Is it now time to change the name of this forum?

From: Discuss Diablo III to Discuss all things Diablo related?

This is the issue that Blizzard created. People who do not want to pre order D2R which would give them access to the D2R forum, are now treating the D3 forum as another D2R forum. Hopefully the mods will wake up and do something about this mess. Or they could just change the name of this forum from Discuss Diablo III to “All things Diablo.”

18 Likes

Yeah, at this point, if they are so unwilling to moderate the forum properly despite that of the forum rule, might as well just rename the D3 General Discussion to General Diablo Discussion.

What is the point of making the D2 (2000) section if the majority of D2 fans prefer to offtopic with their D2 talks in D3 General Discussion?

4 Likes

You’re acting as if Blizzard made this huge over sight, and they don’t know exactly what they’re doing. Like your little thread will open their eyes to the err of their ways. When the mods decide to act, they will act. Blizzard wanted D2R and D4 feedback. Lots of people choose not to pre-order. Lots of people don’t have a D2 licence. This is the forum that gets seen the most. Live with it.

There’s really not a lot left to discuss in regards to D3. Game’s been out going on 9 years.
Blizzard made the decision to put the D2R forums behind a paywall before the game has even been released.
Also, there are tons of D4 posts here. Why aren’t you complaining about those too?

1 Like

D2R is not D2. It doesnt belong more in the D2 forum than the D3 forum. People in the D2 forum might be just as annoyed as you, about people talking about something that is not D2.

Blizzard should make separate forums. But they decided not to.
If a rename of the D3 forum would solve the problem (it would not), then sure, lets have a rename.

3 Likes

Because Blizzard gave the green light and said it is ok to post D4 in D3 General Discussion. They never say it is OK to post D2 in D3 General Discussion until now.

D2 had been out for 20 years, and you don’t see D3 players post at the D2 forum in the past.

When D3 was being developed people definitely posted about D3 in D2 forums…

4 Likes

This :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:some are just a little slow in the thought process. They will look for any reason to circumvent basic guidelines. What was the point of having the D2 and D2R subsections, if Blizzard will just let people post the D2 comments on the D3 forum. I have access to all of the forums, so I just want to know what others think. Should they just change the name of this forum? It is apparent that some of the players do not care, they will do whatever they want so why have forum guidelines?

and if they created a D4 or D:I forum with a preorder paywall to post, you would still get D4 and D:I threads on the D3 forum.

2 Likes

I don’t know how much effort it is but couldn’t they just add a subforum like “upcoming Diablo games” or something similar.

It might be better if Blizzard just said if you own any Diablo game, you can post on any Diablo forum. Instead they want players to pre order just to be able to post on a forum and that is the issue. Some do not want to pre order, so they use the D3 forum to talk about D2R. So what was the point?

1 Like

I said this a good while back, but even if we did have a Diablo 4 and/or Diablo Immortal forums, it wouldn’t do us any good at lessening the amount of non-Diablo 3 threads in these forums, especially if it looks like Blizzard themselves don’t even use said forums.

In short it wouldn’t be enough to just have a Diablo 4 or Immortal subsection. But Blizzard would also have to make sure of the following:

• The newly made forums are available for any player, who owns any Diablo game license, to post in.
  • Blizzard would need to move all (or almost all) existing threads regarding Diablo 4 or Immortal to their respective subsections. And any future threads, regarding the previously named games, made in the Diablo 3 forums would also need to be moved to their respective subsections in due time.
  • Any updates, blog posts, and/or blue post made pertaining to the games would need to be posted in the game’s respective subsection and not in the Diablo 3 forums.

All in all, Blizzard would need to do more than just slapping on a Diablo 4 and/or Immortal subsection if we’re to see the Diablo 3 forums being only (or at least mostly) about Diablo 3.

With all that said, I’m actually fine with how things are, and I’m not really hurting for Diablo 4 or Immortal forums or subsections.

3 Likes

YES, that’s exactly what I think about Blizzard today.

And here is one evidence.

1 Like

Well Bobby K is laughing all the way to the bank with that $200m bonus he received.
Maybe the D2R pre orders will be used to cover some of next years bonus.

1 Like

If someone has a Blizzard account they should be able to post on the forums of any Blizzard game, even if they don’t own it. This current forum set-up is silly and clumsy. People have no idea what they’re allowed to do or where they should post questions/opinions. I don’t blame them, I blame Blizzard for these foolish forum restrictions.

Restricting forum access to purchasers-only alienates a whole segment of potential players who don’t blindly pre-purchase games without more information. A forum is often the first place they will investigate.

4 Likes

More than 50% of the topic’s are just like the this. Just a big waste of time complaint topic!!! I come here most of the time for a laugh because the forum is loaded with a lot of cry babies.

This a General Discussion part of the forum. Where can have a topic on what ever and what Diablo game you playing. If you don’t like the way it is run to bad to sad. Leave and don’t let door hit you in the butt too.

1 Like

For someone who is complaining about off topic threads in this forum you sure do spend a lot of time commenting in those threads. I’ve seen you comment in many of them. How about you scroll through the list of topics and only open the ones that interest you? Which is what you’d be doing anyway even if there were no threads about D2R, unless you comment in absolutely every thread related to D3, but I highly doubt that.

I’ve spent so much money on Blizzard products over the years that I should be able to post comments wheresoever I choose so long as they relate to Blizzard products. And is D2R really so off topic from D3? I don’t think so at all, in fact they come up together in discussions all the time.

Its more fun if we just talk everything Blizzard related. Or then not, its pretty scary if WOWers jump here too.

Actually I’d be 100% ok with not even being able to see any D2R posts because I haven’t pre-purchased it.

Without D4 and D2:R stuff this forum would be all but dead too. Maybe a couple of posts about nerfs… and that’s pretty much it. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This is just semantics, Kilometer. I generally enjoy your posts, but lawyers would say the precedent was already set. I don’t think it’s a problem there is some discussion on D2R on the Diablo 3 forums. But why they didn’t put D2R on it’s own forums, I’ll never know. It’s most annoying is the threads I can’t comment on, because I was not sold on the direction of D2R. I wanted to be, but “Staying True to the spirit of the game” doesn’t mean a carbon copy with updated graphics of a game I played to death. I’m voting with my wallet, as it were. But I acknowledge they had to gate D2R behind forums as they do all forums, to protect from ads spammers, trolls, and what have you.