Hellcat waistguard final bounce bug

Hi admin,

I was testing hellcat waistguard with GoD but I realise the final bounce 800% damage on grenade is not working.

You need to provide more information…

From the How to Write a Good Bug Report pinned thread at the top of the forum…

If you have steps and can reproduce them consistently, write them out. This will help Quality Assurance get a must faster turn around time reproducing the issue and reporting it to the Diablo III developers.

Finally, it always helps to attach a link to Imgur (or another picture hosting site) that displays a screenshot of the bug. If you need to include a video, link to a video as well.

Works fine for me. Regular crits from the grenades are around 500-800M, then occasionally, I will get a crit for 4.5B. Specifically at the 1:35 mark, you can see two crits at once. One is for 580M, and the other is for 4,449M.

Not using F+R or any leg. gems, and no manual casts of grenades.

1 Like

I made this report because if hunger arrow with 600% damage on quiver can hit trillion damage, why does grenade on hellcat couldn’t?

In a standard Hungering Arrow / Gears of Dreadlands build your primary attacks (i.e. Hungering Arrow) are also subject to damage bonuses from…

Hunter’s Wrath

Your primary skills attack 30% faster and deal 150-200% increased damage.

The Ninth Cirri Satchel

Hungering Arrow is guaranteed to pierce and also deals 450-600% increased damage. Hungering Arrow can only pierce up to 4 times.

You’ve dropped the Hunter’s belt to make way for the Hellcat and the quiver doesn’t boost grenades. This means you’re missing out on the following multipliers…

30% AS = 1.3 times multiplier
200% extra damage = 3 times multiplier
600% extra damage = 7 times multiplier

So, combined that’s a 1.3 * 3 * 7 = 27.3 times multiplier you miss out on by using that belt and grenades rather than the Hungering Arrow variant. In other words, you’re doing 1/27th of the damage you could be doing if you swapped to Hungering Arrows.

Not knowing how things work doesn’t mean they’re bugged. This question would be better suited to the Demon Hunter or New Player Help forums. If you want to move it, click the little blue pencil icon under your opening post to enter Edit mode. At the top right of the editor there’s a drop-down list of all the sub-forums, pick the right one, then click on Save. That will move your entire thread to that sub-forum.

4 Likes

Am i right to say the 800% on hellcat is not a multiplier for grenade?

No.

It is a multiplier and it’s a good one, but it’s not nearly on the same level as the multiple multipliers you’d receive from a standard HA route, not including the devouring rune which it’s damage scales per pierce.

If you look at Meteorblade’s math, it shows that grenades with the hellcat is not even in the same ball park as HA. It’s not a bug, It’s simply the ninth cirri quiver (only affects HA) is one of the single strongest legendary item in the game and vastly overshadows any option/combination for GoD6 generator builds.

Not to highjack the thread, but to bring Grenades up to Hungering Arrow, they could, I suppose give it 800% on every bounce and then possibly rename Fletcher’s Pride quiver and give it a multiplier like “Your Grenades do 300-400% more damage.” (Edit: Or better yet, give this bonus to the hand crossbow Balefire Caster.) The flat 800% on grenade bounces would make Hellcat’s with 5 bounces actually stronger than one with 3 or 4 bounces as I think it’s supposed to be. And the quiver ( edit: Or Balefire Caster) would make up for losing Depth Diggers or CoE.

I’m not a math guy though, so I may be off with my numbers. At any rate it would make GoD an outstanding trash killer in multi-player, I think.