Im mostly a purist but why are some people against

Its forums, its all I can react to ignorant comments. I rather bash him with zeal and steal his gold and put his ear in my chest but not a option sadly. I can only deal with so much.

Would it be any different if someone said that you have a low IQ for thinking they’re going to have content patches moving forward?

The truth is we do not know what their plans for the future are, however we do know the community is very divided on this.

The only viable option in my eyes is to offer a true expansion with balance changes, otherwise it will rile up far too many players, and rightfully so.

They’ve been promised a remaster, not a remake.

1 Like

@tuzWell thats a much more reasonable opinion feel free to disagree with me even if I think its weird not to want more optional content if its not a strawman or a false statement then I wont be hostile. To each their own.
@geezer
99% sure there will be patch updates the significance will varry. You dont need to agree what will be in them but if you say “your wrong” on patch updates then I dont know the polite response is to that. There will be balance changes and most likely at least a little content added I hope you can handle it I dont want your diablo 2 experience ruined seems like it can happen easily for you I dont envy that mindset.

Where do you get these scuffed numbers from?

There won´t be any changes. Atleast for now. And if the community wants some, it might happen. Right now it doesnt seem that a majority wants changes, and if then just optional ones.

You should rather look out for upcoming mods. There will be several ones, like there are in D2 now, with different kind of changes to appeal to everyone.

I honestly don’t know why you would think for sure they will make balance patches when they’ve left tons of over-and under- powered builds untouched for 20 years.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is never another runeword in d2r.

If there is, don’t be surprised, there will be many people unhappy about it.

These same people won’t be nearly as unhappy if these same changes are made with an expansion pack.

Some of diablo2’s allure is those underpowered builds, and the lack of balance.

The 99 percent it my estimation. I would bet cash money on it. A lot of it. The game may start at 1.14 but it will be touched no doubt. You think they update lod for 2 decades and then stop at this release? Why would you even argue this? I cant prove it wrong it requires time so no point in it. Majority dont want core changes including me yes, but the forums represent some hard liners who go too far they def dont represent the d2 player base, just having the level I mentioned played by a lot of people like people are fearing is proof enough. If people felt this level would not be used why would they argue against it? :smile:
The only arpg I ever liked was lod. I didnt care for mods. 1.09 to be exact. I just happen to think more monster skins and animations and viable xp place is refreshing after clearing act 5 5,000 times is all.

And others would think giving out enigmas for 100g at the vendor would be fine. And others would want to patch out/nerf your beloved Zerk skill. Where do you draw the line?

Best common ground is to just keep it the way it is right now with 1.14d

Nobody would think that except someone with brain damage. And I mean that literally, that or a kid. Even saying it as a example is questionable. One is a rational normal request, one is well… I wont get into it.
Draw the line at common sense kinda like other patch updates. The slippery slope is not THAT slippery. Mine doesnt even change gameplay other then then a mob you may choose to run. I mean I could go into 30 paragraphs how the example is different but its boring for both of us. Honestly idc if they do its better then a bad update, just different views. The purist mindset is highest level ive ever seen on any game ever. I think if they changed the starting barbarian axe with a random +1 afix some peoples heads will literally explode

Diablo 2: Resurrected ::
Diablo 2 Classic - Relive the original classic game, in it’s most current patch.
LoD: Classic - Relive the classic expansion from it’s most current patch, with QoL Improvements
LoD: Resurrected - Enjoy the most updated version of a classic, with new content and QoL not found in the classic modes.

There, problem solved. We all just spent 40 bucks. No need to have another expansion when a forked patch will do the same.

With that said, I’m fine for whatever in new content that they are willing to give us. Just going to have to be saved for after launch, so everyone is funneled into the same nostalgic kick, for better or for worse.

1 Like

Just trying to show you that its not that easy.

Lets say we have 2 communites. One wants changes, one doesnt.

