If you get muted it bans you instead *BUG*

strong textSO I JUST BOUGHT THIS GAME AND GOT MUTED AND NOW THE START BUTTON IS GREYED OUT…FOUND A POST WHERE THERE IS A BUG. 20 DAYS NOW PEOPLE CANT PLAY…THIS WASNT IN THE TOS. SO WHY ISNT BLIZZARD OVERTURNING THE MUTE TILL THEY CAN GET THE BUG FIXED?

3 Likes

heres the post where everyone has this happening Start Game Greyed Out - Unable to join game, only available to party leader - #42 by CosmicPower-11120

2 Likes

They already told us it was a fault they had at their end, but no replies. Nothing.

2 Likes

because the simple solution of unmuting the players is too easy…better to just let you all fade away and still take your money…don’t worry they will make a fix when the new game is out…

1 Like

Guys many threads have been made since blizzard mini patch over a month ago.

It’s about two incompatible systems.
D3 is a legacy game they are attempting to put into the current day Blizzard game system and:

It does not jive well for D3.

The code is not working together.

And to make matters worse there is little or no communication regarding the fix.

It appears we will have the same bugged game after new patch and in S19!.

Please Blizzard do not make this so!

2 Likes

yea like I just got this account no warning I swore and now I cant play for 7 days w.t…h

So they’re bringing over the same heavy handed chat moderation with abusable report system from OW to D3 now?

yea we just need to get this post like the last so its a TOP post…20 days now and NOTHING this was not in TOS litteraly this is a big prob if there is a lot of players muted…like I was muted 12 months I have 9 left…for this to be a ban all of a sudden when I have already served 3 months of my time to just get out and out banned is not allowed OR right. but they try to blame os instead of fixing the bug. BAD BLIZZARD. BAD. I HAVE PLAYED SINCE DIABLO 1 AND 2 AND IF THIS IS HOW THEY GONNA TREAT US I DONT THINK DIABLO 4 SOUNDS GOOD NOW. -COSMIC POWER

1 Like

YEA BUT WITH NO WARNING…NO TOS. ITS WRONG. ESPECIALLY PEOPLE LIKE US WHO HAVE 6-12 MONTH MUTES PRIOR TO THE BUG OR ‘‘NEW RULE’’ DENYING IT AND SAYING ITS OUR INTERNET OR OUR FAULT IS BS. NOW PEOPLE ARE BANNED NO WARNING FOR A CHAT VIOLATION. I DIDDNT SIGN UP FOR THIS FOR ONE. THE WHOLE THING IS ABOUT TO GET OUT OF HAND ….ALOT OF STREAMERS HERE LOSING SUBS TOO.strong text

1 Like

Wait, so you did something to be muted, this caused you to be banned.
You reached out to Blizzard for support, they indicated that the silences were intended, and that you have broken terms outlined in the EULA.

Yet you still think there is an issue?

You basically stuck a stick in the spokes of your own bicycle and are blaming the bicycle.

1 Like

I am not trolling, you posted information clearly stating that you were in violation that supported what happened.

I’m not kicking you when you are down, I’m trying to explain to you what is wrong about your situation.

Indeed, the fact you can’t create a game while your account is silenced is a bug, but the EULA does allow for account suspensions as well, so technically it is within the game guidelines.

They used to just suspend instead of silence and it appears the bug has reverted the penalty to that.

They will fix it at some point.

Also keep in mind, that the forums also have a Code of Conduct and you can get suspended from here too.

That is quite impressive. The silence penalty doubles each time you get an action applied by the mods. To get a year Silence (either 256 or 512 days), you are on your 9th or 10th penalty.

This article explains it and warns that suspensions can also be applied.

2 Likes

typical smear campaign…u try to go at us personaly instead of recognizing it was a bug they are at fault and admitted it. FOR SHAME CHEETAH…U WERE SURE CRYING ABOUT BUGS WHEN U WERNT LEADER OF YOUR KLAN LAST TIME THE KLAN BUG HIT. SEEMS PRETTY HIPPOCRITICAL WHEN U KNOW THIS IS A BUG AND FAULT ON BLIZZ BUT INSTEAD GO AT PEOPLE PERSONALY. SAD.strong text

1 Like

What in the world are you talking about? I had no issues with any Clan bugs. I also said that the inability to play while Silenced IS a bug.

Sometimes people here make me wonder…

Yes, I read it. Yes, it is a bug that you can’t play while Silenced. The reply you got from Support was also accurate. Even though they did not intend to suspend you while Silenced, it is within the scope of the rules.

So, are these the same account given the double post with really odd info and lack of reading comprehension?

They will fix it when they fix it. Welcome to Vanilla D3 where chat issues resulted in a Suspension and you could not play. Consider it a throw back!

P.S. Posting bugs on General won’t get you the attention you want. The QA team who handles them does not read this forum page. Stick with the thread in TS.

It’s blizzards fault you got muted which fell into a bug? Yes, blizzard did mute you…from something that was no ones fault but yourself. If you had not got muted, then you wouldn’t have ran into this predicament.

I don’t see her going at any personal level, she is explaining the rules. The way this is going, your post may end up getting muted…seems to be a trend going on.

2 Likes

Where do you get the 200 number? There are not even close to that many posts in the TS thread, and most of those are the same people posting over and over.

Well, they can if they want to. You might want to read the EULA, the Support response, and the Silence article I linked. Oh, and the forum Code of Conduct. Sure, this is a bug right now, but they CAN suspend if they choose.

3 Likes