Lag since new patch

Ever since this new patch arrived a couple days ago i’ve had problems.
It now takes 3 times as long to log in (not an issue really, but i can see something is wrong before i even get in)
When i’m in, my latency goes up and down with times where it it looks like my spells aren’t working, then it catches up 10 seconds worth in 1 second.
I play hardcore so spikes like this make the game unplayable for me.
I was surprised i didn’t see a post about this already… don’t tell me i’m the only one.
speedtest says the connection is ok - Ping: 3, Download: 90mb/s unwavering line.

4 Likes

Hey there! Let’s go ahead and have you run a WinMTR network test while the problem occurs in-game so that we can further investigate potential network-related issues between your computer and the game server. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the winMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

I’m having the same problem plus i didnt get my d2 anniversary wings for my account or the achievement or anything :frowning:

Unfortunately I have the same problem and the internet is ok :confused:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                     www.asusnetwork.net -    0 |  751 |  751 |    0 |    0 |    2 |    0 |

|      nme-sot-dry-bras32-lo1.tpgi.com.au -    3 |  676 |  657 |    1 |    2 |    8 |    1 |

|      nme-sot-dry-wgw1-be-20.tpgi.com.au -    3 |  676 |  657 |    2 |    3 |    9 |    3 |

|           bu300.mflinbrdr11.aapt.net.au -    3 |  676 |  657 |    2 |    3 |    9 |    3 |

|Bundle-Ether19.lon-edge901.melbourne.telstra.net -    3 |  696 |  682 |    2 |    3 |   24 |    3 |

|bundle-ether10.exi-core10.melbourne.telstra.net -    4 |  656 |  632 |    2 |    4 |   10 |    4 |

|bundle-ether12.chw-core10.sydney.telstra.net -    3 |  688 |  672 |   13 |   15 |   21 |   17 |

|bundle-ether1.oxf-gw11.sydney.telstra.net -    3 |  676 |  657 |   13 |   16 |   22 |   14 |

|bundle-ether2.oxf-gw10.sydney.telstra.net -    3 |  684 |  667 |   13 |   16 |   21 |   16 |

|bundle-ether1.sydo-core04.sydney.reach.com -    4 |  667 |  646 |   13 |   16 |   22 |   15 |

|           i-91.sydo10.telstraglobal.net -    5 |  643 |  616 |   13 |   14 |   19 |   13 |

|               unknown.telstraglobal.net -    3 |  692 |  677 |   14 |   19 |   85 |   17 |

|                           137.221.85.35 -    3 |  684 |  667 |   14 |   18 |  110 |   16 |

|         et-0-0-0-pe02-eqsy4.as57976.net -    3 |  675 |  655 |   14 |   18 |  109 |   15 |

|                           103.4.115.248 -    5 |  648 |  622 |   13 |   15 |   20 |   14 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

There are 3% data packet lost beginning at hop 2. It seems to be your ISP gateway.
Try power cycling your router/modem. If it doesn’t help, contact your ISP to investigate and resolve the issue.

Contact my isp and get them to investigate? is that a joke?

All other games are fine. overwatch gets pretty hectic and that doesn’t miss a beat.

Maskraider is correct. The problem is starting on the node mentioned. There’s a consistent 3-5% loss after it leaves the home network and onto the TPG Internet peering.

While other games are fine, the game servers for other games, even other blizzard games, will take different routes to connect to the game servers as the IP addresses and server locations will be different. Connection is a complex system with multiple different networks and servers building the internet and connection to specific servers and websites.

With this happening on the TPG Internet peering, it’s outside of your and our control. The ISP should be contacted with the WinMTR in hand in this situation as it could be a problem on that specific peer, or issues during exchange between the home and peering network such as signal/line issues.

In the mean time, as a workaround or a way to help isolate the problem, an alternative connection or VPN should alleviate the issue. The alternative connection should address home network and connection routing issues while the VPN does not bypass the home network and should address connection routing or DNS issues. This may be temporary workarounds until the ISP can address the problem on the peering where the packet loss starts.

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.

It doesn’s surprise me at all that it is my isp.
I won’t call them because i know their technical service goes:
#1 - Have you turned your router off and on?
#2 - What lights are lit on your router? lol
#3 - “oh, i have just seen there is an issue in your area, we are working on it, it will be fixed within the week”
It took 2 years arguing (no joke) that my 100mbs connection was locked at 25mbs. After going through the fibre network owner they eventually finally upgraded it and had to compensate me the money.
That took 2 years and 50+ phone calls…

Played last night and it was horrible. Seems ok now though it will probably be back.

Been online gaming since dialup (MW3 on Gaming zone, legendary…)so i’m used to the bad patches.
Now i know there is nothing i can do to fix it, i can wait.

Thanks anyway

ok !!! I AM REALLY FRUSTRATED. I have reset my modem and router and turned on and off my VPN… nothing seems to help the lag that i am experiencing. I find it funny you are telling customers to contact there ISP when before the patch everything worked flawlessly… i have great internet and the problem actually seems to stem from either the patch or the season theme. if i even try to play with another player i can just hang it up. BLIZZARD please fix this garbage. (i troubleshoot things for a living grow up and own whatever you changed in our connection).

