Is trading dead for Diablo 4?

Because SSF means you don’t group, you play alone.

That’s why they won’t allow it since there is no reason to do it from a financial pov.

Non-trade mode is still NOT the same as SSF.
In a non-trade mode you can still group, still see other players etc.

Yes.

One thing PoE players want a lot is the so called group self found. You can still achieve it there by creating private league, but you have to pay them.

There isn’t any problem they add multiple modes in Diablo 4 since the game will be full of players at the beginning. But they are never adding true SSF.

They might add (S)SF - shared world map and solo dungeons.

They might add non-trade mode as you said.

But they are never adding true SSF where you will be the only one player in the game universe - this would cut them the MTX profits.

Go play POE, boy.
I wouldn’t expect SSF either way if I were you.

I personally couldn’t care less about having an SSF mode.
A balanced non-trade mode is needed though (either by having an option, or it simply being the only mode)

I am not expecting it too. That’s why I said trading will very possible ruin the game for me.

No, I prefer to share my thoughts on Diablo 4 so they acknowledge there are players who dislike trading and want pure game not spoiled by 3rd parties.

As you can see I am not the only one:

I’m with you here.
BUT you can’t really just project your POE knowledge onto D4.

Hiding cosmetics makes zero sense for Blizzard, and they’d never do that. Rhather, they’ll want to do everything to rub them in your face as much as possible, so more people buy them.

Cosmetics do NOT break SSF mode, even if it was implemented.

It’s the other way around - SSF breaks MTX profits.

HOW?
Solo players still buy cosmetics.
People buy them to look good for THEMSELVES. Not to show off to others.

1 Like

Yes, of course, but they would buy more if part of a shared world.

When you see the cosmetic of some other character you might decide you want it too.

While some do, I bet a major part of cosmetics for people surely is to “look cool” in front of others.
And Skelos is right that those people running around in their bought cosmetics, is walking advertisement for people around them.
If you want to sell MTX, you can do it in offline games, but surely, it is more efficient in a shared world.

Still, if Blizzard wanted to add an SSF, they could surely make one where you can see people in the overworld, but not interact with them.
I cant imagine Blizzard would want to make an SSF mode though.

True.

Me too. What’s worse is I can’t imagine they add non-trade mode and lower the whales satisfaction.

That’s why I wrote above:

I want trading back in the game. Devs presented their plan in this subject in Blizzcon, I hope they try it in a beta or something, looks promissing.

I would suggest that top tier items could be trade once, then soul binded.

4 Likes

I made a thread here asking for a dedicated non trading and trading options. But nobody replied. Now the post is never going to end up getting seen because nobody replied.

Reply to it. Give your opinion. Let’s get it seen by the devs.

Yup. I play a single player game and have spent about another $50 to get cooler looking armor and mounts. I don’t care about showing off and enjoy looking good for myself!

Kinda but then I see how much I would have to spend and change my mind. I’ll wait for a sale. But that is how it usually works when you see someone else with it then you have to have it :upside_down_face:

After u found 10 gg bows to acquire adequate crafting materials to craft a may be GG axe or maybe pog axe. This is the main logic in crafting that you can not change. If you to craft “xxx” rarity item you have to salvage ~10 xxx rarity items.

Diablo and PoE (actually all arpgs) are not meant to be competitive game. %99 of the players base are racing with themselves not against others. I’m not against the competitive parts. But it can be done in seperate mod like SSF or private leagues in PoE. How many players are playing in trade league and how many are in SSF in PoE?

Bcs races can be held first day of the leagues?
Competitive players spent most of their time in trade leagues not races.

You could have the same trading-like experience (without the real person interaction) with crafting. There is no difference on theory.

Wrong.

The PoE player that won the ExileCon event practices only races.

If you mix things like some streamers do chance is you’ll do a lot worse.

One week after Diablo 4 release (with NO TRADING) forums pages will be like :

• Farmed high level dungeons for 10 hours without a single upgrade…
  • %99 of dropped legendaries are pog…
  • Loot system in this game is a joke…
  • I’ve been non-stop playing for the last two days and found not a useful legendary…

%90 of the player base will quit. Because with every upgrade your next upgrade will be harder.

What will Blizzard do?
They will open the loot tabs.
Legendaries will be raining from the sky…
Did you remember this scenario? One week after the RoS release?

Even if you make the best item/craft/loot system; without trading THIS WILL HAPPEN. It is inevitable.

Mate, trading is simply an activity that swaps items.

Same activity could be replaced by an advanced AI crafting system.

It’s the same thing - the only difference is that instead of communicating with a real player you would do that with in-game vendor AI.

No you cant. Trading is %99 of the time more efficient than crafting. If you make crafting easier everybody will craft a good axe and sell it. The market will be filled with nice axes. So axe price will drop and buying a nice axe will be cheaper than crafting again. This is math.

In diablo 2 you can buy enigma with a less currency than a total value of Jah and Ber.

You can make and ist Rune with 2 Mal Runes + 1 Ame in the cube but if want to buy an ist rune you pay mal + um (1.5 mal) again cheaper than making in the cube. Because crafting is irreversible.

Wrong again.
Name me a competitive player that just cares about races and I will name 5 competitive player that will be playing the trade league.
tie23 killed uber with a level 32 char in LEGION SOFCORE.
He is trying some challenges that %99.9 of the players cant even imagine. Showing that guy as an example is just absurd. Im caring %99.9 of the players not tie23