Is D3 the unique ""rpg"" where spells/unarmed attacks needs a big and sharp axe?

RPG in " because i played tons of survival games with way more RPG on it than D3.

I an just wondering. I can’t think in any other game.

• Diablo 1 -> Monks(hellfire) are deadlier unarmed and sorcerers learns and improve at spellcasting by reading tomes
  • Diablo 2 -> No monks but spells scale with how much you invested into a particular skill
  • Diablo 3 -> Your golem strength and your unarmed attacks 100% determined by the size and sharpness of your axe.

Other games

• Dark Souls -> You need a catalyst BUT is not a big and sharp axe and it scale with your character attributes
  • Baldur’s Gate 1/2 -> Spell scales with your level and you need scroll to learn (NOTE º1)
  • DarkStone, FATE: Undiscovered Realms, etc-> Same system of D1.
  • TES III : Morrowind -> Learning the spell from masters on the mages guild and increasing your skill by using reduces the chance of failing to cast the spell
  • Gothic 1 -> Finding a master willing to teach magical circles to you and getting magical runes.
  • Gothic 3 -> Having enough ancient knowledge and paying for someone to teach or learning from a shrine(note º2)

Note 1 : BG 1/2 system seems similar to Diablo, but is different. Your mages, has only a chance to learn a specific spell and companions and players with less than 18 INT can’t learn tier 9 spells like Stop Time, Wish and Wail of The Banshee(AoE OHK). And there are chances on learning a specific spell. The unique way to have 100% chance on learning a spell is by being extremely intelligent(18 int), having a mage specialization and learning spells from his respective specialization. Is also possible to drink a potion that temporarily increases the character intelligence to make him able to learn stronger spells and he will be able to cast after the effect ended. Learning spell also give experience proportional to the spell level.

Note 2 : Due the fact that Xardas destroyed rune magic on G3, the game uses a different magical system. Other RPG’s tries to make the spellcasting a part of the world and not any BS that the developer wanna.

Magic in D3 is the most nonsensical thing ever. And i don’t say “hur dur magic needs to be realistic”, a wand of fireballs is far less realistic than a M320 grenade launcher, but a wand of fireballs can exist in a fictional universe where magic is mundane like electricity IRL. But in other games like The Call of Cthulhu, magic leading to insanity makes perfectly sense since it uses alien forces that no human mind can comprehend.

Plenty of JRPGs love their crazy magical weapons. Though the spellpower then ususally comes from a magical stat on the weapon, separate from the physical dmg stat.

Though D3 could be seen the same way. It is not the sharpness of the axe that gives the spells more dmg, it is because it is magically imbued with ‘insert lore mumbo jumbo here’. It just happens to be really sharp too.