1 Like

WELL I DONT AGREE WITH YOU. I had perfect service all the way up to this patch… how can you direct us to fight goiath with our ISP ? you wont get anything done when you talk to them about YOUR path to a game server. (the patch sucks) I have had nothing but lag and skipping after the patch… i turned down the graphics i turned on and off an VPN i changes my ISP … all i got was skippy game play and LAG Olympics. i was so charged to enjoy this season with all the D4 news on the horizon… Swallow your pride and fix this garbage now>?>>>>>>>>

2 Likes

Hey, jez81! Thanks for following up with us! Firstly, glad to hear that it’s seems a little bit better now :slight_smile: Connection is a bit sensitive so it could’ve been throtting or is throttling during high traffic hours or the ISP may have noticed the issue and did some repairs near by or within their servers.

Contacting the ISP can be quite frustrating and can take hours at times. It’s completely up to you on what you’d prefer to do, but it’s helpful to run through some basics with them and show that you are cooperative on the issue and have the frontline representative check both the signal and lines for the connection. After a certain point of running through some basics like restarting the router/modem, you can request this to be escalated to a higher tier. Frontline representatives may not always know how to read the connection test fully.

I hope the latency will remain a bit more stable and playable. If it does seem to come back, those workaround options I mentioned before should help workaround the issue.

@NinjaPenguin, it’s understandable since technical issues, especially connection, is one of the more frustrating issues to run into while gaming. Keep in mind, as technical support, we are not the developers or engineers.

We can assist with technical issues that can be resolved or further diagnosed through troubleshooting and information gathering. If this seems to be a bug with the latest patch, it’s best to report this over to #bug-report forums. The developers do not often monitor the technical support forums like they do for the bug report forums or general discussion for feedback.

If you’d like to troubleshoot the issue, we are happy to help, but we’ll need more information on the situation and additional diagnostics like the WinMTR test.

Just for reference. It is no better, i must have just got lucky.

In reference to ‘frontline’ representatives, when i said i had issues with the isp not helping, i went frontline, managers, managers of managers, ombudsman, everything… still got no where. i barely touched on the whole story.

It’s not worth trying, especially for a problem like this. If someone said they contacted their isp and they fixed it, i would not believe them.

I’ll be honest, the s21 buff where you are blinded and cant see monsters or missiles every couple mins is… not good… so all good :smiley:
Maybe next season.

1 Like

I have the same issue, the game has become unplayable since the latest patch. First, I thought maybe my resolution was too high but the issue persists even at lower resolutions.

1 Like

Hi Blizzard i dont know what to do for the majority of the game i dont have any problems but now and then i get massive lag or freezes for severel secound at the time atleast 3 sec. I have tried running the game at the lowerest setting eventhough my pc is pretty good. I´m running with 84ms. and this all started with the new Patch. And i´m at this point that i dont wanna play the season anymore onto you´re fixing the problem and i know theres alot of other people with the same problem as i. And we all cant have router issues at the same time. Thanks

2 Likes

There is no way that the issue is tied to all of our ISPs. I keep losing GR stones because the game does the trumpet blow before one of the seasonal themes begins, and then latency goes to crap. I can still seemingly move, but then everything catches back up and I see I wasn’t moving at all and am now dead, OR the game kicks me back to the Character Select screen and I have to start what I was doing all over again minus the GR stone I used…

1 Like

I don’t think that its ours ISP that at fault, because problem appear only with season 21, and only in diablo.

https://pastebin.com/vwXNPRrM

i tested both 37.244.30.160 - 24.105.28.10 results are same (pretty much)

2 Likes

the game is unplayable since the season start in fact. It takes like 30 seconds to login, other 25 seconds to the character screen, and plus other 30 seconds to create a room, not to mention the several seconds it needs to cast spells. Is definitely Unplayable.

2 Likes

Okay Blizzard… Not sure if you are listening anymore to these chats, or if you are dead set in blaming the issues on our ISPs, but I have spent the past day and a half doing nothing more than troubleshooting issues with game connectivity the moment the ‘Trumpet’ blows and the seasonal ‘themes’ begin. It has cost me no real money, but a lot of time that I would have preferred to have spent trying to get XP and gear to boost my character/paragon lvls. The common response to concerns is that it is anything/everything BUT Blizzard’s fault.

I have played this game since the very first Diablo (Diablo 1, Diablo 2, Diablo 2 LoD, and Diablo 3 - which I still have and play from time to time). I will continue to play the game, no doubt. However, this season was an epic fail and I don’t believe you have any intentions on fixing the issues that we have, as your responses have been that we need to find a way to fix them ourselves…

With that said, I wish everyone the best of luck in enjoying the season but I will be hanging up my hat until the next season begins, or just playing the non-seasonal character(s) I have - which by the way have no issues whatsoever when I play them.

1 Like

Sorry but this is not an ISP issue. This is a Blizzard issue. I can’t even play high Greater Rifts and it’s only Diablo. Every other game works flawless.