If D2R is not delayed, they have learned nothing!

We have executives being made redundant, teams being shaken up and a trail of destruction left by Blizzard over the last couple of years…

D2R might just be one of the best remakes ever BUT it won’t be if it gets released half cooked. Console players don’t even have an in game lobby for FS.

Blizzard, there is an opportunity here to show everyone there is some Blizzard North left in your blood. Launch the game in September with an open Beta, buy yourself some more time to polish this game properly. Spend more time on refining the console versions, so the experience is enjoyable.

Please Blizzard, being some pride back to your name and reenact the age of policy of when its ready. If you break D2, on the back of the disaster that was D3 what message does that send out for D4?

1 Like

Kinda sorta what they are doing.

The alphas and betas were at least a month old when they were released for us to play. Calm down.

4 Likes

If this was a decade ago this type of post wouldn’t even be needed. However, Blizzards track record of late is so bad I really don’t feel like being calm is worth the risk here.

Maybe if you post on the correct forum they might see it :man_facepalming:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo_2_Resurrected/

4 Likes

Missed that please remove

The D2R developers will not be looking for feedback on the D3 forum.

2 Likes

OP cares about D2R a lot!

Just not enough to bother posting his super valuable hot takes to any of the boards actually for that game :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

He/she just wanted to vent and take a jab at D3 the way many of the D2 fanboys do.

5 Likes

D2R will be chaos on release. The game is far from ready for online play.

As for D4 - it seems way more polished than D2R. Let’s hope the public tests begin after next Blizzcon.

1 Like

sorry but … was the Beta so bad?

I mean … given that all server-related factors are ALWAYS a problem for all online games, and that in the first weeks there is always total monitoring of operation (fast patches, server analysis, etc.) … how was the beta? so far I have seen some pretty good comments on social media, in terms of loyalty and innovation. or at least, I have not seen the same perplexities shown for W3 Reforged which then turned into functional nightmares. indeed there is a constant update of the features that will be there and which will not … at least so far.

I find the pessimism for Resurrected a little excessive, considering that those who worked there are experts in the remake sector (the same as Crash trylogy). obviously understandable the fear that the project could be disappointing but … for now the proposals are still optimal, in general. but I only say this based on what I have read a little bit around the web. maybe I’m wrong. :man_shrugging:

The devs don’t care about D2R or reddit forums, only the powerless CMs do. The devs are using surveys rather than small anecdotal info from posts.

1 Like

Pride for what? The people left at Blizzard live paycheck to paycheck. Taking risks or doing anything unnecessary isn’t part of their job description.

They reskinned the amazon, removed like 5 wrinkles lol
Diablo® II: Resurrected™ | Amazon Class Trailer - YouTube

Compared to the Heroes of the Storm amazon incarnation.
Cassia - Heroes of the Storm

Minimal effort all round by the Diablo guys. Should we blame them? No, what is in it for them??? They are not going to devote their lives playing the game like fans, there is no reason for them to care about making the environmental lighting more like Alpha, improving wide screen support, and overall listening to the endless stream of feedback from fans… Gamers need to learn to accept it is what it is, either you accept it or you don’t.

you honestly expected blizzard to learn their lessons?

Don’t worry they’re delaying the ladder already for the cheaters to take the dust of their cheating tools and ruin the game (again), everything will be fine :slight_smile:

No reason to delay. The have the ability to patch and update their hearts out. Just the difference between the betas was staggering. They can fix more stuff with ppl playing & giving feedback too.

1 Like

If they keep polishing it, it will be ready for whatever launch window they are looking for, yes even the 23rd.

I don’t think that they intend on the console to have the same lobby that the PC has. I think that they will probably keep the group finding tool for console, just expand on the purpose of the group.

It is not like they have a whole new game. It is a remaster, all it needs is some polish. Plus they are a company after all and they have their superiors as well. So they might not have a choice other than to release on the 23rd.

How would the ladder in lanch date prevent cheating?

It doesn’t they just give them more time to do updates and be ready on ladder launch and ruin everyones fun (again).

1 Like

Ease up, Karen.

You need to be one of the pre-purchase sheep to post on the D2R forum.
Reddit is garbage and full of garbage people.
Diablo II GD is not D2R.

So that leaves here. I’m not offended by D2R posts in the D3 forum and you shouldn’t be either.

1 Like

Whatever. :crying_cat_face:

Don’t really care.

Your opinion was not requested.