I really do not understand the Zumi nerf

I don’t understand the Zumi nerf. Pets with Helltooth now do 37,500% damage up from 17K after a Wall of Death spam for 15 sec, but Zumi’s reduces the damage to 13,000% from 15K after a mana spender for 8 sec. Zumi is not a 150 build although the poison dart build could near to it if they hadn’t nerfed the Alter. Granted with 8000 paragon most anything can get to 150.

4 Likes

We don’t get any of the WD nerrfs.

3 Likes

WD is by far and away the red-headed step child of D3. It has had the lowest average clears for many of the last several seasons. So to balance they:

give Jade a much needed big buff,
buff Htooth,
nerf semi-competitive build Mundudnunddudngu
heavy nerf on a semi-competitive Arachs
and slight nerf on Zuni.

It appears they are trying to balance the class sets with each other and don’t care if they all suck in comparison to the other 6 classes.

3 Likes

I do understand the not caring about the comparison to the other classes. Still all the set nerfs they did are not really needed with the WD. The Helltooth buff is a big overkill since that set was more powerful than Zuni in the first place. A nerf on a specific wpn or other item would make better sense since the 150 contender for Zuni is a poison dart build. Nerf what is causing the runaway build not the entire set. I am just wondering if there are any D3 players left on the D3 programing crew?

Some builds also needed a rework and not just a buff, WD builds are famously clunky.

Yes, yes they are. The hybrid builds do speed them up some.

Its super confusing why zuni is getting a slap. Trend is nerfing group trash killer/potential TK, but zuni doesnt fit in group nor is it a solo outlier. Only explanation white knight for Blizzard is they dont want touch zuni toughness issues and dropping its usage rate / pushing players to tougher sets like Helltooth.

1 Like

Yea Zuni nerf make no sense! Look at board for S29…. zuni terrible!

Or at nonseason board…. Zuni not so good here either! Need over 10k paragon to do 150… not strong set!

Nerf to Mund SB not make sense either, I think this also need over 10k paragon to do 150!

2 Likes

That should be it. Nothing changed item or strategy-wise besides the addition of Altar. Gotta ask this though; could resource replenish on critical hits and permanent crowd control immunity be too overpowered for Zunimassa to have? I mean, Tal Rasha and Trag’Oul got a nerf and my guess is that they nerfing anything that could heavily benefit from passive gains to see the results at the next Season or the PTR. Because after Altar embedded in, those classes will not have to worry about crowd control. Perhaps development team seen no harm at removing some of the power since effort required to maintain those builds would be less than what it used to be.

1 Like

You might be on to something. Still WD builds over all fall behind compared to the other class builds. That’s why it’s questionable to balance builds with in the class, instead of compareing all of them to eachother.

CC immune is for all builds yeah? Sure zuni has huge QoL benefits along with all solo or non zB grouped meta. With apoc (resource on crit stealing wiz term), dagger of dart is a signature skill.

Perhaps you are more solo minded, think SB as group trash killer and look at anything remotely possible as TK, such as Masquerade Bone Spear, DMO Twister etc.

2 Likes

My impression too from my first look at the patch notes.

This is the wrong way to do balancing. People will just start pushing each season with the strongest class going forward and that’s not healthy.

Every class needs at least one build that, at the same paragon, is as competitive with other class’ top build.

3 Likes

At first, I didn’t know why Zuni was nerfed, but later I found out that if Zuni was nerfed, I would be able to play LOD POISON DART,so zuni’s nerf is none of my business. Anyway, this is the balance between LOD and SET

Zuni is very fragile, and its 6-p set mechanism is also very poor. Being nerfed is not a bad thing. If you want to play poison dart, you can play LoD posion dart.

Couldn’t believe that they are nerfing Zuni when I read the patch notes.

Having to hit enemies with a spirit spender to do damage was already a pretty clunky mechanism.

Blizzard keeps hitting the builds that I love: they destroyed the only pet set of Necromancers to give us a clunky playstyle, Inna was turned into a zero damage build until your cooldown comes along, Marauder is getting nerfed this season too.

The only good things in this patch for me is that they didn’t touch the Immortal King set and the Crusader Hammer build got a much needed QOL change.

2 Likes

But it isn’t enough. It needs faster FS jumps and they should merge supporting lego items to make it work more smoother. Seeker set is one of the sets that also needs a buff in multipliers.

With all these WD nerfs to the builds I have on my HC WD that I rarely play, I’m thinking maybe I should bin him and start a new WD in SC. Anyway, we’ll see which WD rock going forward.

Oh I completely agree. Besides a damage buff the set also needed a boost in survivability (but it’s been a while since I played).

The falling sword change was something that should have been corrected a long time ago.

Really though, all similar mechanics need that change.

I don’t think development team looks at Leaderboards when balancing any kind of build, but consider the effort required to maintain it at minimal level instead. So any outcries about your “power level” is meaningless to them; higher the effort, higher the power granted. When changes brought forth a modicum amount of differences and ease to decision making, they acknowledge that and do tweaks accordingly.

I will give a call to development team here and ask CC immunity node (Omen) of Altar to be nerfed slightly and brought down to 20-30% reduction from crowd control instead. After that, those direct nerfs onto Trag’Oul, Zunimassa and Tal Rasha need to be considered again.

To argue my point further, I’ll remind that you kept Father potion effect for random Shrines, and this would grant enough cooldown reduction to upkeep most of the ultimate skills for CC immunity. From what I recall, Passability through enemies (Revelation) and extra movement speed (Exodus) would give enough positioning advantage.
In case build doesn’t use or have any kind of CC immunity at hand, those still should suffice and will force player to break away from committing their damage output.

seeker still needs +7GR buff.ptr 2.7.7 seeker is still a trash.