Honest Question for Ploot Advocates

Exactly… it’s a lottery

So there’s no point being a ninja looter and there is no downside of being an active killer

I’m not a Ploot advocate but seriously… purists have their head stuck so deep in their bottom that they cannot accept it has positive aspects about it

3 Likes

Lack of ploot would split the community anyways. Most people mf in private games at the beginning of ladders already. Ploot could make people more inclined to play together in pubs. You’d get a little less loot, but 8 people would kill stuff quicker, so it’d probably be similar in terms of efficiency (mf wise) plus the xp bonus. Not to mention, some people are refunding because of no ploot etc.

1 Like

This isn’t WoW. You can’t ‘ninja’ loot. Adding it just creates incentives for people to stack MF and AFK most of the time like they do in WoW (AFK) after ploot was added and it won’t even do anything to get people better gear. It’s just changing the game for no reason.

You are not nor is anyone telling you you have to play their way.

No one is complaining about anything except the FFA people complaining about giving people an option. That said, you having a laggy night because they are doing construction nearby effecting your internet for a few hours isn’t the same as a guy in Alaska that has crappy internet 100% of the time.

Maybe they don’t want to hope everyone else is just as bad off that night as they are. Maybe they want an option that will help them get loot while still playing in multiplayer games.

I do have a shiny computer… I have a few of them. Again, the goal isn’t to hope everyone else is as bad off as you in order to have fun playing in multiplayer games.

The option for either.

Guess what, no one is asking you to.

2 Likes

No. By far not.
And that is why FFA will still be there.

We will take that chance.
And it doesnt have to be quicker. It should be enjoyable.
If it is slower, good. Then you have even less to worry about.

Well, it was shown that alot of people didnt even go to the referendum, because they thought that it was going to be a ‘stay’ vote anyway. Also alot of demobilization/mobilization by certain parties.
In the end the polls were not that far off, but the turnout seemed to be the problem.
In any case, i am sure most britains learned their statistics lesson.

4 different polls. 3 different plattforms. All with very similar results.
We are aware of fluctiations. But even with very high bias and fluctuation they still show a very strong support for ploot.
Given that ~50.000 people play d2 at the current day and claim to be the “hard core of the community” a survey of 5k people is quite a number.

Why would that be contradictory?

2 Likes

How do you call somebody no doing crap following the group while they are busy engaging with monsters and he’s waiting solely for items to drop to snag them, having better reaction time to do so because he’s not participating

2 Likes

If that were the case, why would the productive-killing-stuff-players like you play ploot?
Your argument only works if people who are productive and killing stuff want to play ploot.
So either these people exist or they dont.
If they dont, your argument is false.
If they do, then your argument is also false.

Noone expects you to do anything.
The world doesnt center around you. You do not matter to ploot.

3 Likes

If ploot comes, ploot supporters will realize that the drop rates with ploot enabled is complete garbage. Then comes the want for increased drop rates. If that comes, then we have Diablo 3.

2 Likes

Droprates are the same as in FFA.
If you had a point then FFA would also require increased drop rates.

1 Like

You’re making assumptions and using that to deny people the option of a different loot allocation system. There is no proof that that would happen. The devs would get major backlash from the vets.

2 Likes

I’m not denying anything. I’m predicting the outcome.

You cannot make decisions based on methodologically unsound polls that you’ve cherry picked. This is totally inappropriate. I can cite polls that show the opposite, but I will tell you that they are also meaningless because they too aren’t methodologically sound. We have no way of knowing the truth here.

Perhaps I misunderstood you, sorry. I assumed you implied that you wanted them to go straight to your inventory because you dislike clicking so much (which will still be a thing regardless of ploot unless it does that).

droprates for uniques are garbage… yes. They need to stay garbage, so MF has actually a purpose.

1 Like

Can you predict the lotto numbers for tomorrow’s drawing for me also?

2 Likes

It was the same story with Diablo 3… Legendary item drop rates used to be complete garbage.

They say history repeats itself. I certainly hope that isn’t true for D2:R moving forward.

1 Like

I think it’s a good assumption. What’s the point of it other than hoping it’s gonna be an easy way to get the gear you are supposedly missing out on without it?

Yeah, it’s the same as President Skroobs luggage combination.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/EIYNH6f5HnM?list=PL0QrZvg7QIgqG206vRwF4hhY9h4JG6mtM&t=33

D2 already had drop rates lowered due to less players online. So I would hope they increase them again rather than reduce them further.

The point is to make people want to play the game together instead of mfing solo for the first month of every ladder. More coop= better in my book.

2 Likes