If you get muted it bans you instead *BUG*

Does Blizzard plan on fixing the mute ban bug, or are we s*** out of luck?

2 Likes

I would curse but ill just get banned oops I meant muted…so the answer is no they don’t plan on fixing the problem until d4 comes out…but don’t worry some admin will chime in a scripted reply “thank you for your patience, we are working on the problem and will have a fix soon”…apparently soon, to some people, is months…anyways, they apparently have no way to do a work around till the fix…here ill give them one, unmute players and I bet they can play again…your welcome blizzard for the impossible work around…

2 Likes

lol…give it time…I bet you change your mind

Why is blizzard not fixing this?

2 Likes

Blizzard scamming so hard lol. I only play this game when I am bored working

1 Like

The game is still broken

still not fixed their PATHETIC IDK WHY I CAME BACK TO SUCH A TRASH GAME BUT BECAUSE OF THIS ILL NEVER BUY BLIZZARD SO TRASH

yeah obviously still not fixed…seems like they really dont care about customers anymore

Well, I would say that they don’t care as much about naughty customers that break the rules.

2 Likes

I just got muted for 3 days for calling someone a “moron”, but they allow botters. More than 50% of the players today are botters and i’m the bad guy. I guess they’re right, because botters don’t call others morons.

I can’t believe how soft today’s gen is.

It’s not just a mute, it’s a 3 day ban essentially, because I can’t play at all.

Did you really expect to garner a huge amount of sympathy by necro-bumping a thread from November 2019 just so you could admit to insulting someone and being penalised for doing so?

actually I did not expect more than to inform that silencing still bans.

Calling someone a moron is insulting for the soft/cancel generation I guess.

I’ve been called worse by my wife and laughed. I’m sure all on this planet have been called worse by parents, friends, strangers, and spouses. What do you do? Ask them to not speak to you any longer or cry about it?

Seriously, grow up!

Rest assured, I’ve both handed out, and received, much, much worse insults in real life to my partner, parents, kids, colleagues, friends and strangers. Over here in the UK, we take it as an artform, and we usually reserve the most vicious of insults for the people we like the most. Indeed, it’s how a lot of guys bond.

Of course, that doesn’t alter the fact that I wouldn’t expect to go to a friend’s house, yell insults in their wife’s face, and not get thrown out on my ear or receive a punch on the nose.

The lesson here is clear. Chat is full of people easily offended, so don’t offer offence.

it was used a description of the person’s response, not as an offensive response.

public bounties: where everyone does a different act to go quicker.

me: [name] I don’t need help, go to another act please
person: I was here first
me: do you normal start in the middle of the act?
person: you don’t tell me what to do!
me: I didn’t tell you what to do, it was a question, moron.

An obviously perfect description of that response.

I got silenced

Now if I started off with: hey moron, I don’t need help. I can understand if that was seen as an offensive remark.

From a public bounty etiquette point of view and to clarify:

Did this conversation happen before other acts were completed?
Did you already complete an entre set of bounties for one specific act?
Was the other person already doing that act’s bounty before you decided to do another bounty in the same act?
What do you mean by start “in the middle of the act”?

The person started on the 3rd bounty (center) in the act, normally a player starts from top most and down to the last unless the center portion has the first bounty.

I was in the act 1st and was doing the top most bounty (1st)

The conversation started as soon as I was noticed and cache was not gotten yet with 3 bounties left.

This is a matter of preference. It is not a rule of good bounty etiquette.

It sounds like the other player thought they were in the act first. Could it be possible that you missed it since you assumed that the player should be in the “top” bounty?

Irrespective, when bounties begin, I often teleport to an act where at the same time someone else teleports to the exact same bounty or another bounty in the same act. In that case, I simply go to another act and do not say anything in chat.

Moreover, I tend not to say anything in chat except simple things like “What GR level?”, “yes”, “no”, “do you want to do a goblin portal”, etc… In games where name calling occurs, I tend to leave. Also, it is easy for misinterpretation/miscommunication to happen.

I am 101% positive I was there first, because I always bring the map up when I first teleport to make sure I am the only 1, if not I go to another act.

he was doing the skeleton king and that’s usually easy and most (not all) of the time there is a goblin.

The players that do this are usually doing simple bounties to avoid the multi-level bounties and looking for goblins.

I’ve been playing this series since d1 was launched, I know how these slick folks work.

One possibility is that you both were “first”. When you check the map before teleporting, it can be empty, but the other player may be teleporting at the same time as you. Therefore, when you both initially saw the map pre-teleport, it was empty. This happens to me quite frequently, as both players enter the same bounty nearly simultaneously. He entered his act and you yours.

Personally, in a situation like this, I would not say anything in chat. I would either keep going in the same act or choose another act to clear or leave the game altogether since it seemed to be early in the game session. Most likely I would do option 2.

I am 101% positive I was there first, because “I always bring the map up when I first teleport” to make sure I am the only 1, if not I go to another act.

But you’re not me and have every right to respond as I see fit. We’re not robots, we respond differently. That does not make you or I wrong, it makes our responses unique to the situation.