I was against Ploot. I changed my mind

Maybe not. But it is what I am advocating for.

1 Like

How can a “more accessible game” already exist?! “more” is literally a comparison. So clearly a “more accessible game [of d2]” cannot exist at this time. Otherwise i would have basically said “a more more accessible game”.

The game is not friendly to new comers (again you might note the qualifier “more”, even though i could have actually dropped it).

“focus on gameplay” doesnt exist when you need to stop attacking to click loot.

“more fair distribution” - again, “more”. Also the current distribution is not fair at all.

preventing certain cheats does not exist.

“more relaxing games” - again, “more”.

“less hostile” - does not exist. again, “less”.

cooperation instead of competition - does not exist, but arguably i could have added “more” here.

So judging by all of this, you simply lied when saying “everything already exists”. You either didnt read the points, didnt understand the points or plain out ignored them and said they exist. They dont! It is obvious and evident!
Pathetic!

According to the developers response it might be and spreading the lie that it wont be does not make it any more true.
Again: Pathetic!

How about reading the article and stop sending people on a wild goose chase. Provide a link or shut it.
Pathetic!

Then continue playing FFA. You are not forced to play the option others enjoy. Dont be so full of envy.

Ploot is not in d3. D3 has smart loot and personalized loot. You are simply showing that you have no idea what d3 is, how it works and what we are suggesting with ploot.
It is - again - pathetic!

We are aware of that and therefore FFA will still be an option to play with alongside Ploot.
Because quite a lot of people want to play the original game with ploot.

How are you going to prove that it is not the exact opposite?
Everyone is for changes apart from several individuals that spam the forum for no changes?

Until then, you are just making wild claims without any real source for them.

Which is - you guessed it - PATHETIC!

1 Like

And ploot is just the way to find these people.
Quite a QoL change.

Nice to hear that it worked for you in the old system.
But that doesnt mean that a different way to find these people is not better.

2 Likes

Incorrect.
Once you go full circle, you will find out that you will still get the same items as in an FFA game, but you do not have to frantically click for them after literally every boss kill.

That is the difference. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors by the anti-ploot crowd.

And that is why the devs will have the last word on it. They will be collecting, curating, reviewing, redesigning, implementing, testing and revisioning it eventually.

We can only collect our preferences.

1 Like

Ploot isn’t a QoL change, ploot is a radical change to the loot system, which is even more profound considering that D2/R is a game considered to be the king of looters.

You will not be getting what you demand, it has been confirmed by Rod that ploot will not be in D2R, really, at some point you will need to accept this, however difficult it may be.

1 Like

From a couple days ago:

From VentureBeat interview that was just released, it sounds like they want to start with an authentic experience and then make changes if the players want them.

The RetroBeat – Diablo II: Resurrected readies for launch during a dark time at Blizzard | VentureBeat

Even the original game director thinks that FFA loot is not fundamental/core to D2/D2:LoD.

Comment in Favor of Instancing loot and Removing Stamina Bar - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

Gutted ladder? Guessing you are referring to ladder items being made in non ladder?

Either way, ladder serves the same purpose and the items on ladder have a different economy. Non ladder doesn’t matter, it’s where items go to die.

Ah, but the quest for Infinity was one of my primary ladder goals. Now, why bother… :confused:

It isn’t. Here’s what I was responding to:

And this ^ is factually incorrect. Group play is, by far, the most efficient gearing method.

Hope this clarifies.

Which you’d still have, so… where’s the problem?

I don’t know if there’s “many” versions. But even if there are, they have the main tenets in common.

Also, I didn’t realize it was the players’ job to decide what’s best for the game as a whole. Thought that was the developers.

Seems like you have a lot of people to go argue with, then, who insist multiplayer is only for experience gain.

1 Like

There’s no point in arguing with people about their subjective personal experiences. The objective fact of the matter is that it is far, far better to play in a group - except for rune farming.

I don’t want to open a can of worms and start something again that’s already been discussed but group play is not the most efficient.

Solo mf runs are by far the most efficient gearing method in D2. That’s a fact.

2 Likes

While I’m not just trying to assume you are wrong, It would be much more helpful if you explain why group play is more efficient. I feel like 8 players can farm much more quickly in 8 separate games than together in 1 game with slightly more item drops? Am I wrong?

Can you help me understand with the logic and not the statement?

4 Likes

nope

need more chars

1 Like

Great! Glad that your fact has absolutely no impact on mine. Enjoy solo mfing for a few months!

I was simply giving you the truth so that you can consider it before expressing your beliefs onto others without proof. I don’t care how it impacts you but I was concerned for others.

How kind of you, to teach people in D2 that the absolute best mf method is solo play on battle net.

Keep at it!

This is harder than trying to convince flat earth believers that earth isn’t flat. I won’t comment on it any further. Do as you like.

1 Like

I do as I like, thanks for the permission. It is so valuable to me.

You heard it here folks, though: by far, the most efficient way to mf in D2R is solo play.

1 Like

It actually is. Why do you think almost everyone says groups are for xp and solo for items?

4 Likes