Just posted by the CM FilthieRich (Firebirds) All the Complaining may have worked

of course it is. You will get something ok, but it will be the equivalent to giving a starving man a cracker and then watching him say that it was the best meal he ever had.

You would think everyone would learn what devs are like by now, it’s not just blizzard it’s all of them. They nerf something back to the stoneage, then pay you some lip service, give you a few crappy token gestures and then you all worship them like as if you they really listened.

So many mugs in this forum it is unreal.

1 Like

You forgot the diminishing returns, I guess, but you are right in regards to something else.

Each GR Level increases the health of enemies by a factor of 1.17 based on the previous one.

GR Level + 0: 1 = current GR. Next GR’s have a 17% increase in monster health.
GR Level +1: 1 * 1.17 = 1.17
GR Level +2: 1 * 1.17 * 1.17 = 1.3689
GR Level +3: 1 * 1.17 * 1.17 * 1.17 = 1.601613
GR Level +4: 1 * 1.17 * 1.17 * 1.17 * 1.17 = 1.87388721
GR Level +5: 1* 1.17 * 1.17 * 1.17 * 1.17 * 1.17 = 2,1924480357

However, you are right in regards to that when 5 GR Levels is approximately doubling the health of enemies in the rift (aka increasing monster health by 100%), then going from it backwards is not decreasing monster health by 100%, but rather by 50%…

… so a 17% increase in monster health is not the same as a 17% decrease in monster health, so you are right in regards to that.

My mistake was that I multiplied by 1.17 backwards, when instead I should have multiplied by 0.xx backwards. Not sure what that number should be.

But thanks for mentioning, I will add to the post the calculations are wrong.

1 Like

Can anyone argue why this set should be buffed by more than 2 tiers max?

Right now Wudijo has it listed as doing 135 ~P2500. At 137 it will be the 2nd best wizard build behind LOD twister, which is an outlier and probably needs nerfed. It beats every single WD build as is, and the gap increases with a buff.

A 2 GR buff makes it tie with the best monk builds, the best barb build, and it beats every single DH build as is. Necro and Crus both have builds in the 140s, but these are outliers and (not new) also need to be nerfed.

Anyone thinking this needs anything but a small bump just wants it to be blatantly op.

1 Like

Like I said, we’ll see.

1 Like

it is not blatantly op if its not possible to use mirror images, i believe if it does not work to trigger the set the nerf wont be needed, because on PTR without the mirror images the set wasnt even touching the gr 150.

out of reality builds from ptr:
-tal6 FB4 ( removed - way too op )
-mirror images FB6 ( gr 150 solo in less than 7minutes, well … )
-Rathma version from ptr release, wich i dont know how to give a solid opinion about fixing, but surely need some atention

You’re talking about maximum potential. What’s wrong with have SOMETHING besides necromancers pushing 150s?

1 Like

Absolutely no problem at all, but wizzard was doing it using mirror images without ANY effort, broken AF, dont get me wrong, i think EVERY SINGLE SET should be able to reach gr 150 solo eventually, but it must be challenging, or else playing is pointless, i want Firebirds get buffed but to a state we can have fun without just obliterate everything regardless any dificult.

This is also the reason why i desagree with GoD nerf, when it got released it was capable of doing 150 with a huge effort and depending on the seasonal theme rotation, if it demands so much hard work to acomplish and also depends on luck why nerf?

I might actually play next season if Firebird emerges playable.

The way Wizard has been handled has been frustrating - no attention for so long, Hydra set emerging underpowered, the massive and unwarranted nerf last season, still no way to play a channeling build (that is, a build that relies on e.g. Disintegrate, as opposed to a build that channels to buff non-channeling skills)… now this.

Hopefully they’re really listening and really going to fix this.

Fingers crossed.

Wizard wasn’t clearing 150 without effort in the state it was at at the end of ptr. The beginning absolutely. But we’re talking about a post nerf nerf. That’s the main issue the community is taking with it. It was brought down already, and we expected a reasonable nerf (the two piece bonus) past even that. That would have brought it in line with the top builds and have the potential to challenge rat runs. It was set to be fun, and efficient. It was set to be in league with bone spear and then it was put in the ground, most likely motivated by beginning-of-season necromancer pack sales. (That’s a personal opinion but there’s a reason behind it)

I don’t see the problem with the community wanting and holding blizzard to a standard where builds get brought up instead of pushed down. I expect to see a lot of community pushback about WD next season once it’s revealed how bad it really is this season. And I hope it gets brought up aswell to the good old firebats days

2 Likes

Any of the outlier builds should be brought down. The current balancing of FB puts it way more inline with 95% of builds than buffing it would.

