“Improved Communication” isn’t what is happening - Zero Clarity on Patch Changes

“What we have here is a failure to communicate” is sort of an understatement. Time and time again, year after year, some execs who think they are smarter beyond comprehension are willing to hire people to put a politician-like positive twist with zero substance on some crappy news for gamers against their wishes and are under the impression that it is working great… They could hire additional people, even outsource… NOPE! Lets just do a PR damage control and spend some good money on that! Is Blizzard dead as we knew it?! Activision was jealous and actively destroying it? Any chance of becoming reasonable ever again? Actizzard?! Blizzvision?!

1 Like

At this point, if nothing else we have proven that 1 week, no change PTRs are objectively insufficient. There are major changes in this patch that had no time to be checked properly. Now there are more post PTR changes that we just have to live with for the next 90 days, unless they plan on having a week of live/PTR and pushing S19 out another week. This is poor quality control, bar none.

1 Like

You realize if no one ever complained, we would still have:
RMAH
legendaries that are rares with names
no pvp, o wait we still don’t have that
no adventure mode
having 30 tiers of gems
having to level up each gem one at a time
having to identify rares one at a time
having to identify legendaries one at a time
trials
having to run bounties so you could run a rift so you could get a key to run trials to finally run a GR.
and so on and so forth.

If it wasn’t for us “complaining”, bugs, bad development choices, broken mechanics would have never been fixed and you would not be playing the game that you love right now.

8 Likes

omg DUDE +1000 UP votes for Awesomeness

10 Likes

BS.

Wizard and Necro have been the GODS OF DIABLO for years and Blizzard has done jack squat about it.

WW barb has been in the toilet for years and Blizzard has done jack squat about it.

And the first time WW barb is FINALLY about to be a viable DPS in the meta, you nerf it into the ground. You don’t even let it have a season to test it THERE. You nerf it in advance.

OH GOD FORBID WW BARB MIGHT BE GOOD. You let Wizards and Necros be broken overpowered for years and didn’t give a crap.

Stop lying about communication. There is none.

ALSO: WHEN the heck is grouping going to be fixed? My god this is core basic functionality and just inviting people to groups is broken as heck!

ALSO: When are you planning to announce the S19 start date? RIDICULOUS and unprofessional.

19 Likes

This is such a garbage excuse.

You could have a 105 degree fever and be vomiting every 10 minutes and still be able to pull out your phone and post:

_

• S19 begins November 15th.

_

I am so sick of the bullcrap excuses.

Stop blaming Diablo 4. This is a BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE and you are expecting us to swallow excuses like you’re some tiny indie studio with 6 people bravely showing up at the office every day to hit the grind.

Activision made RECORD PROFITS in 2018.

If you want Diablo 3 to make more money then SELL STUFF!!!

My god. D3 players have been BEGGING for crap to buy for years.

• stash tabs
  • pets
  • cosmetics

Don’t blame lack of money. You’re doing NOTHING to address the problem.

Stop pissing on us and claim its raining.

UGH.

Such terrible, terrible, dishonest excuses. No wonder the President spewed a pile of lies in his fake-non apology.

The entire culture of Blizzard is apparently LIES AND DISHONESTY.

21 Likes

omg that is so hilarious. Good one I love it.

1 Like

Yeah I found that part of the post highly bizzare and unproffesional.

“Well sorry for being too sick to communicate with you properly and do a good job at my role, jeez sue me!”

That’s what that sentence reads as, and it’s pretty immature / insulting for the playerbase.

I was skeptical about Diablo 4 after seeing that gameplay trailer but with this attitude that just confirms that game will be a mess too.

You can have the best art and programming in the world but if you run a product with lies and distortion the content itself will never be good enough.

No one’s upset that you’re sick. People get sick, it happens. The reason people are upset is because of a pattern of non existent communication and dishonesty surrounding the game that has gone on for years.

8 Likes

We promise you, we will fix it :slight_smile:

15 Likes

@GreenGrubber, yours is the post we’ve all been wanting to pen but been too afraid (to tell the truth).

“I love Barbarians. I have so many Barbarian friends. Barbarians are the best.”

2 Likes

@Nevalistis with all due respect, but those are your future, main D4 customers you’re talking to, and you want to lie ? If this is the type of communication you all plan for D4 you can stop now… We still have no S19 starting date… not to mention that there is ZERO information in Battlenet app (Blizzard app ? - launcher) that S18 has ended. Is this improved communication to you ?

Doesn’t matter if this nerf was small or big… barb community deserve even OP character for at least 1 season. Wizard and Necro have those for like 6 seasons now.

