Honest Question for Ploot Advocates

Let’s just say, we are trying to preserve the original experience.

We are. And that grip is ploot.

I am afraid you will never find out.

Actually humanity survives because of their ability to communicate and collaborate.
Also because they are able to do abstract thinking and come up with innovative solutions without stumbling over them by accident.

Some are selfish. But these are usually not considered the pinacle of the species.

“noobs like you” tells the guy with zero credentials who knows nothing about me. Great point!
So because you disagree and have no real argument you are calling me a noob. What does that make you?

Actually we know that we win roughly 1/8 of the time anyway, so we’d rather keep our ligaments.
And while we are at it, we can also make the game more accessible to people, more welcoming to people and prevent toxic bots and cheaters from using pickit in our games.

Sounds as if we would win quite a lot with this suggestion.
Sounds also like you get a free pass after 20 years of non-reflection and sitting on your butt trying to make other “whiny little bs” cry.
Doesnt take much to figure out who the loser in your story really is.

1 Like

I’ll make an exception for you and I’ll quote myself:

Can you understand this? :astonished:

And how many times did you not even see the item because there was a small lagspike after the boss drop and you didnt even see any of the precious items?
Where was the adrenaline rush then?

Why are people playing solo MF if the adrenaline rush was really what diablo is about.
And why do all people need the same adrenaline as you? Dont you think people should be allowed to decide how many hormones they want to set free in their body?

You are making false assumptions. I even quoted you how it works before.
The others would also see the shako. Your picture is simply incorrect.

D3 has a personal loot system that has thwarted bots/pick it scripts from stealing loot from legitimate players. D2R would have an option for a personal loot system like this for only 2 seconds and then it would turn into FFA. So this means bots and pickit players would be thwarted in D2R as well since they cannot steal other players loot until 2 seconds is up, which is enough time for a legitimate player to pick it up before they can steal it.

I made a new thread for ploot, as I see now what they need. A safe space. I’ve figured out the perfect compromise.

1 Like

You figured out nothing. That variation was suggested more than a month ago.
You are just trying to create yet another spam soap box.

Ironically, i even wrote this to that Jani guy you were replying to. So he should know this for a month already.

1 Like

And your post is a coping mechanism which doesn’t track the reality of the Diablo franchise in its current state. Thanks for the feedback - hope mine helps.

You mean like your essay what you needed about 3-4 days to write what you also spamming everywhere but i have debunked in 5 min? Ok.

1 Like

Path of Exile has a brief pause before private loot becomes public and it doesn’t bother me or even seem to be a complaint there. I like private loot because it means I can get my fair share regardless of how greedy other people are with their mad clicking. But greedy players and bots on D2 is why I tended to MF solo or in private games with friends. I joined public games mostly for grinding levels if my friends weren’t available and just accepted that I was unlikely to get my fair share of loot in those games.

2 Likes

Yet here you are derailing the forums over and over again with your constant wails for a free pass in life.

1 Like

It’s the same few posters with the 100x a day strategy of ‘owning the dialogue’ (and failing miserably). I chalk it up to excitement before the game releases, but at this rate…

1 Like

It didnt last till you are accused with spamming. He is triggered. :rofl:

2 Likes

I was being provocative to be honest :stuck_out_tongue:

Path of Exiles “Short Allocation” personal loot option is basically what is being advocated here as an option for D2R.

The only one derailing here is the one with 4 spam-threads to his name in only 7 days of forum activity.

Also the one cooking up old ideas and selling them as his own.

1 Like

Did you just assume my gender?

1 Like

Naaah there is nothing provocative in that post. Only if somebody has snowflake feelings but who cares that?

2 Likes

I think I got it right, but please correct me. You wrote:

Only one person can loot it (the winner of the roll). For others, the item text/icon is greyed out to signify they can’t.

So as soon as the item drops, the item is greyed out for 7/8 players. That is not very exciting. The winner might not pick it up in time, so there might still be some kind of hope left for the rest of the players.

I don’t want to say it is a huge issue, don’t get me wrong. But in my experience of the past 20 years, the excitement when an item drops and the even greater excitement afterwards, when you manage to be the lucky one who grabs it first, is immeasurable.

I simply advocate for a slight change in the concept of ploot - not against ploot, where players get to chose if they want to roll for an item. I am for the same toggle and everything.

So now ppl need to live here on the forums? Cute.

2 Likes

The loot is invisible for those 2 seconds because its personal, you wouldn’t even know. This has already been discussed several times in this thread. Did you not even scroll up before posting?