Im mostly a purist but why are some people against

Im mostly a purist but why are some people against a rift or a new mob to farm through a portal maybe similar to the cow level? Baal runs are the only viable place for xp, I think a super cow level or a new cool level perhaps reachable through a portal would be a nice addition and if you dont like it then you dont go there. Whats the argument against it? Would be nice to have a challenging mob to farm thats not chaos or a baal run only.

2 Likes

Im not against it, I would love an Act 6 or another level like the cow level that is relevant.

4 Likes

So there is a fine line that goes against a remaster. Some games do x2 or x4 speed, bug fixes, QoL, but rarely do they add to a game that they are remastering.

They literally added major game changing items and quest rewards via PATCHES that effect the game a 99 percent more then a different mob to farm in a whole new remastered version would. But ill give you points for trying to give a reason. If people dont like the new mob they wont play it. Arguments against it are horrible and make purist look unintelligent and unreasonable :woozy_face:.

1 Like

The difference here is that this is a remaster.

I’m all for a second expansion after d2lod, but it needs to be optional for those that want to keep the game mostly as is.

1 Like

Bring back uber trist leveling lol that was fun… !!

2 Likes

Already addressed. Patches already change more then this does. You want each patch to be option for online? lol. This isnt even a forced level its a run level you choose to play. :thinking:

Absolutely 100% false. There at least 8 high density, easily accessible areas that provide plenty of experience to clvl 97 and 3 bosses that can be used to level from 97 to 99.

3 Likes

If you go by numbers and not feelings, nothing comes close to the xp from baal runs. Not even close. Except for the obvious trist, tomb runs at the start and maybe cow runs depending on the patch.

There hasn’t been a major patch in around a decade.

I’m a classic player, if they didn’t include classic in d2r, I might not even buy the game.

Can you not understand how many people feel the same about the LoD they know and love?

Adding large content should only happen if it’s optional, like an expansion.

2 Likes

Actually, when I was leveling In the nineties, chaos Baal or nih chaos Baal depending on your teamwork, was far better than baalruns alone.

Then stop going by your feelings and learn the real numbers. From the RoF WP Diablo can be killed in 20 - 30 seconds, same with Nihl. Learn to do these runs and Baal runs become obsolete as a waste of time, or adding Baal enhances the run.

Blizzard is not going to add more areas with Throne like waves of mlvl 88s.

1 Like
  1. If your a classic player then bud out of a xp update request?
  2. Just cause they didnt do “x” for a decade because the games old doesnt mean they should never have a major patch ever again.
  3. I love lod I wouldnt change anything, I would just add some extra content because i’m not a nutcase. (with all due respect)
  4. You need to prove your claim. “Should only happen” Present evidence of what this new mob and level changes for you, that you choose not to use. I never said make it give tripple the xp of baal runs. No advantage or disadvantage or silly people choosing not to play it.
  5. I didnt mean only end game in the 90’s. Baal runs are 85% more effective for most levels in the game this one is just a fact.

This again is 100% false.

2 Likes

If I show you a video of gaining 2 levels in 3 mins or 1 level in 3 mins, and made a chart factually showing the xp differences from a baal run you would still deny it. Your clinging onto the notion the spread after like 60-70 level dies down thus everything is equal.

At level 61+, Baal runs are the single most efficient way to gain EXP; ie, the most EXP in the shortest amount of time.

FURTHERMORE:

The single most efficient wy to gain EXP throughout the game at specific levels are:

Level 1 - 15: Repeatedly clear Tristram. (normal difficulty)
Level 15 - 24: Clear Tal Rasha’s Tombs in the Canyon of the Magi. (normal difficulty)
Level 24: Complete Rite of Passage. (normal difficulty)
Level 25 - 40: Repeatedly clear the Chaos Sanctuary and Baal. (normal difficulty)
Level 40: Complete Rite of Passage (nightmare difficulty).
Level 41-60: Repeatedly clear the Chaos Sanctuary and Baal (nightmare difficulty).
Level 60: Complete Rite of Passage (hell difficulty).

This has been the case for many years BTW, with few adjustments for patch tweaks.

2 Likes

I play xpac too. My point was that if they added content to classic, it ruins the nostalgia factor that remastered games promise.

The same can be said for the current state of d2LoD, they already stated in their advertising that they were keeping the gameplay intact. Adding a new area is a major change, one that I would love to see, in an actual expansion.

Have you guys actually leveled to 99 or close yourself? Because we have experience in actually doing it, and we wouldn’t have run diablo nih and Baal if it weren’t more efficient. We weren’t about to do needless runs just for fun.

I’m not clinging to anything, I’m saying that Killing Diablo and Nihl together with an exp shrine in less than a minute is far superior to doing Baal in the end game. Sitting at the back of the thrown room leeching experience at level 60 isn’t playing the game. Lets keep it real.

Can you please just point to me how the nostalgia is ruined when you choose not to go to this location. Im on these forums shooting game changing ideas all the time. However I do think new mobs maybe more of a challenge are merited. Not having content updates that dont change gore gameplay is silly. I get your concerns I just dont think it applies. I would be a little surprised if they dont at least add their own hidden level thats in tradition even if its a remaster.