This situation is exactly the same as with Mortick’s Bracers… so you want us to wait another 4 years for this buff to come online ?

It’s sad that you were sick and nobody blame you for this. I hope you get better soon. But it is insulting when you say that a billion dollar company can’t communicate with us because 1 employee is sick.

8 Likes

I’ve loved the Barb class fantasy (and especially the hack/slash play-style) since D3 was released. But the competitiveness/end results of the hack/slash play-style have been below D3-average for years. The only remotely competitive Barb build has been Raekor HOTA, and that is still not a top-10 build, and playing it feels horrid (which is expected when that build combination wasn’t really the intention of the developers). And being the support guy in a group meta is completely unrewarding (not to mention it has zero solo viability).

Now, you (you = “the whole Diablo 3 team”) have dangled a strong solo Barb build, only to secretly murder it, and then dangle that it may or may not come back in an undisclosed amount of time. This is akin to saying “You’ll still be uncompetitive, but maybe you’ll like this play-style a little more?” or “You’re still coming in second-to-last place, but gosh darn it, you’re doing it with style now.”

I planned to play the new WW-Rend build, and play the heck out of it during the US holiday season. But now, I’m skipping Season 19, and honestly might not come back to D3 ever. (I’ve played DH for too long and am sick of it, I don’t like Wiz or Necro, so there’s nothing for me here without a Barb build I can enjoy.)

And here’s the one thing I know Blizzard will actually care about: I will NOT purchase Diablo 4, or any other Blizzard product ever again, unless they can make this right.
I’m done allowing your organization to get my hopes up, only to crush my hopes with terrifyingly bad execution of what really are good ideas and high-level designs.

(And to understand constructive ideas on how to “make it right”, see notes in this post by Ulmaguest, Racter and MissCheetah. (Or put the 200% back on Lamentation, allowing the Barb build that was marketed to actually be played. But alas, per your comment above, that seems impossible.))

4 Likes

I posted pretty much the same rant about stash tabs a while back. Complete waste of time. Burned up any good will I had with Nevalistis, not that there could have been much. You’re yelling at the hostess about how slow the cooks are. She can’t fix it. At some point she’s just going to ban you and move on.

4 Likes

Lol exactly. The people who are still left in D3 (us) are the hardcore audience that talks other people into buying Diablo games, and the type of people more likely to buy a Diablo game without reading reviews.

Literally talking to Diablo 4 customers right now, and making a really good case for never buying another Blizz game (this is the last Blizz franchise I still read about btw). So it looks like D3 was my last Blizzard game.

PS: Overwatch 2 looks like an expansion, not a new game. And Diablo 4 looks like a D3 expansion. Why would I want to buy it? So I can suffer 5 more years of horrible balance changes and the company lying to me?

10 Likes

Same here. I think PoE will slaps Blizzard when 4.0 go live.

5 Likes

I’m totally with you all on this. I’ve been with this since D1.

But I’ve just gotta ask, would we be happier if total opacity was the reality AND the expectation, in which case, there’d be diminished cause for disappointment or frustration?

1 Like

I legit went from being so excited to Season 19 to having no desire to touch to be quite honest and Path of Exile is doing a 4.0.0 announcement, PoE could easily steal the fire from Diablo III even with Diablo IV hype.

5 Likes

This. I don’t main barb, but I have one on console and it’s been in a pretty sad state. My brother pushes with his, but he just quit
D3 as barb never gets love. He normally plays while he’s underway for 2 months or so.

I don’t get how all of this other stuff has been broken for months. Pretty inexcusable. I’m glad I pretty much gave up hope on D3 years ago and just play casually. Hopefully they get their stuff together for D4 or I’ll just go with PoE 4.0.

3 Likes

This company really has become the amateur hour of the industry anymore. It’s shocking really for a company this large with so many resources (financially and personnel) stumble on the simplest of things. How aren’t these seasons done faster with the limited content and effort put into them? How are patch notes and start dates so secretive?

Blizzard just isn’t a AAA dev anymore. D4 will likely be just another ARPG in the end, with a full price for the game, and tons of MTX, and maybe back to paid expansions… It’s taking too long to come out, I mean the game in it’s current state has been in the works for over 3.5yrs now. It’ll be dated as soon as it launches. It’s embarrassing really.

The communication isn’t there like they always say there will be. The only communication you can expect timely from Blizzard Entertainment and J Allen Brack is communications to the investors. Investors > Themselves > Consumers is the priority.

1 Like