Its easy to cater to the second one - just dont change anything (and also save time/money)

Cater to the “changes” crowd is more difficult, since pretty much everyone has their own view of which changes he want, which changes are good and which are bad. There are also people who want changes to make the game more hardcore. Its just not possible to make this crowd happy.
And you would make the whole “no changes” crowd unhappy too.

People with “brain damage” or “kids” have the right to play the game aswell btw - no need for these weird insults there all the time.

Your giving a crazy dumb example Im not insulting you but the idea of the best rune word in the game being sold for gold and all that junk I mean its hard not to make fun of that idea. Just make the slipperly slope argument more reasonable and ill give a different rebuttle. I just have one question. Do you HONESTLY think if d2 never had cow level at the start and added it in, say 2 years later that would of been a bad idea to do? Just a yes or no with a short explantion please

The fact they called it Resurrected and not Classic tells me it isn’t going to be nearly as pure as people are expecting it to be. This isn’t like WoW Classic.

It will still be like, 95% classic D2. But they’re gonna make changes where they want to, and it’ll be more significant than with WoW Classic.

I’m okay with the game launching as it currently is. 1.14. However, I’m also okay with an expansion, or even micro transactions opening up new areas in the future. Not right away. Want to be able to run maps at mlvl85 with a mlvl99 boss at the end similar to baal runs? Pay 9.99 and here you go. I’m down.

The gameplay, the characters, the builds, the music, the drop rate of items. That’s what d2 is, it’s not “running baal runs over and over is what we’ve always done, so that’s what is fun.” is not what the game is about. Yes I’ve legit hit 99, (chaos fastest way to 99 solo without a team permitting there is no games per hour cap) so it’s not like I haven’t done the grind and don’t know what it is like to experience end game.

I’ve played d2 for 20 years, was literally there on launch day. I would love new content for my characters to play in. Keep them the same mlvl as current so the grind to 99 is still long. Fine. I’m not asking for special treatment or a “give me more loot!” button. I want more places to enjoy my characters playing that aren’t the same ones I’ve been doing for 20 years.

As I said, launch SHOULD be the same as current. But if you don’t want updates in 6months, 1year, 2 years, 5 years, and want to keep playing the same game. I don’t know what to say.

1 Like

You’re talking to hardcore dedicated people who have been playing the same boring game for the last 20 years and still call it the best game ever made. They don’t care and won’t listen to reason, and when their game dies because it can’t retain casual players, they’ll blame D3 or something.

1 Like

There’s much more content to explore now with the graphics update, so I don’t see why the game needs additional zones with the immediate release of the game. It has nothing to do with any isms.

No there isn’t. The new graphics don’t change the kind of content you’re supposed to do on repeat in order to level and gear up. You’re still going to do 100+ Baal runs. It’ll just look prettier.

2 Likes

It’s not about listening to “reason”.
It’s about playing an upgraded version of the same game. That’s what a remaster is.

If you want constant updates, there are dozens of Arpg games To suit your needs.

1 Like

Sorry but that’s not what the Devs said.

They’re trying to bring this game to a wider audience. Not exclusively cater to people who want to play the exact same game but prettier. So the people who are out of place right now are actually the people demanding no changes, not the people pushing for changes that make the game more accessible.

1 Like

Their stated goal was to make the game as close to the original as possible, while adding bare minimum of QoL improvements.

Doesn’t sound like “new areas” are in the plan anytime soon, and thank goodness.

2 Likes

What part of the developers interviews have given you this information lol? They have said on repeat they want it to be the same classic gameplay experience everyone remembers its literally written on the page where you purchase the game and or opt in to alpha for you to read lol.

They have explicitly stated they want to bring it to a wider audience with remastered graphics, new platforms, and some basic QOL changes that don’t impact the classic gameplay. Accessibility features are the basic QOL stuff like auto gold pickup and shared stash past that they have reiterated quite a few times they aren’t interested in changing it up past that.

3 Likes