Initial thoughts 2.7.0 GoD DH

Pushed GR136 in S22 at P2662. This only took 5 keys max after I cleared GR135 only moments before.

PTR 2.7.0, same build, everything is the same as seasonal except paragon, I’m P3685 on PTR. So same items, augments, gems, everything copied over. So approbably +1000 paragon. Forgot 4th cube slot…I’m using elusive ring on this first push.

1st/only attempt, Festering Woods first map, +1000 paragon, cubed elusive ring instead of CoE+Mantle, and PTR 2.7.0 GR120 feels like pushing GR137 during S22…Didn’t even try to finish it.

Edit: Paragon corrections. S22 = GR136 @ P2662, PTR = P3685…4103 dex difference from S22 to PTR, too lazy to find all the differences. sorry. =)

2nd try: GR120 “push” 13:49, swapped stricken with trapped, Shrouded Mours - Pandamonium - Shrouded Mours - The Binder RG. Channeling + Speed pylon (Not on RG).

3rd try: GR120 14:50, Devouring Arrow to Spray of Teeth, couple changes in stats from Wraps of Clarity and FoT, no physical dmg FoT, but gained dex from ancient+augment as well. shrug

4th try: GR120 11:39, HA: Scatter Shot. Too be fair, I did have Power+Conduit, didn’t use conduit to clear for any progression, took it for RG only. Scatter Shot was feeling noticeably better from the start of the GR, compared to Devouring Arrow and Spray of Teeth.

Guess I’m done, patiently waiting for GoD to be buffed to continue any tinkering.

1 Like

same for me. usually I can do speed 107 in sub 2mins, now it almost took 5mins. density is a nightmare now…

2 Likes

Nevermind, i saw the GR120 part.

Was the 18GR prediction close? Get rid of stricken and try again.

I am eager to get home and try too.

2 Likes

honestly no reason to try again - with this change, this build is dead.

well done blizz, you have killed three entire classes (Wiz, WD and DH) with the last two patches.
monk has always been useless, and even zmonk is dead by now.

on the good side: I can now create 6 new barbs, saders and necros

2 Likes

I never fished for GRs or farmed paragon, was pretty casual in s22. 128 clear at 1650 paragon.

Lost elusive ring in cube
Flavor of time put on follower
Hellfire equipped to character (archery bonus, better stats than my flavor of time)
Archery --> sharpshooter in passives (didn’t need any toughness or cheat deaths)

Tried a 115, felt substantially slower than 128 did in s22. Didn’t really get good rift maps but my timer was almost double my progression, didn’t care to finish the rift.

I don’t see the logic in this nerf going through with Necro staying the same, as it was already superior

It looks like it can only be a speed build now for key farming since there are support items and sets that followers can use

Yeah, seems like Blizzard has killed a GoD.

Just remember…This is only the beginning, it can always get worse. =)

7 Likes

RIP GoD DH S21-S22

You will be sorely missed :frowning:

5 Likes

Don’t worry, I reported that bug already so they’ll nerf that too. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

:pitchfork: :burningatstake: :impailed:

I’m so frustrated. I copied my non seasonal DH character and I have 4537 paragons. Tried the PTR and started GR115 with my character. In season 22 I made this in 4-5 minutes maximum. In the PTR i was killed a lot of times and probably never finish 115. With the same DH build I made GR130 in season 22 and now I can’t even finish 115 in PTR. Are you crazy guys? How can you kill a build after 2 seasons like this? I loved to play the DH before but now probably I will not use it again. RIP GoD!

2 Likes

I can confirm several things said before

• Shatter shot is the best rune for now
  • Buriza helps, to what extent I can’t tell
  • Don’t use stricken better to clear rift in time and spend 2min on RG

I cleared 125 and it felt like… 135 I’d say, except on RG where the nerf is obviously not as hard, worse but not hugely worse.

For the adjustments I made this was the best I’ve found :

• Buriza + quiver
  • Shatter shot
  • Stricken => Trapped
  • Squirt equipped FoT on follower
  • Nems on follower

Pretty sure the follower buff helped to some extent.
AD doesn’t seem to matter as much too, it might be worth not sacrificing damage for it now, I had 88% for that clear, going 135 with devouring arrow felt noticeably worse.

UE:HA doesn’t seem bad seeing the clears, might be the way to go if things stay that way (let’s hope not).

1 Like

I used my NS DH (geared originally with straight GoD6 (no CC3), dw with cirri/coe/dd cubed, so the only difference between NS and PTR is the minor buff from Templar (didn’t change skills or add any new gear beyond what he was wearing from NS). Effectively the only real change from NS to PTR attempt was the extra 125 paragons transferred.

That toon had cleared 127 @ 2645 NS

I got to 80% when the timer ran out on a 120 @ 2770 para…and with a MD pack too.

Definitely (as Iria mentioned) not as noticeable on t16 or say GR100…but at 120 it was brutal. I did clear with shatter shot after watching the testing DiE and Iria did, but that’s likely gonna get fixed and it was still super slow.

This nerf to fix the issue with MD is like calling in a DC-10 Water drop to put out a lit match.

Heh …a lit match next to the campfire at your favorite campground.

1 Like

…Sometimes I wonder who’s side you’re really on…/joke

2 Likes

I slapped the build together non season to give it a try since I collected all the pieces to make one . Played a 110 level GR and was owning that . Well , at least I can say I got to try it before they killed it off . A pretty fun build indeed . I’m sorry that they killed it . So sad , and I question why they would nerf it and ruin it when it is not in any way over powered . It was in a very good place if you ask me . Just sad ! Sorry you guy’s had that happen with GOD6 . Let’s hope that they decide not to nerf pierce . It’s not set in stone until they actually program the nerf and patch it on . Maybe they’ll change their mind . There’s nothing wrong with it the way it is and it’s definitely not over powered . I hope you listen to the unhappy DH’s Devs and change your minds .

3 Likes

i cleared 135 @ 1700p, u should be able to clear 141 with 2600p on season

With quite a bit of fishing sure. I think my 135 prolly took 50-100 keys, maybe, not sure…But my 136 only took 5 keys. Not everyone likes to fish for that perfect rng.

I did my 140 with paragon 1800ish and about 15 keys. Then again I used the Bone Spear DH build which is OP this season.

1 Like

bro, i cleared 135 with a couple of keys and skipped a floor in my clear, i didn’t fish at all