I don't get why people are against ploot

Just more assumptions. Which is one of the (many) reasons these threads are so stupid. It’s people spewing “logic” spun the way that fits their narrative and treating it as gospel.

Here’s some rough group ploot vs solo numbers, figuring the drops from Baal only:

Ploot Baal game. Players 3+ equals a zero nodrop chance from Baal:
3 min 8 man public Baal (6 items/8 players) = 0.75 drops per game. 0.25 drops per minute.
3 min 6 man public Baal (6 items/6 players) = 1 drop per game. 0.33 drops per minute.
3 min 3 man public Baal (6 items/3 players) = 2 drops per game. 0.66 drops per minute.
3 min 2 man public Baal (5 items/2 players) = 2.5 drops per game. 1.25 drops per minute.

Solo Baal game. 1 player equals roughly 33% nodrop chance from Baal:
10 minute solo Baal (4 items) = 4 drops per game. 0.4 drops per minute.
5 minute solo Baal (4 items) = 4 drops per game. 0.8 drops per minute.
3 minute solo Baal (4 items) = 4 drops per game. 1.33 drops per minute.

Still want ploot? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yeah this is exactly why I’m like “wut?” when people talk about this topic. It’s like they don’t think about what will happen when someone inevitably hits a bad run of luck and gets a cracked sash or equivalent or nothing at all for like 8 runs straight.

This is why it should be up to people not trolling forums. They understand that ideas like this need to be looked at from a multitude of angles–not just the one that suits what you think you want in this game.

2 Likes

You forgot to mention if the last hit player has no magic find they get even less rares

1 Like

Yeah, I’m just trying to get the drops/minute through the adamantium barrier.

It won’t happen bro, that barrier is just too darn thick! Might need to try approaching it with crayons and sparkles to get them to pay attention lol

Cross platform play. If you want more details you can check my posting history.

They’ll still press on… IF ploot comes and they see how it really works, then they’ll want massive boosts to drop rates. IF massive increased drops come, then we’ll have D3 all over again.

5 Likes

stop with the ploot crusade. It’s getting more silly each time new topic is created.

2 Likes

I hope not that’s why istopped playing d3
I get excited in d2 when a rare drops been playing on an off for 20 years never completed a set and only had 15 uniques drop
That’s the fun of d2 for me

It would make it so that you can’t see everything that dropped, and it also would allow people to receive loot automatically even if they’re sitting out of danger in a baal run, not really actively participating, aka leaching.

The game works, always has, stop changing it.

5 Likes

Are you certain about that?

The game was designed with the current loot system years ago. I’m not aware of any intentions to change it for D2R from interviews or developer posts.

They have said its not getting changed as far as I know

I think a lot of them are part of the botting community (or depend on the botting supply chain) and enjoy the game for botting and trading/selling those ill gotten gains. Currently they rely on other players to join their games so they can get a /players 8 on battlenet. If there is a personal loot option then not as many people will be willing to play with bots that run Pickit scripts and get all the loot.

So they’re either botters, don’t understand the argument, or simply just caught in a psychological backfire effect.

But I’ll I think you’ll find a huge correlation between anti-plooters and D2JSP users.

1 Like

Till its past refund point then who knows what bad faith may take place

Tcp was the first, now is your last chance to refund if ffa being removed will ruin the game for you, refund while you still can, because once purists cant refund anymore, who knows what blizzard will do to attract more casuals

Won’t spoil it for me I self find have done for the last 10 years

Never botted and I’ve never used d2jsp.

I’m actually completely against botting. Sure I’ve reaped the rewards of botting through leeching in baal runs. But I dont like that it saturates the economy.

If botting is ever stopped and drop rates need to be tweaked then I’m all for that. Still think FFA loot is the way to go.

1 Like

Ploot destroys the game cohesion and atmosphere, people who want ploot want to play single player in a multiplayer game, which is how they played their MMO’s.

4 Likes

Yes, but back in the day how many items being floated around in trade were gotten by bots? Are you saying we should encourage people to keep needing bots just to sustain demand

1 Like