As is, it is in line with top builds. Or do you mean the outlier necro/crus builds that are 7-10 levels above everything else? That shouldn’t be the target.

Because this mentality literally brought us to clearing the max level of “endless levels” greater rifts. If Blizzard fks up, and one build is doing 145 at P2500, and most other builds are at the mid 130s, it doesn’t make any sense to buff 50 builds to that level.

Wasn’t this set nerfed to 1/10 of what it was? And its still performing above entire classes. Anyone who thought this needed a “small” nerf is out of this world.

it was completing gr 150 in less than 7 minutes without dieing just by holding desintegrate and casting mirror images, seriously that was broken. I’ll gladly use the set with the same PTR numbers but without mirror images proccing the set, witch in my opinion is the only issue of the set, the sinergy with mirror images wasn’t even fun to use, the images AI is dumb like a gargantuan and their atacks are inconsistent, also the rework purpose is to make a set not based on channeling.

3 Likes

That’d be 1/1.17, or 0.854700854700855, or ~0.855.

3 Likes

And still, not even a single word from the bosses mentioning the wd nerf.

That’s honestly very accurate. That and maybe a 2pc nerf are enough i think.

2 Likes

That is probably correct.

I just knew that multiplying by 0.83 would be incorrect, because that would be 1 - 0.17 and that couldn’t be right.

I loved geometry in school, but this math stuff was less intuitive for me, so thanks for helping me out.

People are getting confused between seasonal PTR and shlepping normal at 10kp+ w/ legacy Etched, where you can fall of a log and run a fast’ish 150.

Seasonal PTR is a more valuable metric because it doesn’t involve legacy items and they’re more concerned about seasonal power levels anyway. And in seasonal PTR, the top clear was barely a GR150 at around p3250, using enforcer and MI but the SB/EB spec without MI wasn’t far behind.

In other words, even without MI, just using SB/EB combo to proc, FB6 was going GR145 in that p2500-p3k range.

The reason they overnerf’d was the usual problem - they don’t go through enough iterations in PTR to zero in on fine-grained balancing. They do a couple of iterations at best, call it a day, and overnerf to be safe.

And I’m not knocking Blizz staff at all - some of these guys work hard - they’re just really short-staffed, in maintenance mode, and they have incredibly restrictive management mandates.

Diablo 3 doesn’t have money coming in because they completely botched their money source w/ RMAH and micros. There’s literally no revenue model for D3 in the West other than box/DL sales. It’s just so bizarre compared to other franchises.

So I actually put a lot of blame on management and those that screwed up the revenue model, rather than the creatives and devs for the state of the game. If they had had 100’s of millions coming in (which is actually not hard for a Blizz game) over the years, we might have seen a much more thriving game - more expansions, a larger balance team, better balancing etc.

4 Likes

Me neither, they even took our complains into consideration.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe we’ll get lucky and management will tell them to be on their best behavior with D2R about to launch this year and D4 on the horizon lol. They want to keep the playerbase happy.

1 Like

If you want a convenient shortcut, if you know the factor the damage increased/decreased by (e.g. 0.5 if it does half damage and 2 if it does double damage), you can do:

log(x)/log(1.17)

to get the change in GR levels, where x is the damage increase/decrease factor. And it works in both directions (you get a negative answer for decreases, and positive for increases).

e.g. log(0.5)/log(1.17) = -4.41
So you lose 4.4 GR levels when you cut your damage in half.

Or log(2)/log(1.17) = 4.41
So you gain 4.4 GR levels if you double your damage.

5 Likes

I don’t get why it’s always sub-2000 paragon people crying for nerfs. you are basically asking for staying in the sub-3000 paragon bracket forever, with basically no chance of ever catching up with people that have 6000+ paragon

paragon, besides giving you more damage, gives you TOUGHNESS, which means with your current paragon you will be never able to play certain builds because mobs will consistently one-shot you.

I really don’t understand the desire of being trapped playing low-level builds that are mostly boring as hell

4 Likes

Low level builds are identical to high level builds with the exception of a few affixes. The items themselves are (mostly) the same. Therefore, all are boring.

2 Likes