Hydras not attacking certain mobs

Hi there, i noticed that the hydras are not attacking certain mobs. This happens with Slime Spewers and worms. I found myself having trouble completing the “Clear the Cave of Burrowing Horrors” bounty. You need to kill Shaitan the Broodmother but the hydras are just standing there.
Thanks!

This is a bug that’s already been reported. Don’t know if they are aware of it, though…

So, yeah - sucks hard. If you’re running LoD Hydra with a channeling skill, you can at least do something about those mobs yourself… the TV set on the other hand is pretty much helpless, since other skills won’t be buffed by it and deal so puny damage that it takes an age to kill them. This definitly needs to be addressed.

Ty for the answer. I searched for this but i couldn’t find anything about this. I do run the TV set and it’s annoying as hell. As for the LoD Hydra, i just started putting this together so i can’t rely on it atm.

Is this for split bounty games?

Just don’t do bounties where you know there are enemies like that. Pick acts/bounties that you can do and leave those for the rest of the group.

Or have another build in your armory you can swap to to do those bounties.

I know that’s a bit annoying, but I wouldn’t count on a fix any time soon. Just find a workaround that works for you. They have to be aware of the bug at this point, there’s been enough threads/reports about it. And it’s actually been in the game for years, it’s just not until now that more people started caring about it. But there’s pretty much zero chance they’ll fix it this season. And honestly, I wouldn’t hold your breath for a fix next patch cycle either.

I think that there may be some technical limitations for the code for certain pets that prevents them from properly fixing this bug. Otherwise it probably would have been fixed by now. It happens with some other pets too and they never fixed those ones either. They might not be able to fix it with the way the code for those pets is currently written, and they probably aren’t going to rewrite the code for those pets from scratch at this point. So I wouldn’t hold your breath for a fix, just try to find a solution that works for you.

Or just say that you can’t clear vile cavern or w/e because of pet behavior, nobody will say anything negative.

I am speeding so fast on my TV hydra wiz on HC season through bounties that nobody will mind if I can’t complete 1 or 2 in specific acts as I easily make up with 5th act.

Had this same issue as well. I ended up portaling back to town, switching to the LOD set, going back to kill the slime spewers to complete the quest.

I had to call in help from a Barb to kill the slime spewers in the viles caverns as my Hydras thought they were their friends :kiss:

Try using un-runed hydras. They will attack mobs which other hydras do not.

Glad that is working for you, meanwhile there is ONE bounty with a demon immune to cold dmg. As SB WD is impossible to harm, so there ya go, wiz has one up the WD! xD

Change your rune to Well of Souls to complete the bounty, then change it back when you’re done?

Damage will always be cold thanks to gazing demise ^^

But it’s fine really, I just tell the guys I can’t complete that specific one and it’s all good, am doing them really fast so there’s no objection :wink:

tested on PTR. frost hydra will target slime spewers now. also tested with Clear the Cave of Burrowing Horrors quest.

4 Likes