How many purists do I have?

Later man /20 characters

lol oh i’m sorry, did i interrupt your lil quiet interlude boys?

Get cleaned up and get outta the locker room c’mon now

I expect the game to be what it was advertised for when I paid for it. Purist is a word that gets used loosely around these parts for anyone who doesn’t see eye to eye with a person who favors ploot. D2R is the same game as D2 just updated so simmer down now.

When you have purists telling me entire tracts of humanity’s opinions (any but their own) don’t count, go on hate filled rants and insult/attack waves against people for simply saying “No, this was something I always hated about the game, I hope they fix this”
That person is an eligible target for the level of BS sent their way?

Newp.

Won’t calm down, won’t simmer down, until the purists get pulled down.

places finger on lips Shhhh… shhhhh… you should not solicit opinions unless you are ready to hear them

1 Like

Literally half the people on the forums are guilty of that plooters included, so you’ll fit right in. Opinions are subjective an neither right or wrong. The bottom line is the game was advertised in a way that should be upheld so people defending there purchase are not doing anything wrong. This is how life works in business. A consumer pays for something you get what you order you get the product that was advertised. If they had advertised it differently I would say you had grounds to rebuttal but in the end they didn’t. Now if someone is unhappy with said product this isn’t an issue with other customers. This is buyers remorse… It’s a personal problem.

1 Like

Precisely, so why are you bashing on someone for having one? It’s a lil disingenuous to call someone out out on the exact point they were making, only trying to frame it as your original thought.

The game was literally advertised as being brought up to date, I didn’t remember a single part of any advertisement saying “Only the graphics resolution is being update, nothing else changed.” Not once. Hell, even in their first advertisement and changes already being made.

You’ve gone from laughable to not even worth reading anymore if that’s honestly your stance you’re going to try and take. You need advertisements that promise graphics only, no other modernization or changes period to back up your statement.

And none of those exist.

Ahh… the blessed silence of Ignore Forever

the irony of this when you ask for such insane changes to the game all the time

2 Likes

Qoute?

Advertisements are Ads, Commericals, Videos, websites. So since you missed it… here is copy paste of the advertisement blizzard put up when D2R was announced:

A Timeless Classic, Resurrected
Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II. Pursue the mysterious Dark Wanderer and fight the denizens of hell as you uncover the fate of the Prime Evils Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, now in up to 4K (2160p) resolution on PC. Diablo II Resurrected features:

• Remastered graphics—monsters, heroes, items, spells, all resurrected.
  • An epic story told through five distinct acts.
  • Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.
  • Updated Battle.net support.
  • Planned support for cross-progression—take your progress wherever you play.

Resurrected Graphics

Fearsome demons, brave adventurers, and the world of Sanctuary, resurrected. Marvel at the denizens of this world in up to Ultra High Definition 4k (2160p) remastered graphics on PC—or enjoy the original Diablo II, old-school style—at the press of a button with the legacy toggle.

Then they proceed to show pictures of the new changes like the following:

Planned Feature – Cross-Progression

Exhumed Gameplay Features

An array of features have been unearthed to aid you along your journey into the depths of hell. Like stash tabs , revamped ladder seasons, redesigned user interface. So where did they promise you anything else? Never once did they say only graphics would be changed. This is a lie you typed not me. I just listed the promises they made.

Funny considering those are things you said not me. Quote me troll.

1 Like

I would ignore the replies to after making up an entire conversation that doesn’t exist. Go back to your safe space troll.

Your post is not helpfull, it just drives the wedge between A and B further. If you want to split the D2:R community, go ahead…

lmfao!
IKR?
Okay… Whew! Here goes…
It’s a game. It’s just, a game! The term, ‘Purist,’ can’t be quantified.
Even David Brevic(original game creator for Diablo) quit playing, for his own reasons, and doesn’t support this game anymore!!! Why? Too controversial!
I’m just falling apart, at the absurdity of anyone thinking, that we will all suddenly stop playing, and refund our money, if the devs don’t do what we want!

Blue wizard needs food badly. Ahh, I miss that game…

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like many. For me the game is nearly unplayable without plugy (for the inventory not respecs etc.), but I really only play single player so looks like I won’t be able to play with the upgraded graphics. While fresh starts on Battle.net occasionally jumping into farm groups is nice I couldn’t care less about ladders so I don’t submit myself to the annoyance of managing mules.

1 Like

There have been 3 public surveys and 3 official Activision surveys. The public does not know the results of the 3 Activision ones, but they do know the results of the others. It seems the percentage of players that want 0 changes is about 5 to 10%.

Popular Twitch Stream Mister Llama StarCraft, made videos on YouTube going over the results of all 3.

1 Like

Can you define purist better? I am for all kind of changes like new items skill rebalance, merc improvements but i am against core changes. I want only changes which would improve D2, not change it. Does that make me purist or not?

1 Like

I’m not sure what a purist is.

But I am definitely looking forward to this faithful remaster with some QoL.

Another purist here. I don’t mind some QOL improvements but let’s try to keep the game as close to the original as possible…

Purist here Sing it brother

1 Like

As a Lifelong fan (Both mine and the games) Purists gonna Kill d2r straight up lmao, Go play LoD

2 Likes