Infernal Machine of Fright "countdown bug"

While experiencing this “bug” I am always in group of 2 or more.
Only Infernal Machine of fright, show this behaviour.

1. First time we go into “Fright” and all other machines, all working fine.
  2. We do the same again but after the countdowns portal “Fright” does not send an invite to others in group. If you finish and kill the bosses, you will not get any loot.
  3. As a workaround we do what we always did before countdown was invented. We restart game, in this way the “bug” is not triggered.
  4. It can be reproduced every time so not periodic.

Link to video: Diablo III 2023 05 21 19 51 24 02 - Bug after Fright countdown. - YouTube text**

1 Like

I see the same behavior as well.

3 Likes

Reported a while back… and not fixed :frowning:

3 Likes

Fortunately, there is an easy workaround. Just announce to the party that you are entering, and everyone can just TP to you or walk through the portal and join in the fight at any time.

I think that the drops will be there even if they were not there for the fight. They just need to walk in and get the drops, as long as they do it within 60 secs after the Ubers die.

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve only run it with friends (not pugs) and we are usually all on comms. So in that circumstance, it doesn’t affect us all that much.

nope not in my cases, no loot! Not a vaiable workaround, we use to make new game to avoid it.

The bug does not prevent players from entering.

When you get to the last portal from Act IV, just wait for each other, and everyone enter at the same time.

Wait until everyone is inside before moving toward the boss and starting the fight. There is no need to reset the game, unless you just want to.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean. The only issue is that there isn’t a closure timer. I’ve had no problems with it otherwise.

The bug that I have seen is where the other players do not get an invite for the boss.

But this does not prevent the other players from joining the fight, collecting the loot, or from opening more portals after it closes. It does not negatively affect anyone as long as everyone remembers to enter and grab the loot before the portal closes.

See below:

2 Likes

Oh! I was responding to Gnaupot. Sorry bout that!

But yeah, that’s my experience as well. It doesn’t affect the play as long as everyone is coordinated.

2 Likes

The issue here only happens after first pass is over, this is Fright only issue and the following behaviour is seen 2 time you run Fright:

1. Others in your party do not get the “invite” when you start it. (They can enter yes!)
  2. No loot is gained from killing the 3 bosses, nothing… what so ever.
  3. Our workaround is to restart game after each run, like in the old days before timer was introduced.

I hope this clear up otherwise tell me.
Kind Regards Gnaupot

This has never happened to me, and I just posted a clip showing the bug up above, and I got the loot on the 2nd run.

No one is saying it is not bugged, but since everyone has the opportunity to grab the loot, then it does not really matter if it is bugged.

Are you sure you are remember this correctly? And if so, can you record it and post a clip showing that you do not get the materials on the 2nd+ run?

1 Like

For me and my group (who were farming the drops for the altar), this wasn’t the case. We got drops every time.

Like Vita suggested, postung a video of it happening might help.

I will record a video let see if its as easy to reproduce today as the last days. I return with it soon. Regards Gnaupot

To post your video, just host it on YouTube (for example), copy the copy and paste it here.

1 Like

I have made a link and saved the post.

Your video shows that you got the materials after the 2nd fight.

This is not a game-breaking bug. You just need to remember to pick up the loot within 60 secs after the fight.

You apperantly dont see or read what happens here in full, so stop you repllys if you dont wanna read it and act accordningly. I write that the invite is not sent to others as well, the loot missing i just found out is perodic as we ran 5 times without loot and now 1 without. Your not helping the case or anything if you do not read the full story. Kind regards Gnaupot-

Ok. You say it is intermittently happening where you do not get loot. No one here has seen it happen, but that does not mean that it never happens.

I thought you were going to post a video showing that you did not get the loot. That is why I was saying that your video does not support your case.

Why post the video if it shows the loot dropping, when you are trying to say that the loot does not drop? I guess I just don’t understand.

1 Like

Well I cannot force both things to happen every time, can you? in this scenario it must be okay to upload what you have and not just wait around till case is closed by uploading a later catched happening.