🙈 is Common Sense too much to expect?

Well considering the disaster that was the original launch window, this PTR was doomed from the start.

Feedback has been mostly negative from the get go across the board, from the yet-another excruciatingly uninspired seasonal theme to the auto-trash new sets, nerfs over here and nerfs over there, killing fun from one side of Sanctuary to the other…

Everything pointing to the painfully obvious truth that for the longest time - not just after D3 was kicked to the Classic Games kerb - whoever is actively developing content for the game does NOT play said game.

This is hardly the only PTR to completely underwhelm players and leave a sour taste in their mouth. This is only the latest example in a loooooong list of examples dating back years.

the point of a PTR is to test stuff and gather feedback

Yes, deer. But aside from the written-in-stone general consensus that 99% of legitimate constructive feedback has always been ignored, some things are FAR too obvious to even require testing by players. Such as:

• the seasonal theme stinking as per usual
  • the DH set bonuses requiring actions that cancel out said bonuses
  • another Spear-buffing Necro set bonus
  • the removal of the Rend damage bonus from Lamentation
  • the Crusader sinking faster than a cannonball in custard once again
  • staring directly into the sun during an eclipse :sun_with_face: :sunglasses: :sun_with_face:
  • lighting your own natural gases = :boom: :dash: :boom:
  • putting Mentos in diet coke :boom: :sweat_drops: :boom:

:zap: WE SHOULDN’T HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY ALL THESE ARE BAD!!! :zap:

Is it too much to expect some common sense to be employed??? Is it too much to expect whoever is greenlighting these implementations to sit and play the game for a few hours before he/she greenlights anything?

Gordon Ramsay forcing chefs to eat their own trash on Kitchen Nightmares comes to mind right about now. Why doesn’t Blizzard have a Gordon Ramsay?

If you knew it was raw, why did you put it out??? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

22 Likes

Deleted Content Due to Regrets

4 Likes

Right now is nothing like the barb ww/rend set. That one shines. This is simply broken and in a bad way.

3 Likes

1 Like

Not when you have to keep interrupting Strafe it ain’t…

1 Like

I’m sorry man, I love bashing the D3 devs just as much as the next guy but the only relevant point you make is the DH set mechanics and the seasonal theme. Other than that it is clear that you cannot see the bigger picture and are just upset they tuned down the numbers on vastly overpowered speccs. Did they tune down some of those numbers too much? Maybe, PTR will tell. But I suspect you’d get your panties in a twist regardless of the size of any nerf.

As for the seasonal theme, it does seem lacklustre, but I’m sure if those proccs annihilate the entire screen then you will be very happy that you can clear those higher GRs again.

3 Likes

all good but one - is that really bad? :wink:

Speaking the good word, MolaRam.

Since it is classic games, they probably do play the game. But you do have to understand they probably don’t have the same understanding of the classes as the ones that did make the game along with RoS. Plus their view of fun is different as well.

Even though they went too far the other direction. I would have to say that it isn’t a good idea to have a seasonal theme so strong that it is the only reason we are able to clear GRx (add actual GR level). Otherwise you would have season after season where players would be able to solo GR150 within the first few weeks of playing. All on their very own, no teaming at all. That’s right entirely solo.

1 Like

Only if you’re within the blast radius.

in that case…

Sacrilege!!!

Um… this is exactly how GoD set plays…strafe for movement and primary skill spam…

It’s not rocket science >.<

Wonder is this why Nevalistis left? Developers that didn’t give a damn what feedback she relayed? Or was is Nevalistis, who didn’t relay good feedback?

What is rotten in Diablo 3? I miss John Yang. He actually played the game.

Yes. epic flop. even farting noises every 2 minutes would not save the situation.

1 Like

I imagine being a Blizzard CM is like working as a prison guard.

Depressing as hell.

The new DH set atm aint like WW at all. Your dmg skills are the primal skills and the other is just for def-proc and to move.

Sadly, WW barb for DH would be good. This is like that new barb set for frenzy and even worse as you need to channel a skill to get defensive proc.

ANYTHING for DH would be good at this stage, considering we’ve been stuck with Multishot for pretty much the entire D3 lifespan so far.

But as we’ve already established, they don’t play their own game so they are 100% clueless as to what’s good and what isn’t.

Here are my suggestions to fix the set while not making it into just a whirlwind build for DH.