How to confuse annoying purists against any change

Because it is a stupid question that only you think is valid. It’s like me asking you why a hedgehog can’t fly and then demanding you explain it, it’s just a stupid question. However, against my better judgement, I’ll bite.

V1.01 to V1.14 IS diablo 2, and apart from minor things, it changes very little… and then along you come and say “well, if those horrible purists were okay with tiny bug fixes, surely they can’t complain about personal loot, hand shake pvp, mounts, wings, transmogs, microtransactions, pets, new acts, new modes and rifts… those stupid purists, oh we got them now!”… That is how you come across to me.

10 Likes

Here before the remaster not remake argument

It is a valid question. D2/D2:LoD has changed as a function of time. If the claim is D2/D2R is a masterpiece that should not be modified significantly, which patch is the best incarnation of that masterpiece?

3 Likes

The original is D2 as it is right now. So 1.14. That is how D2 ended up.
Which doesn’t mean D2 right now is at its best. 1.09 for life!

Maybe some modders will restore 1.09 for singleplayer at least.

2 Likes

So by what you are saying:

• step1: Add all the changes and content they want in a patch called 1.15

• Step 2: release that patch on the original game making it “an original patch”

• Step 3: Release D2r based on the current version of the Original(1.15)

• Step 4: watch Purists cry in confusion

1 Like

You have a thousand games out there that have what you are looking for, but you won’t play them, instead, you are here, demanding changes to a game that doesn’t have what you are looking for.

The subject of radically changing D2R to suit yourself is such an obsession for you, that you are setting yourself up for a serious fall with this game, that’s why I implore you to play D3, it has all that watered down stuff you are demanding, but you won’t play it, instead you come here and try to force changes.

6 Likes

No, intend matters. Changing the original game years later, with the purpose of updating it for a remaster, is not remotely keeping the game as it was. That is the Warcraft 3 Reforged way.

And I am not saying D2R should be kept as D2 was. Have two realms, one with 1.14 forever after, and another with changes. Problem solved.

i totally agree with that

but again you will have factions of purists asking for 1.07 realm, 1.08 realm, 1.09 realm, 1.10 realm, but thats wouldnt anymore be the problem of those with a brain that enjoy improvements

avoided the question that was asked in the original post and thereafter.

Please quote where in this thread you said patch 1.XX was the best D2/D2:LoD patch.

Lets see. You have made four posts in this thread. All are quoted below.

Not here

Note here and you explicitly state it is a stupid question. Also, 1.09 is quite different from 1.10 which is quite different from 1.06.

Not here either

Not here either

If we are lucky, those previous patches might be playable offline, if modders can restore them. Like they are in current D2 => perfectly remastered in that sense too :slight_smile: I cant open D2 up now and play 1.07 on closed battlenet either.

So there were 0 game changing content patches from 2005 to 2010. Five years after Blizzard North shut down. So you know what that means, my tin foil hat was right. There weren’t Diablo 2 devs sitting at a desk getting paid to do nothing during that time. Whoever it was was working on WoW at the time. And they come back 5 years later to patch D2 with questionable changes.

If I had to choose a sweet spot for D2, it would be 1.11, since that was done in 2005, right after a major game balancing patch.

Which changes were these?

How is 1.10\1.11 a valid patch and not 1.15

1.10 was as much not a Blizzard North Patch as 1.15 would be

How are 1.10 detrimental changes acceptable but not 1.15 changes that aim to improve the game

It’s more valid to me because that was Blizzard North in their prime (well 1.09 was I guess). Kind of like Anderson The Spider Silva in his prime during his UFC reign.

1.15 is still a valid patch to me as long as it’s community motivated and heavily regulated the same way Riot Games treats League of Legends, with integrity and respect for the piece.

Blizzard didn’t give a rats a** about Diablo 3. That’s what happens when a game dev just simply doesn’t give a good god damn.

I think VV is different than Blizzard. They can be trusted to do a good job that serves everyone in the community.

1 Like

I agree with what you said

only thing i disagree is

everything after 1.09 wasnt made by Blizzard North, it was made by Blizzard Ent, North stopped working onD2 on 1.09 as they were working full time on D3

so if your basis for “the true diablo 2 version” is Blizzard north, everything after 1.09 is invalid somwhat

1 Like

I’m not really into conspiracy stuff… until now haha.

1 Like

this thread sounds like a excuse to pollute Diablo 2R with unnecessary changes.

I have played diablo since 1.09 or a bit before, cant remember, but even i didnt like some of the newer changes.

Just because they did changes in D2 doesnt mean they should go overboard with changes in D2R, you see how people like/dislike D2 patches.
Now people want even more changes… doesnt sound good to me.

Do the people that want drastic changes actually want this game to be like D2 at all? or do they just want something like D3(in D2 skin) easy going ARPG that gives you stuff for little effort?

Leave D2R be, we will get D4. we will get loads of changes :joy: you can even play Diablo Immortal if you want changes!

2 Likes

Oh this tired argument again eh? If you are going to tell people to go play d4, don’t get mad when you get told to go play d2 original.

1 Like

lol, still kinda funny how D2R is supposed to be a remastered with a few QoL tho while people try to drastically change it so it is no longer D2-like

3 Likes