Having problems with the Armory

I’m not saying it is bug, but it could be too. Today I was messing around with a shadow build. I did some upgrades. I when to the armory to equip the shadow build. Click to have it equip that set. Didn’t really notice it at first.

Went to do a GR and started it. But the dagger wasn’t equip on the build. At first I thought I was still running the GoD set. Because I still have the Yang’s bow. I quit the game and started a new one.

Went bad to the armory and equip the GoD set. Made sure everything was right in the armory. Now I went back to the shadow set tab click on the equip and the build still had the yang’s bow on it. Click on details and it was showing that the shadow build did have the dagger in the armory.

This time I quit the game to the desktop close everything out. Restarted the game fresh and tried it again. Open the armory and was still getting the same thing. I thought maybe that tab had something wrong with it. So I save the shadow build in another tab. I still got the same thing.

Now with the shadow build in two tabs. If I click the 1st tab the Yang’s bow is still there. But if click on the 2nd tab it will equip it now with the dagger on the character. But now there are 2 tabs with the red diamond showing me what is equip on the character.

Plus it doesn’t matter what tab I on click on 1st. the Yang’s bow will be there. Once I click the 2nd tab now it is alright with the dagger.

For some reason it is only doing it to the shadow build all the other builds are fine. I don’t know what to say I’ll keep messing around with it.

See one of these threads:

The workaround is to just click the load button twice, or make sure your crafted primal is always in the same location, as well as legendary gems and rings in the same location between profiles.

This is not a bug per-se, it is just a limitation of the armory due to the order that it removes and replaces items, and how it handles conflicts when it can not equip 2 of the same type of item at the same time.

4 Likes

All those links are talking about people trying equip two of the same item. In my case it isn’t that.

It really doesn’t matter where the item is it at. Once you save it to the armory. The armory will find it on your character or stash. The problem is it has something to do with the dagger. It is a dagger I upgraded to Primal using the ashes. Plus I’m only using one item with that upgrade. You can’t equip it if you already have one on the character.

If I change to a ancient dagger and save it. Then when I equip the build it works like it should. It is only when I equip it with the upgraded primal.

Plus it has something to do the all upgraded primal weapons. I have a few different builds using a few different things. If I go from a ancient weapon to a upgraded primal weapon it does it. I have to click again to get it to work right.

If go from upgraded primal weapon to another upgraded primal weapon it works fine. It is only going from ancient weapon to a upgraded primal weapon. Then you have to click on it again.

I have a upgraded amulet to primal. That works fine from a ancient to the upgraded primal amulet. So if it is only doing it on the weapons and not amulet. But wait that isn’t a Bug. WOW!!!

I shouldn’t have to do a double click to equip my stuff. If we have to do that then it is a problem with the armory saving or equipping the upgraded primal using the ashes. It shows it in the armory when clicking the details. But when you go to equip it then item doesn’t equip.

Are you saying that you are NOT using a crafted primal on both of your armory profiles, and that they are NOT in different armor/weapon slots?

You can only use 1 crafted primal at a time, and when the armory attempts to equip a 2nd crafted primal before removing the 1st one, it can not, so the crafted primal does not get equipped.

Here is an example of what the armory is doing in slow motion and it illustrates why it fails in one direction, and not the other. (I am skipping the gems to save time)

In this scenario, the Armory swaps items out from top to bottom, left to right, in that order.

On profile 1, I have a crafted primal Weapon, and in profile 2, I have a crafted primal Quiver.

I am wearing profile 1, and I attempt to swap to profile 2.

The Armory swaps the crafted primal Weapon first, and replaces it with a regular Weapon before it replaces the Quiver with the crafted primal Quiver, so it works fine. No issues. For each of the 13 item swaps, I am never attempting to equip 2 crafted primal items at the same time.

Now I am wearing profile 2, and I attempt to swap to profile 1.

When the Armory attempts to swap out the Weapon for a crafted primal, it fails, because I still have a crafted primal Quiver equipped. So it skips the weapon, and moves on to the Quiver, and successfully swaps all the remaining items.

That is why clicking “Load” again will work on the 2nd try, because I am no longer wearing any crafted primals at that point, and it will not run into any conflicts.

Unless you have the crafted primal in the same armor/weapon slot, it will always fail when swapping from profile 2 to profile 1, but not when swapping from profile 1 to profile 2.

Hopefully this makes it clearer. One of links from above was from the Ethereal season, and the other was from the season with sanctified items. The issue is identical in every way.

5 Likes

What does that say??? I’m only using one crafted primal. You can’t use 2.

It is only happening when I go from my God build that has just a plain ancient Yang’s bow. To the shadow build with a crafted primal dagger. The bow stays on the shadow set. I have to click it again to get the dagger.

