How much fun is D3 season 29?

For the 6 set conquest at GR55, I played DH (5 sets) and bought orbs umtil I had enough Tal orbs to convert to a full set and then started playing wizard.

1 Like

Season 29 started on 15th September, i.e. 12 days ago. Just done a quick check in-game and I’ve played for a total of 16 hours 4 minutes (most of which was opening weekend), and haven’t even finished the Season Journey yet (this season’s Conquests are a tedious combo). The fissures mechanic isn’t interesting enough at end-game, and the paragon cap means that even if I get Guardian done, I’m unlikely to play after that.

While I do find the season very enjoyable, the cap is the worst thing about it

1 Like

I see some of the same people on both the D3 and D4 forum always complaining about something. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

The good thing about the cap is that I don’t feel compelled to grind several thousand paragon points.

Not a fan of the cap. But it is what it is.

2 Likes

But that is what some people live for. They love to grind that paragon like a dog chasing a ball.

1 Like

If one chose to cripple their game play by playing solo, then your complaints are invalid about S26. I filled nearly two stash tabs with 125 gems because I ran public group shares. At some point, I just started leaving them on the ground.

Duh? You are a true master of wordsmitheology.

Oh yeah, there are folks that somehow find D:Bore “enjoyable” too. It’s too bad 99% of the playerbase quit that game already. It’s clear that folks aren’t enjoying this D3 season either. The true end game of this season is the forum; that is the tell-tale of any bad development decisions.

Here’s how you know it is a dead season: deserted public games; very easy to get a spot on a leaderboard; forum activity indicating players are not pleased.

1 Like

I have the LoD gem after 20 hours of play. Managed to get it leveled to 25 in case I get any ancient legendaries. Haven’t gotten one yet in HC.

This is catch 22. Can’t progress without gear upgrades, can’t get gear upgrades without progressing. Have tried to imbue gear for more defense and life. Can’t find the quiver that works with Yangs Recurve or a puzzle ring/boon of the hoarder. Just the tip of the disappointment iceburg.

I’ll give it some more time but if something doesn’t happen soon that’s positive I’ll just stop and get back into it in season 30.

No, not even a little.

1 Like

Nothing is going to happen soon, are you expecting them to change the season theme?

1 Like

Complaints of solo players are just as valid as those of group players.

1 Like

The worst two seasons by a landslide are Season 18 (triune season was absolutely awful) and Season 26 (really hard to enjoy a season theme when it almost NEVER drops).

1 Like

I stopped playing D4 but have hope that it will improve in the future when I presumably will play again.

You will notice that I am not making a ton of complaint posts on the D4 forums.

I and others are enjoying D3 this season. You can look at the wizard leaderboards as an example.

1 Like

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/24009617/tune-in-to-our-next-developer-update-livestream

I was in the last chapter of D4 s1 but I stopped to play s29 which was fun for a week.

My favorite part of the season is the start of the season, so I start it on several places. Now, I have a new place to start it again, SSF. So I have enjoyed it.

1 Like

I actually really enjoy s29.

First off as a casual player who would play more but a somewhat limited on how often I do as other friends get bored with it so fast, I am enjoying it. Friends are loving the fissures as materials seem less a grind. (Side note is they they are running more and more bounties now that they have the fissures to break them up) P800 seems doable to them and they have no issue trying to achieve that as they are able to have mats and db along the way. Everyone is able to if they want have a perfectly rolled primary weapon by use of ashes.

The disparity in gear is less so now you pretty much need to just augment gear with primary stat as you can and you have then the deciding factor turns to skill in the leader boards. Sure there is some with luck of GR and drops as normal, but more you play more loot so better gear, but not a huge discrepancy.

I can play as much as I want in SSF and work on leader boards there and not feel I am leaving friends behind in power creep either.

I can see fissures remaining in both, but maybe spawn rate at 50 or 25% in normal season versus SSF season. I still plead for games over Torment VI to quit dropping white blue and yellow gear and instead just drop materials. No one running greater than T6 has any use for a blue quiver or white gloves.

So basically this season makes it so people who don’t want to grind 3K paragon can play, have fun, and attempt to be on leader board. It should be fun and not work, most people lose interest fairly quickly because they realize they have no chance for leader boards, but now everyone does and I think that is a good thing. I see some 150 on SSF and it allows for pretty good gauge on how classes fair against each other. I see some other classes that are not at 150 and I think that is great too. I see leader of monk atm at 140 SSF which I have my goal of trying to hit at least 130 SSF monk this season so it will be interesting to me to see how I match up against others when done.

1 Like

It’s ok. Skipping bounties and a lot of T16 farming feels nice. Also no need to run speed GR just to farm paragons. I always gave up at some point and never had higher than 2500 paragon in season. So I am a fan of the 800 cap.

However I’m really tired at this point with loot managment in D3. There is too much stuff to manually salvage after each VoE (or any activity in fact). Even with skipping blues and whites it is overwhelming. And main grinding now to farm souls for reforges.
It is really tedious to look at and salvage legendaries.
Even if you count numbers of clicks needed to farm few thousands of souls in too much.

How they still haven’t added Salvage all non-ancient items is beyond me. I know what I’m doing. If I am only interested in Ancients then just let me.
Also form of loot/legendary filters is needed.

1 Like

My necro is top500 on the leaderboard with GR101! That kind of tells how fun this game is right now.

Stop doing them then. :grin:

But you are also tired of the old way of playing the game. So maybe stop playing at all? :thinking:

It’s a short Season which will last about 3 months only. Some like it, some doesn’t. I just started to get the hang of it. Visions of Enmity is sure lacking compared to previous season themes but absolutely fun nevertheless. When combat is so hectic and monster density is so crowded, all you can do is deciding when to line another buff in the array of cast mentality.

After a while, eventually I’ll end up overpowering that content, about a few days later or more than a week; but still will have Greater Rifts to enjoy until the end of Season. Yet, I find this fun enough. I don’t need crazy grinding for reaching hectic combat at the end game. All I need was settling down and challenge will still be there.