If you make personal drops your not faithful to d2

No as I repeatedly said they can factor in participation. Strawman.

Not really. I don’t have a problem getting what I want. I think it would be cool to play more pub games than to run solo. I am not “demanding” anything.

Lol not if it factors participation, eg you get more share of the loot if you did most of the work.

Ok I get your point now, because there is other options you dont consider it the majority even though it has the most votes. Theres a problem with this though.

1. Not having personal drops has the most votes
  2. It didnt have personal drops in the first place.
  3. For example to change laws in many places you need 60% of the vote. How does this favor my argument? Well you are saying a change should pass with less then half the vote. Even if you dont follow the 60% rule, and you go by the majority rule, then personal loot still loses, just because theres ‘3rd party’ options that get votes, doesnt mean the change happens because of that.

You are arguing things in reservse to get to your conclusion. Your saying if its close the change should pass, no by default the burden for the change should be HIGHER not less.
A caveat could mean a million things. Such as timed drops, who knows what people selected it for.

1 Like

You can play public games, and you have to run publics if you want to level up or hit 99.

You can also host public games and tell people running with you to not pick up loot, if you played Diablo 2 for 20 years you would know this.

Hosting a public game and getting all the loot to yourself is WAY more loot then hosting a personal loot game.

Again you’re going in and changing CORE game mechanics that deal with loot now too, so now only hammerdins will get loot when killing bosses in public games since they do exponentially more damage than any other character in PVM?

You are confounding single player versus multiplayer loot rewards versus loot system. The loot system (personal versus global) does not alter the total drops in solo or multiplayer games. In multiplayer games, the loot system affects the distribution of drops. In multiplayer FFA, let’s assume X drops and Y players, For a personal loot game each player on average with binomial variance would be expected to get X/Y.

1 Like

its confirmed no personal loot. JS

3 Likes

Most people are either MFing or leveling. It’s way less common to see people doing it that way because it’s annoying to manage and people will inevitably take the loot any way, even if you keep them out going forward.

Or we could just allow an option to have personal loot if a group of like minded people want to play that way, and it won’t harm you in any way.

1 Like

I’ve never in recent memory been part of a baal game or chaos game where the runner doesn’t get first dibs on the items.

That’s funny because the runner is almost always a bot

For personal loot implementing is very small chance. But something that also facators in like dps… Pfff…That is never going to happen. I cant even remember that anywhere i have seen such system where the program gives loot after damage done.

Sry but “i think it would be cool” is not reason. It is a personal feeling. I have said facts. Your only reason was your feeling

By bad then. You ask.

I already said I don’t think it will happen due to complexity, repeatedly.

People wanting it is definitely a reason, something blizzard specifically asked for.

OG days people wanted first drops I dont think you should bring bots up like they should be accounted for in D2R

He was talking specifically about recent time in the game, which is dominated by bots.

Ok but its kinda a strawman since the argument goes if you are running people you get better drops (such as a rush or just runs) I remember people rushing hell for drops even in 2019. Forge gonna be personal drops too? This just isn’t diablo 2 at all. But anyway his point is you cant get as good drops with personal drops in this scenario.

Sure if it’s a bot run game, but when it’s a human run game it still works the same way.

It’s not a strawman if I am responding to the point he was making.

You didn’t respond to the fact that this incentivizes PvM publics with only hammerdins/light sorcs even more. No point running fun builds end game in publics if you don’t get any loot.

Participation does not have to exclusively mean damage done

So how is participation evaluated ?