“Improved Communication” isn’t what is happening - Zero Clarity on Patch Changes

It looks like a cm’s job is to apologize for others…
Wrong way…
Better answer for themself…
Why is d3 totally unbalanced after ~7,5 years?

9 Likes

Sounds like a bunch of corporate mumbo jumbo that we’ve been hearing for almost a decade. YET NOTHING CHANGES. I bet someone could find this exact post in the old forums.

Blizz sounds like an ex significant other. Oh I can change. I can do better. I hear you loud and clear. I want to be better for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
You accept them back and they go back to exactly what they were doing before and you realize, their words have zero weight.

This is you blizz. Hypocritical children. You say one thing, do the opposite, then give a speech how you can do better. Pathetic. I’m ashamed to have even played your games.

13 Likes

No, I understand but it still comes off as angry regardless of your intent. Context matters of course - only you get to decide what you mean and how you meant it.

That’s all. c:

I think if they reach 2000 posts on a single message thread it crashes the server. It the same reason we can’t have more stash tabs. Hence locking Free’s message thread.

No, that is not what happens. It happens when a thread has a bunch of flags (reports). The system locks it until the mods review it. That is why it says locked by “system”. If the server crashed we would not be posting on the forums at all.

2 Likes

I 10000000% agree with the OP, we have been trying to say this for way way to long now. It was not so prevalent back in the day until just around the time it became BlizardVision. Yeah sure the communication is nowhere near EA bad, but it is an extreme far cry from let’s say Digital Extremes communication.

Now there might be the excuse of “Well they have only one game and we have several.” But come on, you have individual teams dedicated to only one game. So yeah the communication you give your fans, you know the ones that buy your games and keep your company running needs to be a hell of alot better then “yeah we could do better” and be more like “we need to and will do better.”

Just Saying™

All I can see is…

48 Likes

Yes MissCheetah is right.

At any rate, guys look, this problem is bigger than just Barbs and Rend.

Barbs / Rend WW are just the latest victim of this poor communication and extreme disconect between player and developer.

If the PTR and Patch cycle worked more efficiently, we wouldn’t be in this situation where they buff then over-nerf or nerf then over-buff.

They aren’t iterating on these patches and enacting changes in secret with zero visibility, and worse of all conflating this stuff with Seasonal Themes which provide artificial levels of power to all builds.

You can’t balance any build around Season 19’s power.

Similarly, Crusaders and Monks are also completely in the dark about why or how their sets will end up.

Most Wizards don’t know if their StarPact characters are useless now, or severely nerfed.

All classes don’t know if they’re being balanced around a Season theme only to not be looked at again in the future when the theme ends.

This isn’t working and I am not interested at all in Diablo 4 now. Yes the cinematic is nice, but ARPG’s aren’t built on cinematics.

7 Likes

You are right, its never too late too late to give feedback.

What is too late is your teams response or lack of to the feedback. Even though your statement is nice and dolled up means nothing. We dont want your words anymore, we want actions.

12 Likes

Unless the Seasonal Buff was tweaked considerably, I expect to see everyone clearing 150 in Seasons, regardless of build.

That seasonal buff was so over the top.

2 Likes

We understand that you are busy, but hey, that’s the job.

Is it really that difficult and time consuming to give the season start date? I find it very unbelievable that you still don’t know when it will be. If that’s the case you all have far bigger problems than communication.

No one is so busy and in the communication business that they can’t do their job and communicate. These excuses have gone way beyond comical.

9 Likes

I hear you, and that is a lot for one person. I don’t blame nev as much, however blizzard can hire one extra person and split the load. It all falls on blizzard’s shoulder, they are a multibillion dollar company, working on a new diablo game that up until yesterday’s announcement of not bringing back the rend changes, I had complete faith in and was willing to buy. Now, I think the diablo franchise might be over for me. Call it over-reactive, but when a company that can be replaced over and over again does not meet their promises, it gets old. Not after 1,2, or 3, but after 7 years of blizzard being incoherent with their community. We are giving blizzard the cake, the way to make money, the way to please the community, the way to get good PR, the way to get people hyped up for d4, the way to show the community that blizzard does care, the way to show blizzard proving their promises, the way to start a new path. With.One.Change. AND THEY SAID NO. I’m sorry but i’m so fed up with this, I can’t iterate how excited I was for this season, favorite class getting a well, well, well deserved buff in order to be able to be EQUAL IF NOT A FEW GRS LOWER THAN THE TOP TIER CLASSES AND STILL THEY SAY NOPE, CAN’T DO IT. I mean it’s truly infuriating. People play this game for 4-8 hours + a day. The streamers for this game keep it alive, truly, people like bluddshed, Anthony, darkpotato, quinn (used to but he too got fed up), and many more. (sorry if I misspelled some names), but blizzard Is just destroying all trust and connection between it’s users. Hire a new CM, you have the money. If you can’t spare the extra $150,000, well goodluck and have fun losing MILLIONS FROM FED UP BLIZZARD GAMERS. No more messages need to be sent, hit them where it hurts. This is not unwarranted, they have terrible timing. It’s so easy. Increase the ptr to 9 days, offer WEEKLY FEEDBACK, AT LEAST 1-2X A WEEK. IT TAKES 2 HOURS TO VIEW A FEW POPULAR POSTS AND ADDRESS CONCERNS!!! THIS IS A MULTIBILLION DOLLAR COMPANY, THIS IS NO SMALL TIME EVENT! Yet, they still ignore the community who; as mentioned before, tell them how they can make a great cake which we will eat up and be lifetime buyers of with just a few changes blizzard, throw a few sprinkles, you’ve already baked and constructed the whole thing. Add a few lines of frosting, and a couple sprinkles, bang. But nope, they want to just leave us with a half cake and expect to pay full price. So insane, goodbye blizzard. I’ll be enjoying diablo 3 with the money I paid, I won’t be hyping up the game to my friends anymore. I won’t be creating facebook posts. I won’t be interacting with fellow diablo gamers and discord servers giving feedback, and I won’t be promoting diablo 4 to any of my friends. You deserve this. Not saying it’s nev’s direct fault by any means, but it is blizzard’s fault. Hire another CM, get a goddam social media director or two who go through the dead diablo forums (Compared to others) for a few hours each day and write a daily report. Hell i’ll do it, i’ll write summaries of posts and then blizzard can have a weekly post at the cost of a $45,000 salary employee. It really isn’t hard. They just want to pinch every penny possible and they’ll get bit for it. One change blizzard, one damn change. And you can’t even do it. HA

3 Likes

we love feed back they say ,hehehehehehe “Recycle Bin”

1 Like

Why do people think D4 will take years to come out? It’s coming out for PS4 and Xbox1. PS5 and Scarlett come out at the end of next year…would be dumb to release D4 after those systems come out.

Man, I just laugh a lot at your creativity LOL

2 Likes

You are Golden, Brother!!

1 Like

Improved Communication hymn:

2 Likes

Once again, nice work!

And all too accurate :frowning:

5 Likes

With the way their products are performing now, “Soon” to me just means how hard can we work to not make content and stretch it out longer periods of time. BFA being a great example.

As I’ve said before, frustration is justified.

If Blizzard would refrain from making a pretense of being open to community input/feedback, barbarians might not be in this situation of feeling betrayed, repeatedly.

The messaging from Blizzard seems to be that of amused condescension, disregard or just plain contempt.

1 Like