I cant believe how many of you are asking for changes

They already got their game mechanic changes in 2012. Now they are just being greedy.

I completely understand and entirely agree that the game should for the most part stay true. I think the most basic of quality of life stuff might help interest new players.

I am 100% happy if they allow modding support in a decent way and just allow me to play single player/lan with my friends using the same mods.

3 Likes

Diablo 2 is a masterpiece and is perfectly imperfect. Yes there are mods out there with what some people would consider improvements when in reality it’s just different. If someone took a Picasso painting and touched it up so visually it looks better to some people it ruins the painting because those imperfections were the work of Picasso. Summon druids are terrible, they don’t need a buff, Enigma is overpowered, it doesn’t need a nerf. If you start changing stuff it changes the core of what the game is and it won’t be Diablo 2 anymore.

7 Likes

Exactly, very well said.

Yes very close to a masterpiece. I only want two things:
a few shared stash tabs
all runewords work outside ladder aswell

3 Likes

You say not to touch up Picasso paintings and at the same time same Enigma is OP but doesn’t need a nerf.

I’m not entirely sure, but I think the people who painted Diablo 2 were mostly gone before patch 1.11, so does that mean certain runewords and changes should be removed? To be fair they may have done most the work on 1.11, but still, we are on 1.14.

You can always play original d2 if u don’t want too many chages.

6 Likes

And you can play diablo 3 if you don’t want to play diablo 2

4 Likes

I think Windows 10 compatibility and crash fixes are probably OK to fix in D2R… 1.11 was the last substantial changes to the game which was in 2005. I also don’t want D2R to be vanilla D2 because the changes they made between Vanilla and 1.11 are what made the game the greatest game of all time.

1 Like

Well said !
This is D2, if you want a new game - this is not the place.

4 Likes

They are already giving extra inventory space in the form of stash tabs. I don’t see why you’d need more than that. I never understood the need for loot filters when you can just look for what you want on the ground or using the alt key to highlight items. Have people really become so lazy that they cannot be bothered to distinguish items by a visual scan of the names? Balance changes might be nice in some respects because we all know that there are classes with more or less useless skills that could be made more open so that there are more viable builds overall and even in the old days of D2 those kinds of buffs/nerfs were happening from patch to patch.

But I also think there is value in leaving the game to play the way it has because there is a reason it was such a monumental game that has influenced and left it’s mark on the world. If Blizzard wants to introduce this game to a new generation of players that have never touched it before they should give them the true experience of it. It doesn’t play like a modern ARPG and may not have the “amenities” newer players are used to but there is a value in that as well. Not everything in newer games is necessarily a good thing and many players may discover that the challenges that a simpler interface and less hand-holding from the devs have an appeal all their own.

In watching the update to D4 that came out alongside D2R, I found that the simplicity and uncluttered nature of D2 was quite refreshing from the flashy, superhero-effects of the Rogue class being demonstrated. There was no barrage of damage numbers blocking the view of the characters on screen.

Hopefully others can come to find that elegant simplicity as engrossing as I have.

5 Likes

Hehe no point arguing because D2R its not Diablo 2 :grinning:

3 Likes

I can see the appeal to stackable runes, pots, etc, but personal loot rolls is a trash idea and ruins the trading which was literally the soul of d2. Some of the things people are asking for just isn’t for d2…so it shouldn’t be implemented now or ever.

1 Like

“D2R is not Diablo 2”. It’s a Remaster. It’s the same game with flashier graphics, but the same game mechanics.

6 Likes

I read that Blizzard North announced shutdown August 1, 2005 and D2 patch 1.11 was released August 11, 2005. I assume they made the patch.

Some would argue the prime of Diablo 2 was patch 1.09 though. I like a mix between the 2. I liked when Bloody Hills and Cows were viable EXP spots. I also enjoy Chaos and Baal runs.

1.14 makes most sense though, but I don’t see why they can’t add a new expansion or content patch that is optional at character creation that allows for new changes to be made. Or just give me the mods and I’m all good.

2 Likes

No its not even small change like shered stash will change economy imagine u can collect all gems low runes etc without trading for them back in d2 only our beloved noobs where collecting them

2 Likes

Some people on here are so crazy, apparently many people are not happy with the legendary game that D2 already is right now. “Well I think there need to be puppies in Diablo 2, because there aren’t enough puppies, can we please have some puppies?”. “I don’t think D2 plays enough like D3, let’s make it more like D3 pleeeeeze”. “Can we just have any unique we want handed to us the moment we login?”. “Can I instantly level to 99 when I hit my first enemy?”. These are comical exaggerations obviously but some of the suggestions I’ve seen are so ridiculous.

6 Likes

Really depends on how you look at it. The only D2 mods I’ve enjoyed enough to play for a decent an amount of time are PlugY(for grail) and PD2, which was a nice change of pace but not the same. The game will have mod support, please just keep the big changes in the mods.

3 Likes

People already did collect all runes and gems. They would have multiple accounts with mules and hoard them for crafting. I had characters full of gems to reforge grand charms at item lvl 50 to get skill charms.

The only thing Stash space and shared stash does is help stop people from spamming their friends to stay in a game while they transfer. Super annoying.

1 Like

“No its not even small change like shered stash will change economy imagine u can collect all gems low runes etc without trading for them back in d2 only our beloved noobs where collecting them”

Your stash is already effectively unlimited in d2 because you can create mules. This will do nothing negative to the economy. It’s just a pure convenience factor. It does not change the amount of effective stash storage that you have. I have 3 mules full of tokens on my main account, so how is it any different if I have it on those mule chars vs in a few shared stash tabs? The shared stash tab is really just meant to facilitate transfers between characters anyways so there will still be muling just like there is now. Your argument makes no sense.

2 Likes