Im mostly a purist but why are some people against

The last big patch was 1.11 released in 2005, 15 years ago. They aren’t going to make major changes. But I’m hopeful they CONTINUE to make minor QoL changes like cow level.

What a ridiculous argument…

When we go like this we could also add vendors in every townhub who are selling enigmas for 100g. And give Deckard Cain a dialog option to make you instant lvl 99

Because hey - if you dont like it, then just don´t use it!

Just keep D2 the masterpiece it is - there is D3 out and Immortal and D4 coming out in the future which will provide you with new content.

People that do this are not playing the game. They are getting rushed. Playing through the game and rushing are two very different things, and Blizzard is not going to add content for increasing exp gain during a rush.

The issue here is your just selectively reading try re-reading what I said and his point. Most of the game baal runs are the highest xp by far. The narrow part at the end when it evens out is irrelevant. Its been 2 years but rough estimates are 25-50, 50-63, 63-85 are all baal runs. Thats at least 60 levels that baal takes up. End game the spread opens up but still its just the short active 4 and act 5 and its limited.

Your argument was the dumbest one I have ever heard on these forums and a probably the worse strawman I ever seen. My idea is logical, your idea is a goofy idea that your trying to conflate with mine. Btw those ideas WOULD effect your gameplay jesus :smile:
I dont like d3 stop making stupid statements already.

Nostalgia-

You don’t see how adding entire areas to the game would be a factor in people’s nostalgic feelings?

I’m all for content changes, they should be optional in a new expansion if anything.

Otherwise they’re selling us ground beef telling us it’s steak.

Baal runs and being rushed are two different things. One is a rush to the end. The other is doing a party run with similar levels to gain the most xp possible. You can choose to slowly grind it yourself by doing inferior levels with less xp, thats just illogical specially if you already cleared the game.

Gamers will play the game however they feel like playing it, so long as the game provides them faster ways to do something.

Baal runs are pretty much locked in as the mainstream Diablo 2 end game.

I agree, it’s pathetic. You miss 84% of of the game power-leveling like that. But a lot of gamers generally don’t care. They click through quest text, esc out of cinematics and generally don’t even socialize in these smash-and-grab OARPGs. It’s all addiction-based.

Diablo 2 was a great game in its entirety, but it also created a whole generation of cookie-cutter, leechy, players who care more about loot than the journey.

1 Like

No. New mob would not effect my nostalgia just like new updated monster skins wont hurt it lol. Maybe if it was a new act that you had to play to beat the game. But being against more monsters to play against is goofy imo. A expansion is just a paywall for a simple small update not needed. Many old games get new levels added to them this isnt some revoltionary update thats being asked.

Honestly then, if what you’re asking for is an area, outside the regular game, where your character can go and fight Uber-monsters, get no loot, no experience, etc.

Then I’m all for it, same as I’m fine with a new pvp area if players want it.

Outside of the regular, iconic game space, that is.

The argument you use with clvl 60 characters leveling super fast at the Throne are characters that were rushed. Any group of characters that get to the Throne around clvl 60, are always at the start of the ladder season, what follows for the rest of the ladder season are rushed characters generally geared to the 9s with items purchase with fg from previous ladders, or existing muled gear from the first run through.

Legit players party and run together, and it’s mostly done via cBaals, and rushing isn’t an end game thing. End game is a grind. And again, sitting at the back of the Throne Room leeching experience isn’t playing the game. And again, Blizzard isn’t going to add more places for you to leech.

This is what botters and bot followers generally do, end game 97 to 99 it is not the most efficient.

Why would you be ok with it not giving items or xp if its the same as baal runs (which according to you is not that much xp) and basic drops. Ya I suggested it in portal rift format as its more spaced from the actual game and more of a choice. Just like a choice of what ui to use. I will say I rather have d2 not change anything then change too much so at least we can agree on that.

Is it really so hard for you too understand that people JUST want their beloved game polished?

Thats what a remaster is all about. We just don´t want any additional content.

There should be forums for D3, D Immortal and D4 up. What hinders you posting your wise ideas there?

I understand that, what you need to understand is extra content is not a sin. Too bad for you the game will get updates via patches. Because d3 and diablo immortal sucks I disagreed with virtually all their content decisions since they were announced. maybe thats why? and one is a phone game. what are these arguments, how old are you?

I’d argue that there are some minor changes that would actually go more along with people’s nostalgia than against it.

Not all of us played much past 1.09 or 1.10. Undoing some changes they did afterwards rather than a pure 1.14 would bring back some things for people that 1.14 won’t have.

IE: if they undid some of the Cow nerfs from 1.10 (like: Cut Experience and reduced drops in the Cow Level.) it would add another option while bringing back something a lot of people did back when they played.

As far as new content goes, I think in the first season probably not, but maybe they could try out ladder exclusive new content in future seasons and see how people react. Don’t have to keep it if it gets too negative a response.

Wrong again - they have never said that the game will get updated at all.

I already told you. It´s a remaster and gameplay should stay the way it is. Which is what our devs are luckily commited to aswell.

I´m seriously not 100% sure if you´re in the right forum section here. This is not the D4 forum.

There are many thousand games out there and you choose to post about changes in exactly one of the only ones being a remaster.

The reason I’m ok with it not giving any exp or items, is that it would be outside the normal game, like copying a bnet char on a modded server, who cares.

Creating new loot and experience tables is too much for a remastered game.

They said core gameplay will be the same but they do plan on receiving feedback on doing future patches. If you dont think they are updating from patch 1.14 and its staying forever with no change your iq is low.

1 Like

Your last sentence here is unnecessarily mean spirited. We’re all just discussing games here.

1 Like

Well you said it yourself - it depends on the feedback if there will be updates.

And mine (and the one of many others) is no additional content. Atleast not for this version of the game.

If they release a 2nd and optional expansion later down the line, thats a different thing.