If Personal Loot is to be done

It needs to be done in a way not to affect overall amount of item flow into the economy.

For example If there are 8 ppl in the game and the ammount of items dropped from baal is 0 - 8. So then if there are 8 ppl in the game with personal loot then each player should receive 0-1 items from a boss drop.

I am against personal loot but if it is to be implemented then it needs to be done in a way in which total number of items gained overall by all players on battle.net is not affected.

7 Likes

Yea. Total drops would still be the same, it’s just a random chance on who gets the drops. If a total of 10 uniques drop during a regular FFA(shared loot) game, if it was instead personal loot the same 10 uniques would drop. Not 8x the amount to equal 80 uniques.

6 Likes

This effectively reduces the amount of loot a single player gets and is non-conducive to the Diablo 2’s item hunting design. Nobody needs to be given loot directly. If you can’t click fast enough in a game full of other players, you don’t deserve the loot.

13 Likes

No, I wouldn’t go down this route, because the people who want personal loot put into D2R are the people who want every rare item on launch day, they will play D2R for maybe 4-5 hours tops, and then put it down for three months.

12 Likes

Problem is a single player is not gonna get anything if its ffa loot , because someone is gonna run auto pick it hack , if you played d2 you would know that all the good items are picked up instantly and it doesnt matter how fast you click

5 Likes

That is the risk you run playing open games on Diablo 2, sadly. We don’t need stopgap features to something that isn’t broken. What we need is Vicarious Visions to be on top of hacks/cheats.

6 Likes

well it depends on who you are playing with, maybe its like that now, but when I played from 2000 til 2005 everyone having pickit was just not an issue, besides, the best mf runs are done either alone or especially with a number of clan mates and we all just share what drops.

I knew things like that existed but I refused to have anything to do with pickit, I think most people are like that.

2 Likes

If you can come to agreement with the ppl youre playing with thats a good thing, but I had hard time mfing with my bro, and we would tend to just run solo instead.

I think this current system demotivates playing as a group.

What I will be doing is joining trade games or baal games that are full and mfing in those! To get all that 8player quantity all to myself.

2 Likes

Diablo 2 doesn’t work against the idea of team play. Your loot potential is greater with more players. You just need to pray your teammates dont cheat and hope your clicking prowess is on its A-Game.

So you are admitting that you will be using pickit? Man I hope the modern battleneck catches you out for it, and then you will be back in the forum making a thread like “I got banned for no reason!”.

The epitome of selfishness.

It’s probably that he’s referring to running Meph, Andy, Pindel etc while everyone else is running Baal or trading. Stuff like that. It was pretty common.

4 Likes

No you are not understanding it right, while they will be doing a baal run i will be doing chaos , or pit , or meph. So it will be just me solo!

But dont worry in public games having a pickit will be the standard.

5 Likes

Nah it won’t, it wasn’t then and it won’t be now, but I apologize for misunderstanding what you meant. Yea there is no problem going into games and doing the bosses for MF, alot of people do that and I am one of them.

However to say that pickit will be standard, that is really silly, D2R will sell millions of copies world wide, and for it pickit to be even remotely popular, it would require over 100,000 realm players to download it en mass, which just won’t be happening.

I must say though that I do think you will use it, and by calling it the “standard” you seem to be normalizing it, but again that is just my opinion.

If you see someone using pick-it just report them, tell your teammates, go hostile and give him a good beating if he doesn’t leave or dares comes back.

Also I have never used pick-it and managed to out-click pick-it users on a regular base.
Strategical positioning is key in getting loot if you play in a group without organized loot sharing.
If you are standing where the loot is dropping while the pick-it user has to teleport to that spot first, then you will be faster.

That even goes for short distances, since walking a short distance with a decent amount of frw is still faster than teleporting - which pick-it is always using if it isn’t in range to pick an item up.

6 Likes

End point for this thread

Pickit users, if they exist, can actively be reported.
You can still get loot before them, it’s just less likely.
You can join public games for the 8p loot advantage, just don’t do the content the people in that game are doing.
The silver lining in the end is if you’re going to worry about not getting loot, MF runs in solo passworded games is the way to go.

6 Likes

Im wondering if some of you guys even played d2. If you have and tried dropping a shako in town it would be instantly picked up and you cant even teleport in town. Even thru some obstacles.

1 Like

If I could prove my game time in Diablo 2 over the last 20 years, it would make most people blush, my friend, lol.

Main point of this thread is to state that if personal loot is to be implemented it needs to not affect the number of items gained overall by battle net!

2 Likes

Hey man it was you who used the ‘P’ word.

1 Like

Yes.
Or just add a timer, in which each item is reserved for a random player for a few seconds. Like PoE does.

2 Likes