I was against Ploot. I changed my mind

Are you disagreeing that solo is the most efficient gearing method? Because a lot of people on your side of the argument about personal loot agree with that.

Sure. I just don’t think “spam click the ground before the other player(s)” = social aspect of D2.

1 Like

Find people in game who you like to play with, or play with people you already know you like, then FFA is not a problem. I made so many friends just by helping out others and they’d MF and do cow runs with me, we took care of each other and share loot. I never really thought this was a problem. In real life I’m kind of a hermit and don’t make friends easily but in D2 it’s much easier to show people a little kindness and receive some kindness back.

1 Like

To your knowledge, does D2, D3, and WoW all have cheats where the latter two are on modern battlenet? Why would you reasonably expect anything different in D2R?

2 Likes

Again, I dont need people for the 1m tp to mepho and 10s to kill him. Why would I? People make parties for Diablo and Baal on hell and usually they are friends with each other so they share equipment depending on each one of their needs. Just because you always stay in your own safe space (and ploot would make that a constant truth) does not mean that people tend to do that for the whole d2 content. We also tend to progress from normal to hell together in a party unless a merc is hired for boosting. Here comes the rune from a4 hell.

That’s you. The rest of us want the same d2 experience we know. We don’t want the game to cater to us. Go play d3 if you want to be caterd to like a child.

Gutting ladder is NOT the d2 experience I knew. It was the only way I played D2. Now, I have the choice to play a lackluster ladder, or non-ladder.

I’ll be playing D2R in a way I never played D2. This, again, is NOT the d2 experience I knew.

1 Like

The problem is that in order to experience the same game and be able to farm with other players you would have to increase the drop rate and rarity of everything. Each player would have to have their own set of loot which would make everything less valuable and so easy to find.

The way that you would avoid oversaturating the community and game with items is to have the total loot amount divided by the total amount of players and then the drop rates and rarity could more or less stay the same

However once you do these two things you are back at the beginning

To avoid changing everything (trade, item quantities, item rarity, player interaction) you have to have the game act as a middle man and divide your loot for you and only drop the loot that is yours. That is more or less the same thing if you played on a team with FFA loot except you get no say on what item you get.

Once you go full circle and you have this modified personal loot to work with Diablo 2 and not destroy the experience it originally offered you will find that you still don’t want to farm with other players because you have even less of a chance to get the items you are looking for or even know if they dropped because your allies have their own personal and private loot

Have heard this a lot. Have never heard a convincing reason why this is now required.

And if Blizz gets rid of the bots (I know, I know…), then we’ll all have to get used to a much stingier economy - where trades will take days and weeks to find the gear you need, not hours. This can be a good thing, actually.

Loot division is a solved problem, with many techniques in many games. It isn’t difficult to design an equitable allocation, based on the contribution to what actually killed the monster who drops the loot.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not pro-pLoot, but I don’t fully appreciate the statement that drops must increase, or the game isn’t smart enough to determine who is most deserving of what ever piece of loot drops.

I disagree. Group play is, by far, the most efficient gearing method (aside from runes). Emphasis on “most efficient”.

This just seems wrong. Unless you mean that you play as a group in solo games and share the items you don’t need with each other. If you are all in the same game though, you are just limiting the small amount of drops to 1 of the 8 players.

1 Like

I can already make a public game where the rules are to roll on everything. Does this change the experience for other players who don’t want to join it? Of course not.

It also would not change their experience if there was an automated tool to facilitate such custom game rules. Being against optional timed loot assignment makes no actual sense.

2 Likes

Not happening. Thank god you don’t care either way :slight_smile:

Nah it probably will happen.

1 Like

That is not what Swagman is advocating for:

That’s the problem: there are many different versions being described even among those of you on this forum who supposedly agree on what the “best” system is. Once the game launches you’ll add a ton of voices who’s idea of “best” will be what’s best for them, not what’s best for the game as a whole.

Don’t quote me, I was just doing a bit of spit-balling there… :wink:

Maybe not. But it is what I am advocating for.

1 Like

How can a “more accessible game” already exist?! “more” is literally a comparison. So clearly a “more accessible game [of d2]” cannot exist at this time. Otherwise i would have basically said “a more more accessible game”.

The game is not friendly to new comers (again you might note the qualifier “more”, even though i could have actually dropped it).

“focus on gameplay” doesnt exist when you need to stop attacking to click loot.

“more fair distribution” - again, “more”. Also the current distribution is not fair at all.

preventing certain cheats does not exist.

“more relaxing games” - again, “more”.

“less hostile” - does not exist. again, “less”.

cooperation instead of competition - does not exist, but arguably i could have added “more” here.

So judging by all of this, you simply lied when saying “everything already exists”. You either didnt read the points, didnt understand the points or plain out ignored them and said they exist. They dont! It is obvious and evident!
Pathetic!

According to the developers response it might be and spreading the lie that it wont be does not make it any more true.
Again: Pathetic!

How about reading the article and stop sending people on a wild goose chase. Provide a link or shut it.
Pathetic!

Then continue playing FFA. You are not forced to play the option others enjoy. Dont be so full of envy.

Ploot is not in d3. D3 has smart loot and personalized loot. You are simply showing that you have no idea what d3 is, how it works and what we are suggesting with ploot.
It is - again - pathetic!

We are aware of that and therefore FFA will still be an option to play with alongside Ploot.
Because quite a lot of people want to play the original game with ploot.

How are you going to prove that it is not the exact opposite?
Everyone is for changes apart from several individuals that spam the forum for no changes?

Until then, you are just making wild claims without any real source for them.

Which is - you guessed it - PATHETIC!

1 Like

And ploot is just the way to find these people.
Quite a QoL change.

Nice to hear that it worked for you in the old system.
But that doesnt mean that a different way to find these people is not better.

2 Likes

Incorrect.
Once you go full circle, you will find out that you will still get the same items as in an FFA game, but you do not have to frantically click for them after literally every boss kill.

That is the difference. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors by the anti-ploot crowd.

And that is why the devs will have the last word on it. They will be collecting, curating, reviewing, redesigning, implementing, testing and revisioning it eventually.

We can only collect our preferences.

1 Like

Ploot isn’t a QoL change, ploot is a radical change to the loot system, which is even more profound considering that D2/R is a game considered to be the king of looters.

You will not be getting what you demand, it has been confirmed by Rod that ploot will not be in D2R, really, at some point you will need to accept this, however difficult it may be.

1 Like