Honest Question for Ploot Advocates

Ahh there is the problem with your understanding. It’s not a lottery on who gets the gear. The pickit scripter gets the gear. Ploot ends that, and actually makes it a lottery.

3 Likes

That’s funny, because both these “unfair” examples are with ploot and waaay higher dropchances than in d2.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you really feel selfish for picking up loot? Not gonna castigate you for that, just curious.

And there aren’t arguments because once it’s picked up the ‘argument’ is settled. If somebody starts crying you can mute them or leave the game. At least in my opinion.

Yes, absolutely. I hate when something nice drops and we all just stare at it (playing with friends) while nobody dares to be the greedy one.

6 Likes

Being against the optional feature of ploot games is like being against the idea a group of people getting together and deciding to roll for each gear that drops. Why shouldn’t they be allowed to do that? They can do that now. This would just offer a feature to streamline the process. It does nothing else and has no affect on anyone who isn’t interested in the feature.

4 Likes

Fine.
Hopefully there are item tracking statistics in D2R so that you will see your lifetime loot %.
Then you will see how much “control” you have over your loot.

1 Like

Having ploot as an option won’t split the community any more than telling people that want ploot to “go back to D3” or “this isn’t the game for you” or to “just make a PW protected game” or to “play solo”.

I can sympathize with anyone less fortunate, whether is physical disabilities, location limiting good internet connection options or money keeping them from upgrading their PC.

And no one is asking you to sympathize by making you play the way they want. Just to give them the option of one way and you the option of another way.

It would make it so they can get loot despite a disability or technical issue in multiplayer games.

Then you should have no problems with it. No one is asking you to play using it.

Which is why I will probably never use it. That doesn’t mean others won’t find it helpful.

I will quote My Cousin Vinny. “Everything that guy just said is bull$#!t” for every reason given in every other thread about ploot.

2 Likes

Yeah I always find the “it will split the community” argument to be hilarious. The very next sentence is usually “just make a private game to MF”. They don’t see the irony.

5 Likes

Same drop chances.
Accessibility.

Done.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I didn’t know that. Not usually posting on Blizzard forums.

I don’t think that’s representative of anything because the methodology isn’t sound. It’s akin to a Twitter poll or something. I’ve also seen dodgy polls showing the opposite.

If that was true then why would you need ploot to make the distribution of loot fit into a bell curve?

Depends how you see it.
People can be fine with leaving empty handed and be okay with the fact that the playing field isn’t made fair. Hence they don’t necessarily need a change to improve the “fairness”.
It is rare that you leave a game empty handed regardless unless your gear is close to being perfect.

1 Like

Doesnt have to be representative to show a trend and give indication of a considerable support for a topic.

Because i dont wont to ruin my ligaments or get carpal tunnel.
Because some people actually cant pick items up quickly and i want them to take part in the community experience without forcing them to make friends.
Because i find the loot grabbing toxic and selfish.
Because i like it to see a boss loot on the ground for a few seconds.
Because i dont like people who first grab all items and then claim they are generous for dropping things they do not need in town.
Because i like to play with my friends without fighting over loot with them (with clicks). We share it anyway, so we can just each take our pick and skip the minigame (we all agree on that btw. and i am the itemgrabber amongst that group).
Because i think it will allow more people to play d2, which i believe is generally a good thing.
Because i think it will give more people value to trade with and some people slightly less value to trade with, reducing monopolies and broadening the economy to a more stable and more healthy one.
Because i like to have the choice between a efficient and a relaxing baal run.

True. But it is not rare for many people to leave a game with the feeling “wait. i didnt even see the loot drop of that boss we just ran.”

5 Likes

I have had that happen many times and it didn’t bother me a bit. I am just that kind of player. Of course it’s totally okay to be annoyed.

am i the only one that want the to have the lottery power in MY hand? instead of relying some automatic ploot?

people complaining about lag, people being faster etc, i mean… we will ALL have these problems, but you still have a chance cus you might not be the only one.

if you play on older computer well… i dont have a shiny computer myself, i cant play on top graphics and i bet i will get fps drops… but so what? FFA is still fair lol, a lot better than automatic where you got absolutely ZERO control.

whats better? little control or ZERO control?

and it wont make it a better cooperation game… xD i bet you wont even find nice people to play with quicker.

It doesn’t show a trend if the methodology isn’t sound. For example, I could go on Twitter and look at any number of polls on “should Britain leave the EU” and see an overwhelming majority in favour of staying and then be surprised when Britain left the EU.

Polls need to be conducted very carefully to have any merit, and even then the result can be inaccurate due to statistical fluctation.

A lot of this is contradictory or moot. For example, you don’t want to get carpal tunnel but you also want to see loot on the floor for a few seconds…?

1 Like

I mean why do you guys care so much if you’re not going to use it? Let people have the option.

3 Likes

I’d say all of those points are reasons, not arguments, why he would prefer having the option of Ploot.

3 Likes

It’s splitting the community physically for something that won’t do what people want it to do. And it’s a slippery slope. Once they realise it’s not going to do what they want they’ll be asking for more game-breaking changes: like a piece of loot for everyone. There’s also just a ton of weird incentives for people to join these kinds of games and do nothing at all and freeride. Like it did on WoW where people just afk through content and let other people carry them.

2 Likes

ok so i made a logical argument, and you ignored it… so how about this, instead of wasting my time using logic and reasoning. i’ll just call u guys out for what you are.

whiny kids who want stuff given to them for free without doing any work for it, you want to take stuff from other players who are actually being productive and killing stuff, and have it given to YOU, because you feel entitled.

this is the same mentality of people who “bot” or use “pickit” you just cant be bothered to do anything yourself.

instead of helping the party out to actually EARN the loot… to get a chance to pick it up… lets just WHINE on the forums and try to make them implement something that just gives me free loot for just having the game open.

never spend a second to try to figure out WHY you aren’t getting good drops… never try to change how they play to help others, to participate.

they reason why tolerate you leechers… is because it allows US to get more exp… and more drops.

but if u expect us to stand by and literally do all the work for you… gain you level, and then have you gall complain that “oh I’m not getting any loot”
WELL NO SH*T SHERLOCK…

if your not ATTACKING MONSTERS, you’re not going to get loot…
that’s how the game WORKS.

1 Like

It smells like someone plooted in here.

Bah I know, whoever smelt it dealt it.

2 Likes