How about some love for energy armor

adding a ring to make energy armor more competitive.

Mages Lament. (Ring)

Secondary Attribute
** Energy Armor Gains the Prismatic Rune. The Radius of Energy Armor is extended by 10’ Feet to encompass Nearby Allies but now uses 40 AP.

If they did make a ring focusing on Energy Armor, then I’d imagine it’d be called “Halo of {subject}” to fit with the Halo naming theme that Karini and Arlyse are a part of.

Now if it were up to me, I would use the Krede’s flame ring and refashion it to focus on Energy Armor since I don’t believe it’s relied on by any major builds.

Proposition:

Halo of Krede:

Energy Armor gains the effects of Pinpoint Barrier and Energy Tap runes. While Energy Armor is active, gain damage reduction equal to 60-75% of your critical hit chance.

2 Likes

Now this is how you make an item, Jenny.

seconded… that’s a solid item idea that could very well be implemented as-is.

Might be a tad underbudget, even. I think about ~62% crit is average, which is 46.5 DR. I’d take it, though. Hells yes.

Thanks, though I’m sure others can come up with better and more creative ideas than this one.

I appreciate that

With the Pinpoint Barrier rune, the extra boost to critical chance should help bump the DR to 50%.

That’s true, I actually don’t remember how much crit my wizard has. I thought it was 62%. I think cap is something like 69%, with Pinpoint? Either way, 50% DR is usable!

1 Like

Mh… thinking a bit longer, I would raise the upper range from 75% to 80%. That means maxing out CHC on gear (54%), Paragon (5%), Base (5%) and Pinpoint (5%) would result in a total of 69% CHC (this then equals ~55.2% DR at 80%). Then, let’s not forget you could also add the +25% AllRes from Prismatic on top of that. Not much, but I think this is a separate multiplier. It will be less effective on high paragon, but still, it’s a good boost for toughness.

True, but creative ideas often result in overcomplicated mechanics, hoops to jump through or niche stuff you’d only use in fun builds. I’m all game for simple ideas that just work. Simple is best.

1 Like

This is a great idea ty for your effort. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been trying to get this through to Jenny and XelNagalvan for quite some time. Hopefully, you succeeded where I failed.

I also failed to get through to Don Vu, which is why our sets and legendaries suck.

Yeh I get the ease of implementation part but I’m also considering the Benefit of wizards being able to provide buffs to the group as well. Reserving more AP but extending the Shield area serves that premise.

From a coding perspective my Idea is no harder to implement than Oblivions. All the code to do it already exists in the game in one form or another.

Also “Trying to get this through to Jenny” is fracking presumptuous on your part! “Lets tell this woman how things should be done because I’m so obviously right and you’re wrong” is exactly how you sound.

I don’t care if you’re man, women, or Martian. How many years have I, and others, offered advice so your ideas are implementable? It’s probably been at least three. Let’s try your most recent example:

Now, what is this item trying to accomplish? You gain attack speed by 200% and 20% movement speed; also, you instantly die when hit by a lightning attack.

What lightning skills benefit from a 200% attack speed buff? what's the 20% movement speed for? Why add the "you take 40-60% more lightning damage" in?

None of this is what an electrocute build needs. Ask yourself what does Storm Crow means to you. What are you trying to accomplish with this item?

Storm Crow: Gain the effect of the "paralysis" rune and increase lightning damage by X%. 

I took a bad item, and I narrowed it down to what I really wanted it to do, improve lightning spells, and I added in a hook to make it with ALL lightning spells and perhaps other legendarys.

The item is functional, clean, usable.

It’s not just about throwing random affixes together and making targeted affixes based on what a) the game needs b) the “flavor” of the item and what it invokes c) within the limits of the status of the game at this point.

See this is the problem you seem to think that your way to look at things is the only way to look at things and when you disagree with someone you are actually rude about it. I don’t care that other people offer up ideas or make suggestions etc. That’s what the forum is about. But you are very rude about it.

