Individual item drop.. Separate Cha-Am Inventory... It is no longer Diablo 2

I took part in a survey.
I hope Diablo 2 will be Diablo 2 forever.
Diablo 2 Resurrected introduced at BlizzCon was really beyond expectations.
But what came out of today’s survey wasn’t Diablo 2 anymore.

1. Individual item drop.
    This is why Diablo 3 failed.
    It doesn’t match Diablo 2’s system even more.
    Because, if you drop items individually, there will be a person who follows from behind in a room of 8 people and picks up only items.
    And there is a situation where someone who has played harder than 500 hours will hunt, and the person who has just started will eat the high-ranking rune.
    This is not right.
    Most Diablo 2 Classic users, including me, will be leaving.
    Diablo 2’s system is already complete.
    Character balance adjustments are always welcome, but we hope you don’t change other systems.

2. If you create a talisman inventory, you will lose the same strategic element as it is now when playing pk.
    When playing the current pk, the inventory is filled with talismans and played.
    That way, you can only have limited potions, and you can build a strategy that suits your situation.
    However, if you create a talisman inventory, you will play pk with too many potions or too many reciprocal items.
    In addition to the item farming content of Diablo 2, the final content is pk play.
    This part becomes very important.
    With item farming content alone, Diablo 2 wouldn’t have lasted 20 years.

Diablo 2 is already a complete game right now.
Most of the users cheered on Diablo 2 Resurrected because they kept the original and only modified the graphics and some convenience.
We hope not to disappoint Diablo 2 fans who have been waiting for 20 years.

Again, what was revealed at BlizzCon is enough. Please only modify the character’s balance and convenience.
That’s how Diablo 2 Resurrected succeeds.

19 Likes

Diablo 3 failed? It’s still immensely popular and played by hundreds of thousands of players every season.

Please get out from under your rock. You didn’t like Diablo 3. That’s OK. You’re allowed not to like things. But just because you didn’t like it, doesn’t mean it failed, LOL.

The rest of your arguments are just reaching if not inaccurate in a lot of ways, and there was ways address them easily.

Yeah, D2 is still played 20 years later… so are EverQuest and Ultima Online. That does not make them good games by today’s standards.

Blizzard wants and needs this game to reach out to a massive audience. They can’t just cater to the same 100 people who haven’t moved on from D2 in the last 20 years. They need to reach out to as many people as they can.

9 Likes

No, diablo 3 failed for multiple reasons beyond personal loot.

You can negate the consequences of good inventory management already in diablo 2 by save and exiting with the item you want which is likely the best item in the run. Just because you think inventory management is somehow important doesn’t mean it isn’t easily circumvented, so why continue with it? Or are the people who S/E with items they want when full and then rejoin the game in 10 seconds or less just inventory management gods?

A charms-only inventory just recognizes the fact that we can already easily evade the supposed consequences of poor inventory management and doesn’t make something core to your character subject to stupid tetris. you can still have inventory management issues even with a charms-inventory.

4 Likes

LOL. D3 failed?

8.6 MILLION units sold on Playstation alone. Steadily climbing.

Don’t believe me? Google it yourself. “Diablo 3 player count”. Easy. Do your own research.

Yep. It failed. Lol.

Again, stop being a bigot. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it failed. It’s OK not to like D3, you’re allowed. Good on you. That does not mean it failed.

8 Likes

Well, I am sure, it was a commercial success, but the amount of fans, that flamed and hated in forums, was ridicoulus. Also the amount of concepts, they introduced and then discarded again must be a world record for any game out there… D3 before release was a completely different game to what it is now. There are literally different games, which have more similarity to the release version than the release version to D3 now. This shows an immense insecurity about the concept of the game. The devs’ goal was to create a successful game, not to create a world, fiilled with details, fans would love.

Also they promised things, they did not implement. In many aspects, D3 was a big fail. And imo this fail became bigger and bigger with every patch. I would probably love D3 today, if they sticked to inferno mode, trade, no AH, a D2 itemization, lower damage and introduced and worked on PvP arenas. Instead, it is a fail for me now.

1 Like

Are you referring to the one on reddit with 25 questions? If so, the results should be released in less than a week. So far, there have been more than 4,000 respondents. Although the survey has sampling bias (you needed to know about it, then go to reddit, and then actually take the survey), it will be interesting to see the features that players want in D2R.

In a FFA loot system, a new player in the same party can grab the high-value rune before the guy who played 500 hours.

In my mind, both games were successful even though they are different. In terms of sales, it would be difficult to argue otherwise.

3 Likes

I am more than okay if all they do, is balance skills. Other modern conveniences would be nice, but balance is key. Miyagi the game, lol.

Instantly regretting this but the new player in a personal party can roll the high-value rune before the guy who played 500 hours. In Personal in fact a low level guy can run around the most powerful sucking up free drops constantly with no fear of ever missing the drops hitting the ground.

