Invoker Feedback

In monster packs, yes. But against the bosses …
Without Iron skin we loose thoughness and thorns damage boost.
Without Provoke we have only 31% block chance if we play without Punish / Justice Lanterne / Bloodbrother.
Without Steed Charge, there are situations where we are blocked by monsters and we need to go through them. This skill also helps in these situations. It is essential for me, It’s not just a skill to move faster.

With this redesign we have problems, we lack either skill location or location in the cube if we want to benefit from the new 6p. Depending on our choices, we can lose survival … I don’t see how to play with Slash and Punish at the same time.

okay the double primaries are a lot of fun. great vs trash & the boss.

I cleared GR139 tonight with the double primaries. I recorded a video, you can view it in the original post.

2 Likes

Have you guys tried Coven’s Criterion for more survival? 60% DR/blocked attack. Or Akarat’s Awakening is just better because of the CDR?

Nice, i had a feeling. I was surprised how well it worked too.

We can consider this gameplay if Blizzard changes the trigger of the 4p and it would be more fun to play :slight_smile: .

I noticed something strange on D3Planner. According to the site, Slash receives only 15000% damage bonus from the 6p while Punish is boosted by 67500%. Is it a D3Planner bug or the reality ?

To be sure of what I am telling you, I have created a new crusader. I equipped it with the 6 pieces of the Invoker set and I puted Slash and Punish in the skill bar.

Slash : h ttps://ibb.co/p04CN47

Punish : h ttps://ibb.co/bdp9jyT

GR140 cleared after swapping Furnace to Echoing Fury like we’ve been seeing on the season boards. Not 100% sure if it’s truly the best, but the EF bonus is up fairly regularly.

Both skills are resulting in 1.7T hits with 0 stacks of I2 and 100% EW. For confirmation – the hit value is exactly the same.

Ok thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

The 4pc definitely causes problems and I’m finding Invoker very squishy (1300 paragon) on non-seasonal on the PTR. I would prefer it was changed also. The punish/slash synergy would be nice, but perhaps doing something quite different and incorporate what seems to be unused. Phalanx. Make the Invoker set play a bit more like an Inna monk as a pet build with Phalanx. "4pc - Whilst Phalanx is active - do something " Basically buff the pets.

Nah I would add Phalanx to the Akkhan set. It fits the fantasy more. It would be a bit like IK but relieing more on your Phalanx.
For Invoker, Consecration could be a good candidate for DR, as it also has a thorns rune. So you’re heald for the duration and get DR.

2 Likes

Manually cast Bombardment is bad because it screws up Punish targeting. Get it off our bar!

1 Like

Going with the set themes. Invoker is a conviction set (Akkahn - Akkarats Champion, Valor - Heavens Fury, Light - Falling Sword, seem to be the others and Roland is pure secondary). Bombardment is it’s conviction. So buff bombardment in some way as part of the set to improve the set would be theme fitting and make it worth having on the bar, not just for the paltry damage it now does and the damage reduction.

The combo strike is great. Invoker just needs a little spice. Id love to be able to move from coe. Maybe tie blocking % to a thornes damage mod bonus so we could use justice lantern for more defense.

1 Like

Blessed Shield is a little bit like that as part of the skill. Shield Bash is very much like that.

Block % as DPS is smart, but you’re then going to carry Provoke. I’d personally save this concept for Roland’s Shield Bash and make it extreme.

They could also do something like:

Add to 6pc or Swiftmount
Gain one stack of Punishing Steed each time you Punish an enemy up to 150 stacks. Activating Steed Charge will consume all of your Punishing Steed stacks and increase the damage of the Spiked Barding rune by 300% thorn damage per stack.

The 6pc thorn conversion is 67,500%.
This mechanic is 500% Steed Charge * 150 * 4 = 300,000%

Invoker becomes a horse build that demolishes stuff on the physical cycle, hitting roughly 4.4x harder than Punish/Slash at max stacks (but 2x slower since it’s not ticking with the 100% attack speed from I6). 150 stacks means you’ll likely cast it every 2nd or 3rd CoE cycle. One cycle for Slash, the next for Steed Charge. You’ll have to decide to use Slash or Punish… when fighting blues… you likely stick with Slash for those.

You’ll also have to decide whether to walk or use the horse to move to the next pack and consume your accumulated stacks in the process.

The cube will favor Echoing Fury for stack building, but Swiftmount might be on the table should you choose to float around on horse for extended periods of time. I don’t think Norvald’s adds any value since it is slow hitting.

Lots of good ideas. I dont know how much dev time they have on it though. A super easy ‘fix’ might be to just keep norvald at 400%. Then you can out dps the damage.

1 Like

Invoker is no fun with Norvald. (vomitosis) :face_vomiting:

Btw anyone noticed that invoker with omnishalsh just became a less effective version of Roland with a back cone dps zone ? enough said

It feels like a 360 degrees Rolands for sure, but more effective.

yeah norvalds is not for everyone.

Ok, SUPER easy fix without having to change anything other than a few tables is to change the 4 piece bonus to automatically cast bombardment and give you the damage reduction. That way it frees up a button and gives folks different gameplay options.

Then if any time update some old crusader specific items to do cool new stuff ™