If no Altar, please give us Double Primals in NS

If we are definitely not going to have the Altar in NS, could we please at least have double primals?

The devs could grant this privilege to any player who has already completed the Altar in season, or who completes some sort of an accomplishment in NS (for instance, having completed a very accessible yet meaningful tier of GR, like… 130?).

It would be better than nothing, right?

5 Likes

I want the Altar in normal too as much as anybody. But some might argue that we can farm our primals in season and use them in non season afterwards.
The reason, to me at least, that non season feels so bland is that besides losing the powerful theme we also lose all the buffs, debuffs and QOL features of the Altar.

They could also just increase the (to some, non existant) drop rate of primals overall.

1 Like

What is the a disgrace for diablo 3 veteran that have invest over 14k hours into this game and been playing it for overs 10 years (I love this game). They finaly ending up giving nothing at all for the real game which is non season where all your might gons and items are brought to bare for the big happenin. They nerfed and screw ns stuff when they started to nerf tals. Not having the altar in non season is a big spit in the face from diablo 3 team if theres still someone workin on it beside the janitor. To be interesting again this game need altar ns or a big chunk of it to at leats make us do something decent over there. Atm the only interesting stuff to grind is 140 in 3-5 min with people that are still dedicated to the game. In 140 you can play a variety of build Id say around 10 so the game is still interesting … I mean we should be able to play those 140 ls with this variety of build in 150s… thats what blizzard should do and thrive for.

2 Likes

I don’t care about double primals. I want the Altar’s QoL. Period. No QoL, no fun. I know they are doing this to lure players into season mode but for me that’s not gonna work and has, in fact, the opposite effect. Haven’t really touched D3 after they decided to deal a low blow to NS players.

3 Likes

I concur… I liked having auto salvage and extra pet pick up and fissures… it replaced rifts for me (I don’t push, but I like grinding for gear).

Though I will say, double primals was the right level of rewarding… I don’t have a full primal build but that extra drop really helped find a useful primal… like one in 6-10 drops.

Same… after doing a few GRs and a disappointing goblin farm run, I haven’t touched the game at all.

Grinding for the altar every season is tedious. And I’d have been happy playing in NS with the altar and fissures.

4 Likes

Many people want the Altar for many different reasons. Some want the QOL. Some want the double Primals, Some want the buffs, debuffs. Some want a mix of the both. One thing I think is universal, though, is everyone just wants it added.

I know a very, very small handful of people are worried it is going to ruin non-season, but at this point in the game’s life, I don’t find any of the negatives even coming close to outweighing the positives. Can’t think of anything the Altar would add that would be more detrimental to the non-season game than 100,000% power creep, gear raining from the sky, etc.

Blizz, show us you are company that still cares about its player base. Add the Altar to non-season.

4 Likes

Well now, I wouldn’t refuse it, it’s nice to have. But as far as I am concerned, I can live without that feature anytime. The QoL features of the Altar are completely different matter for me. auto-pick and salvage and the like are basic improvements that do NO harm at all. All they do is save up time when you farm stuff. Same for double caches, though I would limit that to solo player games and they are not even that important if they bring Visions along.
I really detest this decision to gate all behind seasons. Do they really fear that seasons die out too fast if NS players gain at access to the little bit of QoL in a decade plus old game?

Probably not everyone, there are some valid arguments against bringing it to NS, but those could be taken care of by locking the Altar behind beating GR 100 solo in NS and doing some adjustments to the nodes so that the Altar doesn’t completely invalidate existing game mechanics. Like limiting the Pool of Reflection buff to “… lasts for the day” “…until you leave the game”, “…until you die.” or something like that. Or make it so that instead of complete CC imunity you gain a chance to completely ignore CC effects based on your CC Redux affixes on gear.

What they did instead is displeasing and a slap in the face of NS players, to say the least. As a non season wizard you got a bunch of nerfs (Meteor+Twister) and nothing in return. That’s infuriating and the reason why I stopped playing D3 for the second season now and instead play D2R. D3 is shelved until the Altar comes non season or something major happens in terms of balance (and I don’t believe in that at all).

2 Likes

Agree that the auto salvage is the most important feature to include before double primals. Besides being a time saver, it corrects the time spent on activities so that we’re spending more time killing and picking up legendaries. I tend to pick up everything… it’s not efficient but when I need white/blue/yellow mats I will pick up those things as much as I will pick up legendaries. But it’s not an enjoyable activity. With autosalvage, it simplifies the drudgery of a mundane multi-step process and my enjoyment in time spent picking up just legendaries is amplified.

There’s really nothing like running a couple of multi floored fissures, filling up the inventory 2-3 times, emptying all those legendaries into the stash and then later IDing and salvaging 3 stash tabs worth of legendaries. They won’t all be keepers… in fact, it’s hard to get one keeper most of the time. But when a player is at that point of having a fully ancient set up but has room for improvement, it’s a grinding experience like this that is needed to find upgrades.

Very much this… one could even raise the requirement to GR110 I reckon. It helps give players something worthwhile to strive for, especially if, in addition to the QoL, there’s a bit of extra power to help with further pushing.

I would be okay with just having the QOL part on NS

my bad. In the context of the sentence that snippet was from, I meant “everyone just wants it added in some shape or form”.

No matter what they do, there will always be someone not happy, but I doubt there will be any significant outcry if they put it in as is. I can pretty much guarantee any outcry for putting it in would pale in comparison to when they didn’t put it in.