“Improved Communication” isn’t what is happening - Zero Clarity on Patch Changes

Same here. I think PoE will slaps Blizzard when 4.0 go live.

5 Likes

I’m totally with you all on this. I’ve been with this since D1.

But I’ve just gotta ask, would we be happier if total opacity was the reality AND the expectation, in which case, there’d be diminished cause for disappointment or frustration?

1 Like

I legit went from being so excited to Season 19 to having no desire to touch to be quite honest and Path of Exile is doing a 4.0.0 announcement, PoE could easily steal the fire from Diablo III even with Diablo IV hype.

5 Likes

This. I don’t main barb, but I have one on console and it’s been in a pretty sad state. My brother pushes with his, but he just quit
D3 as barb never gets love. He normally plays while he’s underway for 2 months or so.

I don’t get how all of this other stuff has been broken for months. Pretty inexcusable. I’m glad I pretty much gave up hope on D3 years ago and just play casually. Hopefully they get their stuff together for D4 or I’ll just go with PoE 4.0.

3 Likes

This company really has become the amateur hour of the industry anymore. It’s shocking really for a company this large with so many resources (financially and personnel) stumble on the simplest of things. How aren’t these seasons done faster with the limited content and effort put into them? How are patch notes and start dates so secretive?

Blizzard just isn’t a AAA dev anymore. D4 will likely be just another ARPG in the end, with a full price for the game, and tons of MTX, and maybe back to paid expansions… It’s taking too long to come out, I mean the game in it’s current state has been in the works for over 3.5yrs now. It’ll be dated as soon as it launches. It’s embarrassing really.

The communication isn’t there like they always say there will be. The only communication you can expect timely from Blizzard Entertainment and J Allen Brack is communications to the investors. Investors > Themselves > Consumers is the priority.

1 Like

Let’s do a “TL;DR” version to sum up everything, to make things easier on whomever wants to get the jist of this thread.

FIX YOUR DAMN LIVE GAMES BEFORE ADVERTISING NEW PROJECTS!!

That right there is the problem. It covers all the utter BS that Diablo players (and from what I’ve heard, spme other game players as well) have been providing feedback on (that tends to get largely ignored) for years.

Once the live games are fixed, then focus on D4 and D:I

And have others have said, while it’s not your fault that you got sick, that line right there unfortunately shows that Blizzard doesn’t care at all about the player base at this moment in time.

7 Likes

respect and patience is earned , it is not given by default, what has been done and communicated sofar to earn our respect … ? Give the barbs their time to shine, hell its about time.

And communicate the start date and time of the new season already, we all know the higher ups have already decided it to be during the exact same time of path of exile con which i will be watching with a lot of anticipation …

1 Like

Y’all don’t listen at all. Answer me this, how much of the D3 team is working on Diablo 4?

Continuing to create meaningful content for D3 is a HUGE opportunity for Blizzard to maintain brand loyalty and boost future sales. In this nerd’s humble opinion, this patch cycle is quite literally a master class in how to fail at marketing.

Imagine going to your favorite clothing store when they announce a sale. You head inside. There is one salesperson for the entire place - she’s doing as much as she can, but is severely outnumbered.

It’s not her fault the bathrooms haven’t been cleaned in weeks, or that the changing rooms are all locked so nobody can try anything on. Price tags are mislabeled, and the place is a mess. There’s a line of angry, once-loyal customers waiting to return their clothes that don’t fit.

You turn around to leave, and the sign on the door reads “We’d love to hear from you! Please tell us about your experience”.

Either close the store that you stopped caring about a long time ago (after all, its only costing you money to keep the lights on), or fix it.

7 Likes

This thread has so much that can be touched on.

Regardless of that though one thing should probably be pointed out. Sorry you got sick Nev and hope “sick” didnt refer to a serious medical condition you may have. Some of the harsher critics here assume( unless you tweeted killer flu bro) its the flu or cold which is understandable but man the way SOME are handling it is rather appaling. You really have no idea who the person behind the name is or what they might be going through. Keep it in mind before you go off the deep end in the future please?

It would be fair to assemble a list of long standing issues the community has, excluding S19, and tackle those.

Party issues. I have noticed this myself as a returning player.
Pulling the Mordicks item without saying anything. I guess its true you dont HAVE to say anything right? Its your game and we all just “borrow it”
Balance issues. If you dont think its an issue, is it unreasonable to provide info to the community so they better understand it? Ive never thought so personally.
S19…yes its fair to explain the handling of this season.
Communication. I know for some of you its a dead, mutilated horse that had corpse explosion used on it too many times after the mutilation, but the request for it in this thread among many others really is fair. And not just the generic communications but real conversation’s. The scripted stuff is what it is but sometimes its nice to just see real communication. This particular response says a lot without it meaning too much and leaving others wondering what was meant. Leaves the door open for interpretation. Good and bad. I think Blizzard really and truly does listen to the players as someone above me mentioned you wouldnt have the game you do if people werent listening. For better or worse, you decide, players wouldnt have retail WoW if Blizzard didnt listen. The issue doesnt ever seem to be blizzard not listening really, but their ability to communicate things. Im sure in a fair number of cases Blizzard simply doesnt agree but either way a little can go a long way as has already been pointed out via the horses corpse…

I am one of those players who isnt just a long time(D1) fan, but a fan of your other games/universes. As trivial as it might sound, it isnt unreasonable to think that a player might get turned off by some of what going on here and have those experiences influence decisions regarding blizzard “products” unfavorably.

Im also glad to see that I wasnt the only one who thought D4 looked a bit too similar to D3 in some spots.

4 Likes

Bingo.

And there is no degree of sick that prevents someone from posting:

November 15!

or

November 22!

That is just some lame attempt at trying to shame/guilt people into being legitimately mad about the garbage communication here.

2 Likes

Yes. The answer was yes.

3 Likes

Exactly.

The way they think linking to D4 crap is any kind of excuse for their failures with D3 is ridiculous.

Yeah, we know you are working on your next BILLION dollar profit game, D4. That’s great for you. But that giant money pile doesn’t justify falling down on basics for D3.

1 Like

Cant agree more with this.

3 Likes

So there you have it. BUT…

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl: Way to many Buts in this game! :roll_eyes:

It’s like this in every Blizzard game. You should spend some time reading the WoW forums before and after any expansion or major patch. It’s the same thing. They make weird changes that make no sense, thousands of people complain, then they promise better communication next time.

Promising better communication and not delivering is the Blizzard motto.

6 Likes

After last year, I should know better than believe Blizzard when they say they are going to improve communication. It didn’t mean anything last year, it doesn’t mean anything this year. At least now we know, that when they don’t communicate about Diablo 3, they will just claim that they have better things to do like Diablo 4 and Diablo Immortal.

3 Likes

all this d4 threads in the d3 forum also is silly, u could see this from a mile away coming, open up a d4 general forum already ffs!

3 Likes

2.6.7 “Balance”

How “OP” (sarcasm) Barb are in 2.6.7 and were in all previous Seasons…

Check it out…

1 Like