Khassett's Cord

When I said somewhat, you have to take some things into account.

Akkhan can run both crimson and endless walk. Akkhan doesn’t lose damage or toughness from running either LoD or LoN, due to one gem slot, or ring slot less.

Akkhan does lose some elemental damage, but since it’s additive, the loss isn’t too bad.

So yes, it’s somewhat weaker, but it’s in line with what I’m expecting it to currently be, all akkhan builds are sort of lagging behind, but since they all are, it’s easy to fix by improving the damage of the akkhan set bonus. Say that they would buff the bonus to 3500-4000, then it would be in line or even exceed the damage of lod.

In reality, condemn isn’t that far ahead, it did get a bump this patch with cc + Aug, but that build traded Coe for it. While it did make the build strong early on, it won’t clear 140 which is the new metric to follow. This means that it’s not condemn holding the set back, it’s still beaten by invoker, seeker and different lod variants. Right now on EU ns leaderboards the best clear is at 136,by a lod condemn build.

Yep condemn sadly is still the top push build at detriment to all other builds.

It’s not only the elemental damage, you are looking at 1500% vs 9750% for LoN / LoD on same BS multipliers that you get with Akkhan + Crimson + Aughild for LoN / LoD. That in and by itself it’s a huge difference. At least 6x less dmg.

If Akkhan set would get a 3.5-4k buff from 1.5k then yes it will be competitive. What I would like to see for crusader is something along the lines for DoD WD - LoN / LoD version is very strong, but Zuni will outperform it and push higher. In other words LoN / LoD for any build should be a very strong build, but Set based builds should be a bit stronger.

Hopefully next patch will address this and open up more builds and more under-used skills for all classes - I shoved my Inna Monk because it’s really not fun to play and it outperforms all other monk builds (sunwuko’s WoL is close but it’s still WOL!!!) by such a large margin that anything else feels like a waste to invest in (auguments / rerolls for ancient / primal etc) when you know you will under-perform even with perfect gear.

Look at wizard Vyr’s, even low paragon and non-ancient with sub 100 gems can do 115+ without breaking a sweat because the freaking set bonus is insanely good offering both tankiness and best DPS in game (and in AoE form too, so it’s not a nitpicking build that only hunts elites or only kills GR), it has no requirement for fishing for GRs to push etc. That’s an amazing set.

Not saying everything should be up to Vyr’s power level, but most sets should provide something similar, so that you can do 100 with the set based on the set power and skills used, and not needing high paragon, 100+ gems, all gear augmented just to do 105’s etc. IMHO.

I agree with the 3500%-4000% number, LoN is roughly 150% stronger than Akkhan CC3, but much more stable due to permanent AC. After doing this, I’d expect Seekers and Rolands to get similar buffs. I haven’t seen anyone playing Seekers, not even in pubs.

I’d play seeker in pubs, with the crimson + seeker combo, i found new love for the build, but even though i could technically play it, it still has lag issues in groups.

But considering rolands and seeker buffs (and invoker for that matter), the question comes down to, where does blizzard want to put the bar at?, gr 135, gr 140?, if the latter, then you’d see buffs on all of them, probably some legendary buffs on top of that.

What is Akkhan CC3? You mean Akkhan plus Crimson 3 set bonus (with ring of royal grandeur cubed ofc). I really don’t feel like the difference in DPS is that small, maybe on trash packs ain’t that sesizable, but on RG it can take me up to 3m to kill the RG with AK CC3 at 105 vs under 1m with LoD.

Akkhan CC3 w/ Endless Walk and CoE
Set: 16x
CC3: 1.56x
CoE: 1.5x
EW: 2x
Element: 1.4x
Total: 104.8x

Akkhan CC3/Aughild w/ F&R
Set: 16x
CC3: 1.56x
Aughild: 1.3x
F&R: 2.25x
Element: 1.4x
Total: 102.2x (gain extra elite dmg)

LoN
Set: 98.5x
Element: 1.8x (can be 2.0x)
CoE: 1.5x
Total: 266.0x

1 Like

When PTR goes live, can we get a concentrated effort from everyone to post in ONE thread about how Khassett’s Cord needs to be “fixed” - aka it should have 4 Primary Affixes.

First person to post it, just link it here or something. Then everyone just reply/post in that thread please.

I’ll do it. It’ll be BiS for sure, so it’s really dumb that it’s missing an affix.

Edit: by “do it” I mean jump on the train. Not guaranteeing that I’ll be first to post :stuck_out_tongue:

For sure, i love this suggestion btw, turn it into a generator.

If you throw in the build consecration with the fear rune you keep em cc’ed and away.

Maybe the 4pc could have consecration gaining the aegis purgatory effect for better zoning.