D3 in my mind failed because it didn’t hold onto the Diablo look, play style, end game, itemization, or almost most aspects of how D2 played. They eventually turned it into a product that is worth playing, but is now a paragon mountain of mess because of these new systems. Like runewords? one of my favourite groups of items, changing them into skill mods.

Hell even killing Cain was a mistake by most Diablo players eyes. Especially the way they did it.

I dunno both sides just see how they played Diablo 2 completely different, I never had issues with drops.

3 Likes

I feel like I should start being offended by how you keep framing things. So it is a completely different game but because it made money it’s a success, discounting the numerous and continuous growing pains it went through, the fact it is almost not the same game in any way besides the characters names. That’s a weak argument not even counting it’s ignoring the main point of the sentence you cut off.

1 Like

lmao random players wanting extra changes and features filling out a survey isn’t going to change ANYTHING, hope you realize that bud. Unless you were able to get a survey of 400,000 players that was over 80% tilted a specific way, it wont impact anything. And even then, the devs themselves have stated they will not change the game, you kids keep dreamin though. It’s definitely entertaining to watch you beat that dead horse into dust.

6 Likes

You are correct, but it is more complex.

When I personally decided to be a ninja looter/leecher, I got way more good items that expected by random chance alone. I think that is in part why are views diverge. You think leechers/ninja looters get less drops by random chance alone, while I know that savvy ninja looters got way more. I did not use any hacks to get the extra loot.

1 Like

That’s not even anywhere my argument, mine is I have never seen it as an issue, never thought it hurt me, if it did I went to a new room, it was almost a none issue. The bots and dupers on the other part, they did all the damage.

Like I say I had no issue with shared loot… that’s all it is.

Even if someone kept ninja’ing my loot, I would kick them, vote to kick, start a new group, it’s not like it was hard to find people.

I could see it being frustrating though, transparency would help with that a bit, like showing who got the drops so you can tell if someone is getting inhumanly lucky.

2 Likes

Uh PD2 had a concurrent 15k players today. Plus you got all offline players, POD players,and plugy. D2 little bigger than you think

2 Likes

Tried fixing that up for ya…

1 Like

Said poll is a private campaign launched on a third party platform where a majority congregated for the sole purpose of having their opinions reaffirmed, and where their cognitive distortion eventually gave wake to terminologies such as “purists” and “changers” to mark players by hyper-generalized identities that are easier to accept or reject outright without requiring to get to know them or the arguments they’re conveying. Most people are not going to create reddit accounts to argue with them or participate in their poll, because that’s the same as adding to the insanity.

TL;DR. Their poll is not relevant to D2R or its fate.

3 Likes

I’m calling it… MicroRNA is gonna hot ‘n sticky quote it all over the place. ‘This is what the people want, we R majority!’

VV: thumb down

Personal loot wasn’t even close to being on the list of reasons D3 was so disappointing to so many people.

It was the top selling game, but then rapidly lost insane numbers of players because:

1. story mode only with no free-roam option (later called adventure mode, but only added with a paid expansion)

2. the items were boring and didn’t add anything interesting to the game, they were just stat sticks primarily

3. many skills/runes were trash so the many options they bragged about at the blizzcon announcing D3 weren’t really options at all

4. no interesting crafting or rune words

5. they killed Cain with butterflies

The devs and players tried to scapegoat the auction house and pretended that was D3’s biggest issue, but trade accessibility or the existence of trade at all was not remotely the issue with D3. If all the above issues hadn’t been a problem, trading for more interesting items and a better crafting system to play into trade would have worked out great (though I would have gone with a trade-center with buy/sell orders and not an auction system).

Reaper of Souls really only fixed the first issue and improved the third. All the rest of the main issues of D3 are still major issues to this day, which is why D3 never has or will live up to its potential. The number of people playing every season now is irrelevant. It would be dramatically higher if the game was better because the franchise itself has many many times more fans than are currently playing D3. Putting massive damage multipliers on items does not make for interesting items either, even if they barely met the pathetically low bar of making the items at least more interesting than D3 vanilla items.

But anyway… there’s a 0% chance D2:R launches with a charm inventory or personal loot, it’s really just a question of if they decide to offer changes later down the road in some way.

5 Likes

Yeah, and D2R is not meant to be good by “today’s standards”.

Who are you to decide what they want and what they need to do? They have d4 for this purpose you mentioned.

D2R clearly made just to return reputation among old hardcore fans, this is a cheap and easy-made product (comparing it to D4) that is not even meant to target a young new audience or D3 fans. This is OBVIOUS. Who will ever do old product remaster better and cooler (cooler for new players, I prefer d2) than a new product that meant to be a game as a service?

1 Like

This is how Diablo 2 resurrected fails.

They explicitly said during BlizzCon, that D2:R is made for a larger target audience.

For the “no changes or I refund” fraction they are keeping the old D2 servers up and running.

2 Likes