Holy Damage buff from Mortick's Brace?

Hello:

There’s no specific option to buff the Holy Damage of my weapons when I look to enchant my Bracers. Will Physical damage do it, or should I just take the Life on Hit?

Advice = Appreciation

Barbs don’t have any skills that deal holy damage, so you can’t roll it on Mortick’s.

Mortick’s is most commonly used in the Zodiac Rend build which deals Physical damage. Other builds will require different damage types.

For more info on Barb builds, see the stickied build guides in this forum.

2 Likes

Two part answer here. Elemental damage on weapons does not matter. And second barbs do not have holy abilities so you do not need to worry about this. You want to match your elemental damage on your amulet and bracers to whatever you main source of damage is. An example would be physical if you are playing a WW barb. Fire if you are playing IK hota.

4 Likes

Emphasizing Chris’s point.

The element of your skill rune decides the elemental damage type of your damage. The elemental damage type of your weapon does nothing and should be completely ignored.

So, if you play a Rend build, we use the Bloodbath rune, which deals Physical damage, and you’ll want the elemental damage bonus on your bracer and amulet to match it (Physical). If you play Fire EQ, you’ll want Fire damage on those items since Molten Fury is the EQ rune you’ll choose. You get the idea, Balder.

3 Likes

But to add we are referring to the elemental damage that shows as the weapons base damage. This does not matter. If you are using and weapon that rolls elemental damage in the primary stats then this does matter. Although there are only a few examples of barb builds that this would happen.

2 Likes

Got it. This was the knowledge I did not have. You all have helped me get better and I thank each one of you.

D3 Community really is the best. <3

AzureWrath for H90 comes to my mind, which I use on my main accounts H90 barb:

Granted, stats on this sword are sub-optimal, but haven’t found a better one, yet. But as I’m currently just leveling gems for the next round of replacing augmentations from 500 to 600, it’s sufficient for now.

Hoping to find a good replacement though, which would be worth the new augment.

Yes azurewrath is one example.

Oddly “holy damage” CAN happen on Barbarian-only weapons- like Bul-Kathos’s Solemn Vow & Warrior’s Blood.
So is that a useless stat for the class when it’s only their weapon?

Is this stat a worthless addition to the weapon? Does it just apply that damage range as additional damage without modifier from an ability?

As previously stated earlier in the thread, the element that an ability causes is entirely based on the rune (or lack thereof) applied to the ability. For example, Rend / Bloodbath will cause physical damage regardless of what element is on your weapons. The elemental damage on the weapon, regardless of the element it is on the weapon(s), causes damage that matches the ability’s rune.

You could run Mirinae gem and it would benefit from the bracers.

Bro if your gonna troll go somewhere else. Even noob barbs wouldn’t fall for that advice.

1 Like

not trolling, it’s a legitimate game mechanic that for some reason only i know.

those are just your false assumptions and slander towards me. please provide evidence. there is none because it’s not happening. i simply renamed my account which is completely within the rules and guidelines of the CoC, nothing more, nothing less.

I think, perhaps, you should re-read the section on targeted harassment.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it wasn’t a legitimate game mechanic. I implied that your advice is garbage and should never be followed. You won’t get much traction in the barb forum. We kinda got each others back.

2 Likes

well if players must play as optimal as possible in your opinion then why are you not suggesting they delete the character and level an Inna’s monk? I mean, you’re giving sub optimal advice yourself, buddy.

me, i’m just offering solutions and help. baby steps for the new players.

Because he ask about holy on barb in regards to it rolling on mortiks. It literally can not roll on mortiks. Pure garbage!!!

This is what you said. How can mortiks brace buff Mirinae since it does not roll holy?

yah, until he decides to reroll the bracers. what’s the confusion? dont bully new players into following your optimal guide, okay. Just give them the facts and data and let them enjoy the game.

be KIND, rewind - socrates