Khassett's Cord

Has this always rolled with only 3 Primary Affixes?

Yes, it has been like that since it was added. Hopefully they will change and buff it in the future.

I posted this on the other thread, but I’ll paste it here because it seems related, and I think it’s a good idea :wink:

Darklight:
Old - Fist of the Heavens has a 45-60% chance to be cast twice
New - Your attacks have a 50% chance to cast Fist of the Heavens at your location. Increases the damage of Fist of the Heavens by 700-800%

Khassett’s Cord of Righteousness:
Old - Fist of the Heavens costs 40% less Wrath and deals 130-170% more damage
New - Gain 30 Wrath when Fist of the Heavens is cast within 15 yards of you. Increases the damage of Fist of the Heavens by 350-400%

This will do a couple things.

A) Forces you to be creative with Wrath management. Attacking targets next to you gains on average 15 Wrath. Attacking targets far away costs you 15 Wrath on average. So you can negate resource issues either through playstyle, or through gear choices.

B) Because Darklight is 50% on attack and not just when you cast FotH, it creates a wrath-generation engine for all builds that can spare a belt and weapon slot. Most endgame builds probably wouldn’t use it, but I could see that this being used for some hybrid builds for early farming, such as shotgun or condemn. The damage from FotH is worth pursuing, and also you get a constant supply of Wrath before your gear is optimized around your main damage dealer.

C) Creates a cool visual effect. Fist of the Heavens landing right on your head should energize you by giving you Wrath. It just makes sense aesthetically and mechanics-wise.

Anyway, I would love to see this, let me know what you think.

I’m personally hoping Fists can be a distance build. All of our other builds are melee, even Heaven’s Fury and Blessed Shield are melee when played optimally.

So I’m hoping when Fists of the Heaven finally gets looked at it’s made into a Lightning + Distance build in order to give Crusaders a lot of diversity in regards to elements and play styles.

Unless they give us something to consistently CC enemies at range for BotT, I don’t think playing it as a ranged build would be optimal.

Meh. I want variety.

I’d prefer to have something different than the face plant in front of enemies and hit them. Even if it means Trapped isn’t one of the go to gems. Even more so in fact if Trapped isn’t a mandatory gem.

I’d like to see Smite incorporated too. Smite could trigger a debuff/CC maybe to trigger Trapped’s power.

1 Like

If variety is what you want you can play Blessed Shield as a ranged build and it will still be quite strong.

Nah, loses a lot of power imo. Fewer Manacles hits on designated target. Less attack speed from PE which means less Leniency stacks.

Sweep Attack is melee.
Heaven’s Fury is melee.
Blessed Hammer is melee.
Invoker/Thorns is melee.
Blessed Shield is melee.

Fist of the Heavens should be ranged/distance imo.

For farming, it doesn’t matter that much if you miss some first hits on the main elite because everything die fast, and it also means Pain Enhancer is useless anyway.

But I get your point of wanting a ranged build.

Oh, I mean for <GR100 then ya, I could definitely play it ranged heh.

But ya, I was thinking more along the lines of if FotH became a competitive GR pushing build. I’d prefer it to not be just another melee build like basically everything else Crusader has.

Just my personal preference of course.

Isn’t this skill and its legendary items easy to mix in with condemn? If buffed, could this skill be spammed on single targets, like elites and bosses? Are the elements compatible (fire / holy)?

Yeah condemn has a weapon slot and a belt slot free, so given big enough multipliers for FotH, you could do a hybrid. You’d have to give up CC/aughilds though, so you’d want pretty beefy buffs from darklight/khassets.

I can’t decide if I’d rather have a phalanx buff or a FotH buff more next patch :grinning:

It’d likely work well with LoN because of no item competition. Either would do, I personally haven’t tried them.

How about making Condemn cast at range like WoL? ^^

Now that would be a change for one haha <3

Back before they made all of the set bonuses boring (at least imo) with generic increase skills by 500%/2,000%/10,000% etc.; my idea for a set was basically Blessed Shield triggers Condemn explosions.

I think my idea was something like

(2) Condemned enemies cast Consecration below them (this was back when Consecration stacked)
(4) Condemned enemies deal 50% less damage
(6) Blessed Shield triggers a Condemn explosion on enemies

Of course Blizzard went in a completely different direction and just slapped… I think only 100% increased damage on Akkhan? And they moved the 50% RCR/CDR each up a bonus tier. Mega snooze fest imo.

Although I’m sure my crazy idea would have been hell for server performance and lag lol

Needless to say, I’d be all for Fist of the Heavens creating a Condemn explosion where it lands as some kind of a bonus.

Pretty sure it would make the servers implode, and I remember you advocating for another blessed shield variant, one that got the speed bonus of rolands, now that would have put whirlwind lag to shame.

Yep.

I still think it made the most sense.

Gyrfalcon made A2 completely worthless. I have no idea why Blessed Shield was paired with Akkhan. Especially when they made an item like Leniency that specifically synergizes with Attack Speed.

Oh well.

Yeah, but atleast now it has synergy with crimson, which gives the rcr some value, akkhan bs feels really nice to play, allthough it’s somewhat weaker than LoD.

Ya, some items have obviously made it stronger. Endless Walk being the biggest one. They kind of buffed Sweep Attack finally too, so Roland’s did find its place eventually. But at the time I was insistent Blessed Shield should be paired with Roland’s, I felt like our sets had no synergy with their items and skills, etc.

By somewhat you mean like a lot. You can’t compare dmg / dps wise the two of them sadly. Both builds benefit from all BS multipliers, LoD can greatly increase elemental type and doesn’t suffer from loss of perma Champ or DR during Champ they are pretty even (with stone gauntlets / ice climbers), and the dmg difference is huge. I have pretty bonkers Akkhan with Crimson gear and GR100 is done with about 3 mins left on a good map, while my LoD Holy (so not even the best dps Fire variant) does 100 with 8-10 mins left easily (both sets are 1/2 augmented and mostly ancient gear with lvl 100+ gems). That with only 1.2k paragon.

I love Akkhan set but simply the dmg multiplier is way too low, it’s behind like 3 seasons at least every other class set that does increase dmg (even outclassed by it’s own class sets like rolland’s / invoker / light as far as dmg bonuses). If the bonus was 7500% then yeah it would be more competitive but due to Condemn we won’t see any increase most likely unless Condemn is altered or removed from set bonus or smth.