Big maps like the cow lvl one will be mandatory for high pushin
Also, they took that uber Diablo and put him in the Darkening of Tristram (the Diablo you kill in Level 16 of the event).
Maybe it was the next patch or the patch after that that Darkening of Tristram became a thing.
It’s really strong for pushing and killing the boss if you can time it right. You use the kill streaks to kill the trash and try to time the angels at 500 to kill the elites with no trash around kinda like you would do with a conduit, same with the boss you wanna try to end up at 500 right before the boss for the angels to pretty much 1 shot him. Just don’t get to 1000 kills especially on hardcore or you can just kiss your character goodbye.
Curious to try this theme, as I didn’t play S19…
How powerful is it? Here is what maxroll says: “The theme alone could carry you up to +15-20 tiers higher than normal if managed properly in the right Rift. Every single class managed to clear solo Greater Rift Tier 150 as a result.” https://maxroll.gg/d3/resources/pandemonium-explained
Thanks for sharing the link, Yukos! Gosh, I miss Raxx’ videos of his clears wih his so insightful comments…
I’m 100% sure non archon LoD wizard can clear 150 solo ( Orek’s Dream or just a good density/open map Gr ) at ~1300 para. It’s not just about damage, but also about toughness when collecting/herding huge packs of monsters to destroy them effectively with these seasonal effects. LoD wizard has the highest toughness at low paragon.
Cow Portal should be good for spawning him. Think in S19 I spawned him in the Adria wp. Temple of firstborn should also be good.
DoT first appeared in Jan. 2017 while S19 started Nov. 2019, so they would have taken DoT Diablo from the event and used him as the Uber Diablo in S19, not the other way around.
Anyways, I prefer D1/D2 yoked up Diablo over D3’s jibber jabbering Sheablo any day.
Blood Nova builds will definitely be super strong, because of their ability to kill big numbers of trash and activate kill streak after kill streak.
Is uber diablo a fixed toughness for the GR level you are doing or is he based off of your characters toughness?
You won’t spawn Ubre Diablo in a GRift so don’t worry about that. Not that he can’t spawn in a GRift but you will spawn the GRift Guardian well before you can get to 1000 kills.
As far as T16, things are different this season as far as character power. All the classes and nearly every set has been buffed since then with some getting newer items that increased their toughness and others getting massive buffs to basic killing power since that balance patch that happened a Season or two before the Altar was added.
So all classes will be killing Ubre Diablo with greater ease than they did in Season 19.
If you look at Trepchains video with her using UE as an example, with the UE getting the buffs it got in that balance patch I mentioned, she would have probably one or two shot ubre Diablo.
I usually top out at 700ish, maybe 800 if I chain to the floor 2 (it’s pretty short). Don’t know if I’ve ever hit 1000 in TotFB. I don’t think so. Might be possible, but Cows will be a lot more consistent.
The only time I popped him during the season, was on adventure mode on T16. He hit about GR110 ish, as I was able to kill him and was pushing around GR120ish at the time. Since I only did it once, not really sure if he scales with level difficulty or is static.
Is that counting using the cursed chest or no? Also, is that aggro-ing the monsters first, then rerunning the map to clear.
Trying to remember when I did it, I know I didn’t use the cows. Think when I did it, I used FoM, then WP to another zone. I did set it up first, aggro monsters with a zdps build and get some near both WPs.
Definitely with no prepping Cows is the best option.
what was it?
Uber Diablo will one-shot you unless you are very strong.
I was doing a little research, apparently PoJ appeared in Season 19 according to one thumbnail I found. I sort of remember all the newer sets weren’t added at the same time. If I recall correctly, they introduced them 2 at a time over 3 seasons and I don’t know in which order they were added.
Anyway, I can’t even remember when NSC was nerfed for the DH GoD set. I want to say we had it for at least a season before it got nerfed because I can sort of remember playing with the non-nerfed NCS and the playstyle being gathering huge pulls of mobs to make the most of quadruple pierce and AD procs. Skipping elites unless they happened to die in the pulls of white mobs. And dragging elites through the rift hoping for Missile Dampening Elite (the unlimited pierces meant that they could scale infinitely very quickly due to repeated pierces on a single mob in the Dampening area) or a Conduit.
I also remember thinkin’ when they first limited to 4 pierces that it was a typo that they meant it to be 40 pierces, because the nerf nearly killed GoD until they buffed the set 6-piece bonus of the set.
The Rage/Free Zodiac Rend Barb appeared in S18, which would explain the Barb clears in S19.
AoV Crusader was available in S19, but it was a lot of HF Holy Shotgun until the Vigilante belt buff that came after the first Crucible theme.
Couldn’t you get to 1000 kills in the Prison event in Act V? It’s basically infinitely spawning mobs until you destroy the prison pillars or whatever. I know I got up to 800 one time then gave up and completed the event.
Yes and there are other in adventure mode that have 1000 enemies you can chain. The two levels before Adria can be quite good because of the small bugs that crawl down the walls. Also the cow level is an alternative to get to 1000 kills. And there are some other Act 1 open areas that it can be done
From what I have read uber diablo only gives a few minor goodies anyway so is there really any point?
It would have been nice to add this theme, in addition, to another one, but this is Blizzard we’re talking about.
Sure a lot of Solo builds have been buffed since then, but some of the ones that were doing 150’s, back then, have also been nerfed. Mainly my DH GoD Build. The Hungering Arrows didn’t have a limit on the number of pierces back then, and now it’s limited to 4. Change that number to 10 and we’re golden again.
Guess I’ll have to see what Maxroll has to say.