I was against Ploot. I changed my mind

It would be great to have the ability to change the player count (/players X) in a private online game so we can farm on our own with mf benefits. People can farm solo with benefit of 8 peeps, and then if you want to jump in with others, its ffa. Everybody wins.

I still think this will reduce the inevitable bot runs hosting open games for people to join and up the mf. That way it forces others to just play the game as well instead of following a bot through Chaos or Baal for drops. I’d be shocked if they stopped bots…sideways tangent, but I think its relatable to some extent.

I hate the term “pLoot” because it’s like trying to use the word “mammal” when you’re trying to discuss a human, dog, etc. There are many, many designs that could be construed as pLoot, so it’s difficult to discuss the merits of any one design unless everyone knows the particulars of that design.

But, one thing I’ve consistently read by pLoot advocates: no one at all is talking about adjusting drop rates by a whit. They don’t want to multiply or flood or anything of the kind. Only how drops are assigned to a given player.

1 Like

To abusable by botters and since old D2 and WoW are flooded with them (and WoW beeing on the same bnet as D2R) I don’t think Blizzard can handle them (again).

They will still do that “hot tp… safe” while running pickit it will be the exact same like the classic one.

if you find a good item with PLOOT everyone is going to want it?! whats the difference now?
what about people that like farming solo? are they at a disadvantage because of your PLOOT idea?

That someone random actually gets an item and not the person with the better cheating tool or ping (since they made it global).

you should be able to find thousands of people to play with that are not using hacks

Well not gonna happen esp. with their low effort to fight it and esp. with a loot system that draws them like moths to the light.

i dont know dude. counter strike draws aimbotters the same way. do you think that they should change anything about the gameplay because of that? No dude, thats not the way to handle this problem.

Well at least there it goes quicker to actually ban people via overwatch and what not. Blizzard randomly sends out “waves” while most of them are either untouched or have made so much selling to bot/cheat sites like d2jsp and what not that 40 bucks is nothing for them.

I think that’s specifically why I was drawn away from FPS games when I was younger. I loved stuff like Golden Eye and Half life, mostly single player. Then when everyone I knew switched to Counter-Strike, it was just cheater after cheater. Even if there were no cheaters, someone was accusing someone of cheating because they were winning.

Cheats do ruin games for people. Fortunately you can mf solo.

But do I think they should change something about the game to stop cheaters? Yes, the systems that can stop cheating. In CS the only route they have is cheat detection. In D2 they can allocate loot to players.

1 Like

Well if you play solo there is no reason to even create MP char.
People are worried about cheaters and bots, but why you are even interested what other people are doing with the game?

We dont know how theyre going to handle cheating. You can complain about that after the game released.

The fact that you think that PLOOT is going to stop people from botting is just naive. Nobody needs PLOOT thats just a fact. The game is brutal like no other ARPG right now, lets not change that unique part of the game.

No not from botting but from yoinking every single god damn item on the ground even when it’s “just baal exp hell runs” or “hell cows”.

1 Like

I wasn’t saying anything about botting. I was talking about picking up items.

Bots are an entirely different path of cheat detection. Fortunately you can just host your own games and mostly avoid bots. They still do change the economy though.

I guess the largest difference is if the cheats cause me to be upset. It’s all bad, but me losing out on something I should have got (Item that dropped or a win in Counter-Strike) is a lot more damaging than if someone bots in their private game and messes with the economy.

Nope, solo farming would still be more efficient.

The ploot system most people are describing on the forums would not have increased droprates. Merely rolling the existing drops between nearby players.

3 Likes

I see what you guys are talking about. It feels bad to have 5 good items drop and the same player gets all of them.
But doesnt it feel as bad when you are dealing the most dmg for example and know all the tricks to progress faster with your party and you are literally carrying the party just for them to get all good items shared between each other even tho you deserved it more than them?

To me it just looks like that you guys have to step up your gameplay and get good :smiley: XD

Well currently that can already happen. I can’t even count the times I’ve rushed people and they run up to the boss and spam click at level 1.

With this system though, if no players are in range, the loot would be given to you anyways, or just wait the short timer and you can grab it. Play a few hours of Path of Exile multiplayer. Or just watch a video.

All of these points are you assuming the players will be able to cheat and use bots + your own fear from having other people around you. Thats why I said that we already have everything that your “ploot” would “achieve” in YOUR own eyes. Simple as that. We already play in teams. We farm in teams. We progress in teams. If you are alone, try trusting a stranger and he may even become your friend. I know, right?? Like real life! Ploot will simply dumb down the gameplay to cater for people with phobias. Trust is built or lost with the current gameplay and this is good.

When have players not cheated in a Blizzard game? Give it like 1 day and someone will be spreading pick up hacks to all the 12 year olds.

that feels like both players have 50/50 chance, isnt that great?!?

ive played 10k hours of POE and party play in POE sucks in many ways and is not even worth mentioning. Not a good argument to compare it to d2 when it feels so much worse.

1 Like