Just posted by the CM FilthieRich (Firebirds) All the Complaining may have worked

“We wanted to share that we’re listening in on the feedback regarding the Firebird’s Finery set, and investigating opportunities to update some of the changes (nerfs) recently posted in the preview blog. We’re hoping to get this working soon and will update the thread and blog along with any developer notes we can share to keep you all in the loop. Appreciate the patience and we’ll have more to share soon.”

7 Likes

This is solid news, hopefully they revert on some of the over reaching nerfs.

Where was this post by the CM?

1 Like

FilthieRich

106 posts

Community Manager

42m :point_left:

We wanted to share that we’re listening in on the feedback regarding the Firebird’s Finery set, and investigating opportunities to update some of the changes (nerfs) recently posted in the preview blog. We’re hoping to get this working soon and will update the thread and blog along with any developer notes we can share to keep you all in the loop. Appreciate the patience and we’ll have more to share soon.

until i see the patch notes it’s not real, let’s see what’s in the box first. we all thought we was gonna get a flamethrower to fight the demons from hell, what we got is a candle.

atm we be lucky if we get a box of matches.

7 Likes

Thanks Avalon that’s a bit of good news…

As if they didn’t know already facepalm hilarious! Now work harder xD

Postpone the riot. Put away the trebuchet. Don’t tear it down it may be needed yet.

3 Likes

Nah i assume they realized the nerf was way too heavy, about “all the complaining”, if we dont speak for the things we want, they will never happen, thats the whole point on giving feedback.

4 Likes

To the extent mentioned? Come on xD. Was funny though, great response!

Was it simply another April fools joke?

• Blizzard: Lets mess with the forum let’s see how long it takes for them to rage?
1 Like

Doubtful. It’s pretty well established to be calm to Hannover Fiste in 15 milliseconds.

1 Like

Whilst Wizards potentially rejoice, don’t forget that DHs and WDs also complained about their one and only push builds being decimated and there’s radio silence on those, with no indication they’ll be addressed before live.

12 Likes

That is some very good news.

I don’t think it will take them long to change the numbers (because that is easy), but what they actually might need to know or to figure out is to what new numbers to change the old ones to.

I had and have some issues with the new redesign of the set, but these are in regards to its new mechanics and the inclusion of Teleport into the set (instead of buffing Teleport on a base level), but taking it for what it is at the moment, I think that lowering the maximum amount of Combustion stacks (while also increasing the CDR to Teleport you gain from them) would have been enough…

… because it would basically half the damage of the set, since the amount of additional damage you deal is multiplied by the Combustion stacks (so halving the max amount of Combustion stacks is effectively halving the damage), which is a loss of 5 GR Levels.

And halving the maximum Combustion stacks while also doubling the CDR to Teleport you gain from them is also a further buff to Teleport, as you get the max amount of Combustion stacks sooner.

The 7500% Damage per Second from the Ignite (2piece bonus) and the 4000% increased total damage while an enemy is ignited could have stayed the way they are, maybe reducing the 7500% a bit more if some more fine-tuning is required.

1 Like

Nah, keep the pitchforks and the torches on standby, deployment imminent until further notice.

4 Likes

Sry but calculations are a little off.
60% more might be 3 GR more, but 60% less isn’t same as 3 GR less.
You notice this by continuing the sequence:

• 6525% off -> 87% less dmg - 4GR levels
  • 8925% off (total -1425%) -> 119% less dmg - 5GR levels?

good news my backside, this is what is called lip service to keep you fanbois quiet.

1 Like

It may very well be. If it is, we’ll be finding out soon enough.

They made a possibly meaningless gesture. That in and of itself is so rare as to be noteworthy.

True, but sometimes people speak and have opinions on things they shouldn’t or things that need not be changed. You see that all over the forum and a lot of it is facepalm cringe worthy. lol

Firebird changes absolutely were bad, I also hope they fix them. As for the GoD build nerf, who knows.

1 Like