I have a GoD build with a Crafted Primal Yang’s bow. If I change from GoD to the Shadow it will equip fine. Because they both have Crafted Primal weapons. It is only happening from a Ancient weapon to Crafted Primal weapon.

If I have anything else Crafted to Primal. It will equip fine no problems. It is only doing it on the weapon nothing else.

I have been using the armory from day one. This is the first time I have ever run into this.

You said you did NOT have 2 of the same item, but that is apparently not the case. Attempting to equip 2 crafted primals give you this error:

So that is what I was talking about.

I think my video and post explained it pretty well, unless you still find something about this confusing that you want clarified.

3 Likes

I saw what you wrote before you deleted it. No that is not how the armory works you shouldn’t have to click it twice to get it to work.

How my yrs have we been using the armory and now we have to click it twice to get it to add the dagger. Plus it is only when I’m going from a ancient weapon to a crafted primal. NOTHING ELSE!!!

I have 4 accounts 2 mine and 2 others use them in the family. I help with all 4 accounts and use the armory on all 4 accounts. Today is the first time I have ever seen this. I have never ever ever had a problem with the armory never!!!

There are some simple explanations for why this might be.

I rarely had the problem in the past because I always did the following:

• Put the same rings on the same hands
  • Put the same legendary gems in the same locations
  • Always put the strongest weapon in the main hand, when dual-wielding
  • In the Ethereal season, I only put the Ethereal item in the main hand.

In the Sanctified season, I did run into this on my Wiz, because of Karini and the Weapon. Same thing in this season.

If you did the same thing, then you would never or rarely see this issue, but it has always worked this way ever since it was introduced. It just did not cause problems since there were not as many “Duplicate” item types.

Yes, I edit my posts many times until I am happy with the end result. I try not to edit them after someone has responded, though, unless I note it.

1 Like

The fact that you have never seen this doesn’t make you an expert. You were just lucky not to have run into this issue. It is rare, since normally it requires using two different sets of paired uniques. It is new because the crafted primals are new. They have only been introduced in the recent patch. That is why you have never run into this issue before, not because you know everything about how the Armory works (because you clearly don’t).

As VK mentioned, the armory swaps items one by one. It does not unequip everything before re-equipping. That would be nice, but that is not how it works. Because it swaps items one by one, and because you cannot equip 2 crafted primals at once, the issue arises when you have two loadouts, each using a different crafted primal in different item slots.

For example, say loadout 1 has a crafted primal amulet, and loadout 2 has a crafted primal weapon. When switching from 1 to 2, if the amulet gets switched before the weapon, then you will have no issue since by the time the armory swaps the weapon, you will have a non-crafted amulet. However, the issue will then arise when you go from 2 to 1. Since then, when the armory attempts to swap the amulet, you will still have the crafted primal weapon equipped. Therefore, it cannot swap the amulet. Only once the weapon gets swapped will you be able to equip the crafted amulet, which is why it works when you click the loadout 1 again.

You can simulate this by doing it manually with a set order of replacing items.

While this isn’t technically a bug, since the armory was designed long before the idea of crafted primals came along, it is an issue that would be nice if Blizzard addressed.

2 Likes

If you want to satisfy yourself that your dagger is not the issue:

• Equip the GoD set from the armory profile
  • Remove the Crafted Primal that you have equipped
  • Use the armory to swap to your Shadow set

Your Dagger will load normally as it should. This should illustrate to you that the problem is not your dagger, but that the Armory is loading your dagger before first removing your Crafted Primal.

The easy workaround is to just get into the habit of clicking the “Load” button twice when changing armory profiles.

Thanks for the help, but all I have to do is click on it again and it equips the dagger. Plus it is only that build it does it on. I can equip every other build with no problems. That is no matter what I’m using on those builds.

I was using that build on another character. So what I might do is go back to the other character and try it on that one or even delete that character. To see if that is causing the problem. Plus I don’t know if I had save that character to the armory.

Oh c’mon. He’s been here since day one. And he has 4 accounts. He must be an expert, not you nor some other random guy on the Internet.

Ok done some more testing I went back to character I was using the build with 1st. It works like it should with no problems.

I thought maybe it has some thing to do with that character vs the other one. So I deleted that character and it still happens.

I can swap from any other build no matter what I’m using. It is only happens when I equip to the shadow build using a crafted weapons. If I use a ancient weapons it is fine. It is just when I use the crafted weapons.

I use crafted weapons with the other builds going ancient to crafted or the other way around with no problem.

Plus when I started the topic I wrote this:

I didn’t come here yelling and screaming it is a BUG did I. If I have started this in a different area. People have said this Topic is in the wrong area. You will never Win or Lose on a topic in what area you start it!!!

So it has something to do with that one build and only that one build.

Plus like I said I have been using the armory from day one from when it came out. I have never ever had any problems with it till this time. I have never ever lost any thing from using it either like other people have.