It's quiet... too quiet

I don’t think I can recall such a quiet season start in the Barb forum. Not a single post by anybody since season 25 began!

Anybody playing this season? Interesting things to report? Problems? Notable successes?

1 Like

Please don’t take away my Barbarian membership card, but I’m playing Shadow/Impale this season.

5 Likes

Maybe they are playing the game and not the forum? Seems like a good sign to me.

1 Like

Thorns critting is a once in a lifetime deal. Its literally like playing a s24 bombsader with a perma power pylon. Literally. Guessing area damage is critting too.

I’m getting a lot of barb drops though. I have all the lod lon hota gear. I will barb it up later.

Bruh monk is so broken. I’m blasting 115s 2 minutes already. It literally has no weaknesses. Anyways I’m gonna use this monk to improve my barb with more paragon.

1 Like

My favorite seasonal activity is not playing seasons. Or even the game.

2 Likes

5F H90 can be fun this season. But I will try monk 150 first…

I threw up a clear for LQ Barb but like real talk? XD It’s been an absolute life changing event to not even have to TRY until 144+ on Monk. I thought about going back and pushing on barb later on this season, but I have to be honest in my feel craft. I think Ethereals were better for us than these shards :T

2 Likes

For barb ethereal is probably better. For monk shards are for sure better since ethereal only benefitted them a small amount. This is because shenlongs is so powerful in push. So they get their shenlongs back then slap these two gems on and we begin the rat race to see how high we can speed farm.

I’m up to 116s in 2 minute average @1700p. That is better then my 8.9k barb.

1 Like

Undoubtedly monk’s are seeing a massive improvement. I’m running a fire speed build with Shenlong’s set with in-geom in cube and fragment of destruction in helm. It’s simply amazing to be plowing 120’s in 2:30-3:00 on average (with 1500 current gons). I couldn’t even do that with LQ barb last season at 2500 paragon.

Drop that down to 2 minute runs and your exp gains will go way up. Kinda what I’ve learned over the last few days of getting the right timing is all elites should be one shots and we’ll as some trash can die in between. If you don’t one shot the elite you won’t proc ingeom. Go as high as you can if elite are getting one shot.

1 Like

If I was worried about being that efficient, I’d be over 2k gons already. But I have other games that contend for my free time as well currently, so I’m happy with keeping it in the 3M margin. Since I’m used to that for Barb LQ “speeds” anyways.

As long as your having fun

If by fun you mean “obviously tilted at the hilarious power difference between barbs and monks” Lmao 8D I shouldn’t be salty, we got that NICE BIG OVERHAUL FOR HOTA RIGHT?

I mean it’s nice but. Very uh… bland.

1 Like

Ethereals were definitely better for speeds. For our density-hungry builds, shards may be a bit better at the top end purely because of the Terror- fire ring, which does conduit-style damage and can burn down those hard-to-kill elites.

Haha yeah well, HOTA’s gonna stick around. Inna Monk is probably toast after this season…

1 Like

They do have a track record of nuking strong builds xD;

HOTA’s nice to get that 800% buff. The build is always fun to play, but the buff to numbers alone is kinda boring. I’m of the mind that every class deserves a good support build and a good group DPS build. Even if it’s not meta, still a viable option to group 150 (without months worth of farming gons) would be pretty baller.

I originally thought I would be going hard on HotA, but this season seems like a unique opportunity to push higher than I would normally be able to. So I’m playing a monk right now. My goal is to have a stash of 140 gems so I can augment my NS in a few months.

It also feels time-sensitive that I experience Innas before it gets nerfed. I have to echo what other people have said, it’s kind of ridiculous. Around paragon 150 I was still running LoD tempest rush on T10 when I got everything I needed for Innas. I was instantly able to do GR100 in 2 minutes, and now even with crap weapons I can do 110 in that same time.

1 Like

I made an innas tempest rush monk just to grind out some paragons. Already doing 115 in 3 minutes with basically garbage gear and 1 aug.

In theory, shards should do a lot more than ethererals. You might be able to do stuff like stack enough cooldown to keep zerker up for mote. The area damage ones are nice, especially with the crit everything shard. I bet you can do all kinds of neat stuff with barb and shards, but other classes have much more compelling options.

Let me put it like this Poconut. My 1800 paragon innas with 125 augs is better the my 8.9k rend barb with perfect gear.

2 Likes

S26 PTR:

We’ve noticed Inna’s Monk is a bit too OP so we have hit it with the nerf nuke.

We’ve buffed “insert dud set here” so go play that (which we’ll nerf in S27-28).

Rinse and repeat hahaha.

2 Likes