How about some love for energy armor

Unfortunately, Blizzard hasn’t had a good track record of bringing thematic and/or iconic items/sets/skills up to par. It’s truly a shame imo.

What if MH increased Damaged Based on Amount of Life you have left but increased Life Per hit based on Life Lost.

ie

*Your Base Damage is increased by 150% of your life remaining and your Life on Hit is increased by 30% of the Life you have Lost.

so If you had for example 1 mil life … Base Sheet Damage would be increased by 1.5 mil. As you loose life your Healing Increases.

That’s a total revamp of the item, and a dramatically changed effect. Dealing 100% more damage at 100% life would be a great power, though.

Getting better at this, just keeping trying to simplify your items. A player should be able to look at it and understand it immediately.

Doesnt matter what we suggest… Blizzard will ignore it all and make their own decisions not based on the fan requests…

I agree that EA needs improvement. It needs to be able to compete with SA+Karini which is pretty easy to keep up for any build that is not purely melee. I would not equip the item as described in the OP, don’t need to lose more AP.

Maybe synergizing with Tal Rasha, CoE, elemental exposure, SoJ could help it.

Ring: As long as you have cast all four of your elements in the past 30 seconds, you energy armor gains the effect of all runes and your damage and damage reduction are increased by 40%.

Or maybe have energy armor + all its runs come as a bonus perk with Firebird or TalRasha (hoping they buff those to make them viable) or on some other set…

Well… I’m not too fond of tying Energy Armor (or any of the armor skills) to a specific set. Normally granting the defensive part of a set buff requires you to do something. But I could very well see some legendary affix tied to one of the Tal Rasha set items - maybe on the belt. Now you say that the other armors skills have support rings. Yeah, true… maybe it’s better to use a jewelry slot - and Tal Rasha has an amulet.

If you wear Tal’s amulet you cannot wear Traveler’s Pledge or Squirts which means a severe damage loss, unless you put Squirts in the cube, so you loose the cube slot. But if the affix is tied to Tal’s Amulet it opens up a ring slot that would normally be used for Karini/Arlyse and it would allow Focus/Restraint without becoming too squishy… the longer I think about it, the more I like this idea.

Tal Rasha’s Allegiance (Set Amulet)
Energy Armor gains the Energy Tap and Pinpoint Barrier runes effect. After attacking with an Arcane Power spending or generating skill, Energy Armor reduces all damage taken by 70-80% of your Critical Hit Chance for 10 seconds.

That’s a little different compared to what Oblivion suggested for a ring affix, but since the current Tal Rasha iteration forces you to cast skills one after another anyways it would be a good fit.