Is the Cursed Peat Conquest possible to solo?

I need to get one more Conquest down for the last Season Journey. Being an exclusive solo player, is this one possible? Of the Conquests I have left, the boss killer one is pretty much out of the question and I’d rather not create other characters for the sake of mastering sets.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, Cursed Peat is super easy with Leapquake.

1 Like

Would it help to level the Toxin or Wreath Lightning gems to 25 in order to get a bit more AoE?

No.

Those gems are only buffed by universal damage bonus sets. The only barb set that buffs Toxin/Pain Enhancer/Wreath of Lightning damage is IK. And LoD I suppose if you want to count that.

The damage from those gems won’t kill anything with any of the other sets. The sets that buff specific skills do not buff the damage of those gems. So those gems do negligible damage with Wastes, MoTE etc. Barely a tickle of damage, even on T10.

1 Like

Rage beat me to it, but LQ handles this conquest like a charm. Just set up a bunch of puddles around the chest and watch your kills start flying.

1 Like

I’m going to give this build a whirl. If I follow Maxroll’s MotE Earthquake build, I should have all the pieces in place.

Thanks!

I did it with WW/Rend just by changing the WW rune to the cold one that pulls mobs in and pretty much spinning in place next to the chest.

Come to think of this, could I equip the Ess of Johan amulet? I found a pretty worthless Primal one :roll_eyes:

Nah, Ess doesn’t proc often enough. Just use a standard leapquake setup (with Messerschmidt instead of furnace in this case).

So I’ve never really played Leapquake - do I just hop around until the timer ends?

Yep, just keep leaping (it’ll help if you have lut socks in cube) and resetting your leap with SS: Rumble.

This season is a great time to correct that error!

But yeah, assuming you’ve got all the right gear (and, ideally, at least 35% sheet CDR), it’s just Leap-Leap-Leap , SS:Rumble, repeat.

Like Cass said, the cursed chest enemies will basically just evaporate as quickly as they spawn.

I am also a solo player and was able to do it. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

The hardest part I am having so far is actually trying to load a game which has one of these chests as the active bounty lol.

I’ve done it with Leapquake, UE, Uliana, Hammerdin, and LoD Mages…

I havent done it with WD, Wiz…

AOE is key to doing this…

Cursed Peat can be an active event on the map without it being the bounty so every game you make you should waypoint to the map and scout it out quickly to see if the ziggurat (that the event is at the top of) is there.

Meteorblade is right, it’s actually far more common as a random spawn than as a bounty. Put on a build with high movement speed (doesn’t have to be the same build you’ll clear it with, you can port to town and swap back to your Leapquake after you find it) and start hunting. You’re looking for large event tiles. There’s always one, and exactly one, large event tile per map, so as soon as you find one that isn’t Cursed Peat, reset.

The 6 large event tiles in Paths of the Drowned:

• Cursed Peat
  • Lord of the Hill
  • Lord of Fools
  • Treason’s Final Reward
  • Burning Man
  • cookpot - no event here, just a big, partially closed in tile with a cookpot near the back

I made a video a few seasons ago to highlight all the large event tiles and show how I search for Cursed Peat, you might find it helpful. It has timestamps in the description for an example of each of the large event tiles so you can check to see what they look like as you approach them. Many of them are events that will trigger as you get close, cookpot is the least obvious.

4 Likes

I tried searching like in your video, but then I honestly got bored trying to find it lol. Absolutley nothing wrong with your video, I just couldn’t muster it last night.

I did find a bounty in A3 called The Cursed Bailey. I tried the Leapquake build for the first time, and not knowing what I was doing, managed to kill 178. Should I throw a Warcry in there after SS?

Cursed Peat is basically the only one it’s soloable on. It’s by far the best chest for it.

You might have an outside shot on Cursed Bellows or Cursed Spire if you have a really good setup.

On any chest other than those it’s impossible (unless I’ve missed one, but I don’t think I have), they just physically can’t spawn enough enemies fast enough, no matter how fast you kill.

Alrighty, I was starting to gather that the chest I found last night wasn’t going to cut it just because the enemy spawns seemed to be too slow.

I’ll keep searching for it; I don’t want this one thing to keep me from earning the rewards! I just had different goals of hitting my next Paragon point last night.

Thanks, again!

1 Like