If PvP the way it was in 1.13 was so great

If pvp was so great back in the day why did there have to be so many player enforced pvp rules to correct all the unbalances?

Like people are up in arms about pvp glitch fixes but should you be looking at why you had to rely on those glitches in the first place? Maybe you might take an honest look at the balancing over all and rather than asking to keep your glitches maybe you could ask them to fix broken stuff that was actually features?

7 Likes

Sigh another kid that knows nothing and wants 20 years of PVP summed up in one sentence.

12 Likes

WSG creates more balance and makes more builds viable.

Your thread logic makes no sense and does not work

5 Likes

if you need wsg then that means that other things are unbalanced such as hit recovery.
your argument makes no sense. you shouldnt need a glitch to solely make a build work.

8 Likes

Nobody said the core game was perfectly balanced.

There are glitches and bugs that made D2 better, and the developers themselves said they would keep glitches and bugs that enhanced the experience for players.

What’s so hard to comprehend here? WSG is not game breaking in the slightest.

4 Likes

seems to me that as much as it makes some builds more effective, it makes others less so.
I never needed it in all the years I was playing PvP. Granted I always thought Pvp was a hot mess even back in the day.

1 Like

Skills like Mindblast become vastly overpowered, you can literally not escape it even with high FHR. How is this so difficult to understand? It literally makes it so that there are almost no counters to MB+Trap sins other than BM sorb

1 Like

So fix mind blast. Seems simple

5 Likes

So now we’re going to start nerfing and buffing skills?

Where will it end? Why not just keep the game as it was instead of trying to change it?

6 Likes

But it seems clear that these exploits weren’t intended either

3 Likes

It’s not really that dude. The GM rules were made because without them, there are too many methods to negate damage and be neigh invulnerable. The GM rules are 75% designed so that duels can actually END. The other 25% is designed to prevent people from doing things that any class can do, like NKing someone or secretly stacking potions off in a corner somewhere.

Have you ever actually looked at a set of GM rules for Diablo 2?

Here you go https://i.imgur.com/b8Q1Bao.png

3 Likes

No they intentionally left WSG in D2. It was accidentally removed a some years back due to some animation update, then they patched it back in after. This means they knew it existed and wanted it in the game due to the pvp playerbase wanting it back.

2 Likes

Yea it’s been a while but I did duel back in the game. Seems like a lot of excuses for blizzard being lazy about balancing. Just because they were lazy for 17 years doesn’t mean that’s how the game should continue going forward.
Fix these things for real at the source of the problem as blizzard should have done years ago.

1 Like

No, it means it may be a great mechanic that should have been intended from the beginning. Sometimes bugs become features in games because you realize it makes the game better. So yeah, maybe FHR wasn’t strong enough before, or maybe certain abilities were too strong, but then WSG resolves that as a mechanic, so there you have it.

I’m not going to debate about whether or not WSG is the best solution; I just want you to know that many do not see it as a bug-- they see it as a mechanic.

2 Likes

WSG defends you from all stuns in the entire universe. That is bugusing like hell.

1 Like

It literally makes characters like zons playable in PvP again. Without WSG they are trash. Many more examples as well.

1 Like

huh dude, first off PvP was always divided into 2…pub games which were pretty much always BM and FFA while GM PvP which were typically in private games. BM games were very fun and no one gave a crap, everyone just tried to kill each other. GM games had rules because guess what, that is part of having a fairer field for more competition otherwise people can just drink full juvs, they can use eternity to get summons or have a 2nd person enchant them, bone prison/IM around zons, etc…where’s the fun in any of that in a fair competitive battle…? But even then, I’ve seen plenty of D2 tournaments held on JSP that had no rules.

Like what professional sports don’t have specific rules & regulations? Just because you sucked at PvP doesn’t mean it wasn’t great for everyone else.

1 Like

Right, that’s the point of an open PvP hack n slay. Community create rules for themselves when the game does not specify anything.
In other games there are automatic rules that are incorporated by the developer to balance it out. In Diablo 2, the community does it because Blizzard has unrestricted integrated it.
Absolutely right and correct. There is nothing wrong with that

1 Like

rules? wtf? thats so gay. I just wanna go out and pvp without having a freaking advisor on my monitor. Just go and slash if i want to

So it’s all working as intended then?

1 Like