How Will D2 Remastered Mesh With Project D2?

Is SCR, online only or does it have an offline component? If so then there may be a chance for mods.

A quick Google search says that you need to create a profile first and then you can play online(so basically one time verification).

I imagine D2R would have offline and by extension automatically have modding, regardless of if they officially support it or not.

1 Like

No wonder they’re so desperate for D4 to have open trading, because they can’t make cash off that outdated pixelated dead horse.

3 Likes

So there you go. As long as they can seperate the offline files, from making their way online, then I would expect mods to be able to be made. Will the current ones work? Doubtful since it will be a new gsme not a new skin.

Blizzard knows the issues trading causes that’s why the best gear can’t be traded. Now, what counts as the best gear we have to wait and see. Hopefully that will be cleared up in a few weeks.

After a Diablo II HD remasted, game will be alive 20 more years +

1 Like

You are out there man. People play the mods. The original game is falling behind hard. Wiping out that scene in exchange for more centralized ownership and new graphics is awful.

1 Like

I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Both SC:R and WC3:R retained their offline features (well, in the case of War3 I don’t know if they actually got around to enable custom campaigns again tho)

Your takes are epicly awful. And why do you post so much on D3 forums when you barely have playtime?

1 Like

Focus on the second half of his name, and your answer will be revealed.

1 Like

In that case, is this announcement not a baleful and terrible one?

What announcement? There has been no announcement.

Again, I don’t see the purpose of remastering d2 graphics for the same game we played to death. It’s literally adding a new coat of paint to a turd (or whatever that unfortunate expression is).

There needs to be a few modest updates.

1 Like

People do pay for the same game with updated graphics though. Otherwise there wouldn’t be so many of those remasters that barely changes anything other than making the game run in 16:9 and touching up the hud.

Not everyone has played D2 death. New generations has grown up, who hardly have heard about Diablo 2.
And for those who have played D2 to death, it can still be a fun nostalgia trip.

Command and Conquer 1 and Red Alert 1 released as remasters in 2020. Do they have great RTS gameplay in 2020? No, quite awful in some ways. But damn, that was one heck of a nostalgia trip.

1 Like

I have my doubts about Diablo 2 being an attractive game for new generations though. I’ve tried to get some of my teenage nephews into it, they got bored of it in seconds and said “all you do in this game is kill monsters, it’s boring”. I feel like sandbox/survival games with elements like crafting and explortion have become the norm rather than the traditional kill monsters to get loot experiences of the 2000’s

1 Like

They may have been too young. But in essence, I agree. Diablo 2 is showing it’s age and needs a bit of TLC.

1 Like

For some yeah. But you still have millions upon millions who could probably not care less about such games.

It’s a remaster. An upgrade to graphics and maybe a few QoL changes is all it needs to be.

Like I said earlier, Diablo 4 is the game that’s trying to improve everything and make changes to the formula.

Take something like the Command and Conquer Remaster that came out last year. That’s a game I’ve played to death and I was more than happy with it basically just being a graphics update. It’s all that it needed to be, and I hope they remaster Tiberium Sun and Red Alert 2 in the same fashion.

It’s also a game that by all accounts seems to be considered a success even if it didn’t reignite the RTS genre. It did what it set out to do.

Unless you’re planning on a full blown reimagining like Resident Evil 2, I feel like a remaster really only needs to be a graphical upgrade in most cases.

A remaster isn’t something that needs to sell millions of copies and be a smash hit in order to not fail. Blizzard already has a Diablo game that is aiming to be that game.

There isn’t much need for them to try to compete with themselves in that arena.

I’m of the school of thought that remasters should be made to preserve a classic experience, not to make it modern.

For example, even if they don’t change the graphics at all, there are still some things that need to be done to the game, like support for modern resolutions. We have 4k and ultrawide monitors, and Diablo 2 goes as high as 800x600. But no real gameplay changes. That’s what mods are for.

I personaly think those remasters are a product for the old fans, not for new ones.

1 Like