Invoker with Echoing Fury

Hi, I’ve just found an EF and I wondered about cubing it instead of Furnace? Any thoughts?

I would say, it is good for lower gr where you can kill trash more effectively, but in higher gr where killing trash is unacceptable i would prefer furnace.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help

You don’t have a crusader…

He has two Invokers…
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Scourge-2455/hero/124400732
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Scourge-2455/hero/118035411

Ain’t nobody tryna look up other regions. Except EU because nobody has any answers over there, apparently.

EU players post on the US forums due to them getting much more traffic than the EU forums. Heck, there’s only been three threads in the EU Crusader forum in two months. Had the OP asked on EU, I’d have answered him on EU.

Rather than trying to help you decided to be snarky and claim he doesn’t even have a hero of the class he’s asking about rather than do something as simple as changing the us to eu in a URL to check.

As simple as it sounds, im on my phone so I dont even have a browser open. I’d have to open a browser, tap the url, it will delete it, manually type the entire thing replacing us with eu assuming I could even remember it.

It’s much easier for everybody if other regions post their character in the thread instead of assuming we can get their by viewing their profile.

Im just saying that if they wanna come here looking for help, it wouldn’t kill them to help us to help them by sharing a link to their character. I’m hard, but I’m fair.

You assumed the OP was lying about having a Crusader because you didn’t bother to check properly. Do you think it’s fair to assume someone asking for help is lying?

I checked his NA profile and a crusader didnt exist. I think its fair to say i met him halfway and it’s not my fault he didn’t leave a link to the character in question.

I didn’t expect all this confusion. As has been said above, I post here because the EU forum is almost dead. There was no need to look up my character profile because it was a general question, not specific to my build, which is a work in process in any case. That’s why I didn’t post a link to my character.

I got the answer I wanted from the second post. That anyone should think I don’t have the character I was asking about beggers belief. Anyway, thanks to the people who explained it to him.

1 Like

I don’t think you got an accurate answer. In all situations I would prefer cubing EF over Furnace. Furnace loses a lot of value after you factor in all the IAS you get from EF.

50% DMG to elites sounds good, but when you gain 75% IAS, it’s actually less damage over time and a lot less survivability through LoH. But it requires killing things. So probably Furnace is better, but Im actually thinking about a hybrid build.

Also, I would drop Pigsticker for Doomguard since thorns are Physical damage. There’s other things you could change, but I’m not gonna pick it apart.

I don’t know what the cookie cutter thorns build is, but this seems decent:

www.d3planner.com/935517361

As the second poster said, you have to kill multiple monsters to get the 75%.

Also, I didn’t ask for any suggestions for my build apart from the EF question.

Invoker must be played as Élite killer, because of AoE of Punish which is single target, like the 6-p Invoker set bonus, which is applied only to a monster per shot.
So every variation on “more damage to trash” is not consistent at high levels.

Then Furnace is BiS, as Pig Sticker over Doombringer (1,5 base AS over 1.4 is far better than 20% Physical Damage, since it unlocks lower breakpoints).

1 Like

Sorry, but that’s just bad advice.

Invoker relies on how quickly you can apply / re-apply Thorns to the mobs. This means the faster your weapon is the better. The fastest base weapon speed for one-handers is daggers. Pig Sticker is a dagger. It also rolls with one more primary affix than any other one-hander which means you can

Strength
Vitality
Increased Attack Speed
Life Per Hit
Cooldown Reduction
Socket

One of these is obtained by rolling off the weapon damage affix. With 7% IAS on the weapon, you end up with over 1.6 attacks per second. All the extra attacks means thorns being applied more rapidly, more sustain due to Life Per Hit, more rapid gain of Bane of the Stricken stacks, more rapid gains of your armour’s 2-piece bonus, i.e. more Thorns to be applied. The physical damage bonus on Doombringer is useful for LoN/Bombardment Thorns, but not for Invoker.

Compare Invoker to Bombardment.

2 Likes

Sanjuro had it right. I tried this in the PTR it quickly runs out of gas. End up losing time because you have to focus on killing trash to keep the speed up or you struggle on elites because of the loss of the Furnace. If it was some sort of on hit VS on kill bonus it would be worth the trade.

1 Like

You don’t need Bombardment on skillbar at all, bombs from belt is enough.

1 Like