So lets talk about my thinking. For MH to proc regularly, outside of using Vyrs, we need more attack speed, this synergies with all skills (yes we need resource cost reduction but that is the case with alot of gear). The Movement speed fits in with with the theme of being faster and gives Wizards a much need speed boost item.
Taking more damage was my original Idea for the Negative you get with the positive ( a little like stone gauntlets do). However I did suggest a better negative in the effect of even faster drain of AP so you can only stay in Super Charged mode for as long as you have AP. This would of coarse have to be balanced so most builds got a reasonable amount of time in Supercharge mode.

Now I will say outright that Gaining the Passive Paralysis from the Helm is a great Idea and perhaps increasing it’s proc chance too with the item would be better than adding extra attack speed The item has increased Lightning Damage anyway but yes embedding it in the cube-able affix would be better .

Maybe Following from your Idea.

Storm Crow: Gain the passive “paralysis” and increase chance to 25%. Lightning damage is increased by X%.

Aside from all this, this isn’t even the thread about storm crow. This is about a potential Energy Armor ring and my thinking with that was to allow energy Armor to be a buff that we can give to other party members given Wizards are the one class that offer almost nothing in Buffs.

That’s not what Manald Heal needs to be viable. Not even close :frowning:

I took the time to try to help you understand why your ideas have been unpopular for years; how I would have taken your idea and made it implementable. I won’t offer to help you anymore.

The only part of your post I agree with is…Storm Crow sucks :wink:

I will say, in your defense, “shpercharged” has been done three times before. A) as conduit, b) as Fulminator and c) as a legendary gem.

I'd totally be behind you 100% if Fulminators LP was reworked on Stromcrow, though. That would be awesome!

It’s not about you offering up improvements or alternatives to other peoples Ideas Venaliter it’s that you generally come off as an A$$ when doing it. You seem to think you are some sort of god of game mechanics you are not. Also my ideas have not been unpopular (Some have some Haven’t same for anyone) and they are only suggestions, as are everyones, you seem to have this notion that your perspective on everything is right and I’m sick of it.

I will give you one thing tho MH mechanic is just really bad and needs a complete rework. But as MH stands at the moment Attack speed is What makes it Viable.

Also Fullminators thing on Stormcrow would be kinda cool provided on 2 provisos

1. It used your Equiped Electrocute Rune
  2. It was effected by other Electrocute Items.

Sure, that’s fair. But unfortunately Manald itself is TRASH until it starts to scale like it should. You have gone out of your way to buff an item that is irrelevant. Manald would need to do ~40,0000% weapon damage or something before it could see play as-is. And the only build it would see play with is Lightning Vyr, so it would have all the attack speed it needs.

So yes, this is a more in-depth explanation on why you need to go back to the drawing board. Why don’t you suggest some ideas to fix Manald Heal? It needs to be changed from Weapon damage to a % damage multiplier. Let’s see what you come up with. This is the sort of fix that we need desperately.

Honestly I think MH was a terrible Idea as is why not shift the damage buff to a weapon (like the Fulminator) and make the MH ring the Halo ring for Energy Armor.

make fulminator something like

Enemies stunned by Paralysis turn into lightning rods, causing them to pulse 472% weapon damage as Lightning every second to nearby enemies for 6 seconds while taking 350% increased damage from Lightening Attacks themselves.

Yes! this is a perfectly reasonable legendary power for Storm Crow.

This is…perfectly…scary. It might be the best legendary power in the game, bar none.

Manald heal is ridiculously mis-named and mis-typed. Manald Heal should have been inflicting damage resources a % of primary resource or something.

To Be honest I It’s really hard to gauge the effect of the Damage Bonus given it is only one element. So tweeking would be in order.

Totally agree with MH. Why not Make it a Heal thing for wizards.

Something like – Life per hit is increased by 30% of Shield Total.

Manald Heal was a general class legendary about restoring life/mana. While I think it’s cool legendaries change gradually over time (aka, between game titles), I don’t think Manald fits the fantasy it should have. Oh, well.