I think im gonna do it

And yes, LoD has more leveling areas.

Classic is more about itemization, efficiency, and teamwork.

No one has hit 99 since 1.09, so the experience argument doesn’t matter too much. The highest level anyone would likely go is 95 to gamble +2s, and it takes months even for bots.

I am preparing hardcore guide for all characters so i am curious if strategicaly would not be better to finish game in classic and then transfer to lod.

You can transfer chars to lod right? I completely forgot that lol.

yeah, people do that for SOJS to bring to LOD mid ladder after they have farmed as many as they can.

1 Like

I think getting to hell act3 on expansion is better, especially for hardcore than trying it in classic, for a number of reasons.

By the time you beat Act 3 and transfer to Hell act1, you will be under leveled to the average expansion character, not have chances at the runes/early runewords like stealth/rhyme/spirit, etc…you’ll essentially be behind, likely.

Is it possible you’ll be ahead of the players in expansion at that point? yes. I don’t think it’s enough of an advantage to do it at the start of a ladder season to be worth it, unless your spec can clear pits really easily solo, and safely.

1 Like

for me personally, i dont like rushing through act5, so you can Crush lvl 1’s to hell a4 then power lvl from 25 - 60 or 70 in hell cs or whatever then xfer to xpac and rush act5 once and do baal runs. its a Boosters method for paid leveling services if not mistaking.

2 Likes

Classic is super fun! I will probably end up making a classic character later in the ladder or else maybe start one during the second season. I just wish they’d get the bigger stash and shared stash tab too…

If you get a chance, someone has a topic about the classic stash here: [Classic] The Shared Stash

I like leveling with 7 other people. Baal runs IS THE META to level up in a group in the current version of the game. So if I want to level up with people this is my only choice… Not sure how you dont understand that.

Chaos Santuary is more open and takes strategy to coral enemies and not get too overwhelmed, much more interesting than Baal runs.

I know there are synergies and stuff still in classic, im only refering to the patches as how it was back in the day.

SOMETIMES LESS IS MORE MY FRIEND!

No its not, any area 85 is good for exp up to 96 or even 97.

I do but you lack knowledge where to exp as you know only baalruns.

Even Geezer above who is classic player admitted that you are more limited than in lod in exp locations.

You will have only chaos runs. I am not sure how is that better than several options in lod.

Yes, I can level up in those areas SOLO if I wanted to but I want to play with other people. Other people mostly do baal runs consistently online. I’m done talking with you because all you care about is “winning” over understanding anyones perspective

Lol what? :slight_smile:

I really dont get your logic. You want to switch one location because you claim there is nothing else for another location which is only location to run for xp at higher level. Also so if people you know are playing baalruns they would not play classic chaos runs with you right? Am I missing something?

Why not find players who will run lod chaos runs? Plenty of people is doing chaos runs. Even randoms in public.

If you want to play classic, its fine go for it. But points you made why makes no sense. Just saying.

Dont you think that you will be fed up with chaos runs after some time just like with baalruns? After all you have same monsters there all the time and 3 same unique monsters + same boss.

Wordstone keep has for example many monster variations and combinations.

Classic has the old barb whirlwind! before it was made trash deffo going to be trying it out.

1 Like

How is it different?

it used to hit a set amount of frames no matter your IAS, they changed it to take in to account wep IAS in later patches which destroyed it forcing barbs in to BOTD runword as you need 35% ias on single handed wep to reach max ww attacks per frame and 70%! ias on 2 handed, and only IAS on your wep helps IAS any where is useless.

Well it kind of does make sense, i mean its logical that you should not swing so fast with two handled weapon.

Maybe it would be interesting to have strength lowering your ias caps for two handled weapons.

agree for sure wep speed should count for APS , but they went way over board 60-70ias on 2handed is just insanely high only 1 wep in the game that dose that, and its not like you lose a lil bit of damage here we are talking 3-4 APS.

Hm? Tal Rasha is available in Classic?

You reminded me of a sad day and the builds!! Not my precious builds. I was so pissed at 1.10 for a long time. 1.09 ftw!

No there is no Tal set in Classic. No exceptional or Elite set or uniques at all.

Try my sorc build it is in the list of builds under the D2R Sorceresss section. It is single player viable in classic. Killing fire/cold immunes does take a decent amount of time to kill though.

Before more modern speed running techniques were discovered crushing aka classic rushing was the fastest way known and that was in 1.13. It was true for several years after that and then people started doing it faster in LoD.

Yea I’m not saying Chaos can’t be beaten by a solo sorc in 1p games…it’s just that it takes nearly forever and isn’t worth the effort on a regular basis, when barbs and dins can do it at 10x the speed. Sorc isn’t all that much fun to solo in Classic, imo.

2 Likes